Awoo.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Swiss

Final Boss + Ending

Are you kidding me

the final boss

Is a giant Bowser.

Again!

Well of fucking course it is, but I havent really been following this game but what the hell man?

Why does this look so boring?!

Edited by BeelzeBummer

Final Boss + Ending

Are you kidding me

the final boss

Is a giant Bowser.

Again!

I can't

I just

Man.

I don't even have words.

EDIT: Status update will have to speak for me:

i think sticker star's final boss is sending me through all the stages of depression at once
Edited by Real Actual Princess Peach

I loved Paper Mario...

because of the humor.

because of the epic stories in comparison to the mario platformers.

because of the awesome battle systems and unique bosses.

because of the creative locations we don't see in the Mario platformers.

...this game has the humor, but falls flat on every other part. Intelligent System, I'm so disappointed in you right now.

Edited by Thigolf
  • Thumbs Up 3

If nothing else, I like the fact that his final form is made out of cardboard instead of paper. It's a clever way of implying how strong he's supposed to be.

So that thing you hate so much is now available on the Nintendo eShop.

You know what else is available on the Nintendo eShop? Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

Eh I don't really see a problem. I find it funny, but that's about it. Haven't played it yet, but I hope to pick it up for Christmas or something.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Girl

Final Boss + Ending

Are you kidding me

the final boss

Is a giant Bowser.

Again!

Okay, I'll probably get crucified for this, but... I actually like that Bowser's the final boss again. I mean, think about it: the last time Bowser was the final boss in a Mario RPG was the original Paper Mario, back in 2001..

And no, Bowletta and Dark Bowser don't count: Bowletta's Cackletta's Spirit taking Bowser's body out for a joyride, and Dark Bowser is the Dark Star fused with his DNA (and you're controlling the actual Bowser, too).

• Thumbs Up 3

Okay, I'll probably get crucified for this, but... I actually like that Bowser's the final boss again. I mean, think about it: the last time Bowser was the final boss in a Mario RPG was the original Paper Mario, back in 2001..

And no, Bowletta and Dark Bowser don't count: Bowletta's Cackletta's Spirit taking Bowser's body out for a joyride, and Dark Bowser is the Dark Star fused with his DNA (and you're controlling the actual Bowser, too).

I think the difference here is that the Mario RPGs are pretty much the ONLY place that you see someone other than Bowser be the baddie for once. To that extent, they're actually a break from the usual Mario conventions. Sticker Star is heavily influenced by the usual Mario conventions, however, so fatigue from the main series seeps into here.

• Thumbs Up 4

Be that as it may~

The Flagpole victory theme with the baseball stadium honestly got a hearty laugh out of me.

Oh god, just got to cardboard Bowser, and I actually think that's pretty beast.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Be that as it may~

The Flagpole victory theme with the baseball stadium honestly got a hearty laugh out of me.

Oh god, just got to cardboard Bowser, and I actually think that's pretty beast.

Is the game really THAT short? =|

Was I the only one that thought that the final boss was rather... Underwhelming? I don't know, I feel Bowser wasn't that good of a final boss now.

I'm still unsure on whether I want this game. I look forward to reading some of you guys' first impressions.

Hopefully it lives up to the previous first two games.

Edited by canderson

Man, does Bowser even get any real dialogue in this game? He doesn't talk in the first cutscene OR before the final boss. What even? D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anybody think the transition from console to handheld have anything to do with this?

It always seems like handheld games are getting butchered up for a casual audience. New Super Mario Bros 2 is a huge disappointment considering what the Wii U is going to get. Paper Mario 3DS is far from the quality the original N64/GC and even the Wii U had. Whenever you get a handheld title, you usually see something sacrificed. Uncharted Vita, NSMB 2, God of War PSP, etc.

Then again, Animal Crossing looks top notch but the game was casual heavy in the first place. Apparently the previous Paper Mario games were unique and story heavy with lots of different attack commands. I hope that if they do make another M&L game, it doesn't end up like Paper Mario 3DS. I want story heavy/varied battle system.

The fact that the Mario & Luigi games ARE story heavy means there's no excuse for scaling back on this level. In many respects, this game feels like a watered down version of the original Paper Mario's story, only Mario gets a Twink-like character instead of Peach and there's no character development. x_x

• Thumbs Up 4

Man, does Bowser even get any real dialogue in this game? He doesn't talk in the first cutscene OR before the final boss. What even? D:

Nope. Which is weird, because everyone else does, even his own son.

Nope. Which is weird, because everyone else does, even his own son.

Aw man. Bowser's dialogue was the best part of the RPG's!

"No more sequels!"

Edited by Real Actual Princess Peach