Awoo.

How would you make Sonic Next Gen..... WORSE?

Mr. Mackey

How long did it take you to think of that? XD

Exactly 3 seconds.

The PS3 version doesn't have any gondolas in Soleana. Clearly this is the inferior version.

Last time I checked there where =S

Oh and make the game have no floor the entire time, which will make the character fall and lose a life everytime the player starts playing.

Edited by Tizo Teh Hedgie

- Have the entire soundtrack replaced by the Sonic Underground soundtrack

- Have Sonic's voice be done by the person who did the Alton Towers Sonic Spinball voiceover.

- Sonic's legs get even longer

- Blaze's gameplay is replaced by Big's fishing stages

- The graphics become 2 bit

- Sonic finds his long lost brother Green the Badger

- Make every line of Silver's dialogue 'ITS NO UUUUSE!'

- Make it so every time you get hit you get launched into space and then die

- Every enemy is the Egg Wyvern

- Shadow gets killed and replaced by Cream the Rabbit

- All of the chips get replaced by goggles

- The goggles do nothing

- The Sonic and Elise kissing scene is replaced by a Sonic and Tails yaoi scene

- Release the resulting game as Sonic 4 episode 3

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just about to say the same thing.

Wait, WTF? How--and why--did I get a -1?

The game had a absolutely wonderful soundtrack. I adore it. Easily the best part of the game.

Therefore, making the soundtrack not as good is theoretically making it worse. It'd make me sad if it was made worse though. :<

Nothing, it can't possibly be made any worst than it already is. /end topic

The sheer closed-mindedness, short-sightedness and general ignorance of this post is actually quite astonishing; not only did Sonic '06 have fantastic level design, but it also utilised incredible (and, for the series, ground-breaking) physics, was graphically excellent and played host to one of the single best soundtracks that the series has seen to date.

Mark my words: a hell of a lot more could have gone wrong with that game than did...

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

The sheer closed-mindedness, short-sightedness and general ignorance of this post is actually quite astonishing; not only did Sonic '06 have fantastic level design, but it also utilised incredible (and, for the series, ground-breaking) physics, was graphically excellent and played host to one of the single best soundtracks that the series has seen to date.

Mark my words: a hell of a lot more could have gone wrong with that game than did...

30svgbd.jpg

...I understand and respect the fact that you like the game, but that's no excuse to outright lie about it.

Level design = Hold "up" to win. You barely have to move the analog in stick any other direction.

Physics = Floors? Ha-ha, they don't count! I'm gonna go for a stroll upside-down now.

Graphics = Not Sonic. Sure, they look realistic, but that's not what Sonic is supposed to do.

Music = Good, but single-best soundtrack? This is coming from the person who disliked the Unleashed soundtrack?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Level design = Hold "up" to win. You barely have to move the analog in stick any other direction.

I would replay to this and break down your argument into tiny bite sized bits of sadness, but I don't think I can express it properly. I'll just leave this here.

iorilaugh.gifiorilaugh.gifiorilaugh.gifiorilaugh.gifiorilaugh.gif

Oh jesus, that may be the funniest thing I've read all year. I was going to respond to your post seriously, but seeing as you are telling jokes I'll just go laugh in the corner.

i love how you chose the stage with the most glitches in the entire game.

i love how you chose the stage with the most glitches in the entire game.

So?

So?

Your argument to prove that not all of the stages are hold-forward fests involves pointing out the one stage in the game that contains more broken parts than the rest.

It's like going:

"All of these engines are the same"

"Oh, but this broken and unusable engine is diffrent!"

":|"

Your argument to prove that not all of the stages are hold-forward fests involves pointing out the one stage in the game that contains more broken parts than the rest.

It's like going:

"All of these engines are the same"

"Oh, but this broken and unusable engine is diffrent!"

":|"

Good level design is still good level design, which was my original point. Glitches are irrelevant.

Good level design is still good level design, which was my original point. Glitches are irrelevant.

I'm pretty sure glitches are part of the level design.

also what do you mean by "good" because it's really good at being a bad level.

I'm pretty sure glitches are part of the level design.

What?

Glitches are errors in the games programming, they aren't PLACED INTO THE LEVEL PURPOSELY. Levels aren't based around errors.

also what do you mean by "good" because it's really good at being a bad level.

:|

What?

Glitches are errors in the games programming, they aren't PLACED INTO THE LEVEL PURPOSELY. Levels aren't based around errors.

But half of them are glitches caused by parts of the level that were built badly. Like how you can fall while running on a wall if you hit a small bump?

:|

You heard me.

But half of them are glitches caused by parts of the level that were built badly. Like how you can fall while running on a wall if you hit a small bump?

You mean what happens in real life?

Very good guys, pointless arguing will make this game much much worse.

• Thumbs Up 4

Very good guys, pointless arguing will make this game much much worse.

You don't think I can then? I WILL POINT OUT EVERY SINGLE BAD TEXTURE AND SMALL ERROR UNTIL YOU'RE BRAINWASHED INTO THE IDEA THAT THIS IS NOT A GAME, IT IS SHIT.

You mean what happens in real life?

hey, if you can run fast enough to go onto a wall and keep a pace on it a pebble should not slow you down that much.

also real life logic should not = video game logic. That's only more proof of why it's a bad thing.

hey, if you can run fast enough to go onto a wall and keep a pace on it a pebble should not slow you down that much.

But a bump in the wall or something that can cause you to lose momentum can and WILL make you fall.

also real life logic should not = video game logic. That's only more proof of why it's a bad thing.

Then why do Sonic games have realistic pinball physics?

Why is there gravity in video games?

Why do bullets kill you?

Why is falling into a fissure in the ground fatal?

When you make a game, especially a platformer, your gonna have to include SOME form of realism in the basic laws of reality for players to better connect with the world the game's based in, and to make it easier for gamers to actually play. If you were forced to throw away your preconceptions that jumping will make you go up and dropping off a platform will make you fall down, it's only gonna make the game harder for players to adjust to how the game plays.

In any normal scenario where any sort of changes in basic realism are not specifically stated to have changed, expecting the player to NOT expect basic laws of physics to apply would make the game harder for players to play for all the wrong reasons.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then why do Sonic games have realistic pinball physics?

Why is there gravity in video games?

Why do bullets kill you?

Why is falling into a fissure in the ground fatal?

They don't if you have rings. :D

Even so, it's not the same kind of thing. If you're forced to go up onto a wall, there should not be parts of the floor that are both small and pretty insignificant, that are able to kill you. Especially if they have some bad collision.

Things like bombs and such are good because you can see them coming. Nobody is looking at the super small crack on the wall and wondering if it will kill them.

Physics are used mainly to give a grasp on what's going on but they very rarely act completely realistic.

Physics are used mainly to give a grasp on what's going on but they very rarely act completely realistic.

But saying that having realistic physics is a bad thing is completely absurd, when the aforementioned spinball physics is part of what made Sonic popular in the first place.

When did this topic turn so serious then ?

I thought it was a have a laugh thread but no you all ruined the fun of this topic *slams door and runs off crying* and @Mimi alot of Sonic fans have pointless arguments over pointless things all the time.....*COUGHGREENEYESCOUGH* *COUGHTHISNAMEHASALOTWEIGHT ONTHECLASSICGAMESCOUGH* but I always laugh at those sort of things when reading them haha :P

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but why all the arguing?

You should expect arguing in a topic called "How would you make Sonic Next Gen WORSE?" when there is a majority that like the game, I am part of that majority. I know it's glitchy and unfinished but I love the style/graphics/music/level design/gameplay of the game, no matter how unfinished it is....... though warning, NEVER play Sonic 06 on the PS3 in PAL mode.

I also love how half the people that bash the game haven't even played it, they just like to jump on the hate-wagon.