Awoo.

How would you make Sonic Next Gen..... WORSE?

Mr. Mackey

You should expect arguing in a topic called "How would you make Sonic Next Gen WORSE?" when there is a majority that like the game, I am part of that majority. I know it's glitchy and unfinished but I love the style/graphics/music/level design/gameplay of the game, no matter how unfinished it is.......

I have to agree with you here, the game wasn't perfect, but then again no game is perfect. In my opinion, people have overreacted on how bad the game is. I like it, myself. I thought it was a good fun game with nice graphics, gameplay, and music (like you said). But not everybody is like me.

I also love how half the people that bash the game haven't even played it, they just like to jump on the hate-wagon.

This is too true

But saying that having realistic physics is a bad thing is completely absurd, when the aforementioned spinball physics is part of what made Sonic popular in the first place.

Not a problem with realistic physics, it's bad, bad, baaaaad level design and glitchy physics that are made worse by bad level design.

Not a problem with realistic physics, it's bad, bad, baaaaad level design and glitchy physics that are made worse by bad level design.

Whatever the case, the physics were completely irrelevant to my original point; that the level design in 06 was good.

Whatever the case, the physics were completely irrelevant to my original point; that the level design in 06 was good.

really good at being bad yeah.

Opinions, opinions. :|

Psssst... Nate. I have a secret...

Not everyone shares your opinion.

5owlrp.jpg

Psssst... Nate. I have a secret...

Not everyone shares your opinion.

You say that as if it's my fault they can't just deal with realities.

also ahaha what's up with that robot it looks like it's torso got caught in a taffy puller

Edited by Nathan
  • Bad Quality Post 4

also ahaha what's up with that robot it looks like it's torso got caught in a taffy puller

You are indeed an odd sort Nate.

Guest Miles Per Hour

You're opinion is a fact? Haha, I don't think so.

You should expect arguing in a topic called "How would you make Sonic Next Gen WORSE?" when there is a majority that like the game, I am part of that majority. I know it's glitchy and unfinished but I love the style/graphics/music/level design/gameplay of the game, no matter how unfinished it is....... though warning, NEVER play Sonic 06 on the PS3 in PAL mode.

I also love how half the people that bash the game haven't even played it, they just like to jump on the hate-wagon.

I've played the game and I like it myself (COUGHespeciallysilverlevelsCOUGH), it's just that this thread doesn't seem like it's supposed to be serious in any way. Just for fun and all. Though sorry if anything here offended you. Maybe this bunny makes everything a bit better?

cute_bunny_caption.jpg

Maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time that checked this topic was about what things you could do to Sonic '06 to make it worse. Not a particularly difficult thing to do. This wasn't meant to be a thread taking incredibly seriously.

And yet I see a whole bunch of people completely missing the fucking point and using it as an excuse to bitch and argue. Nothing you guys can say hasn't been said a million fucking times, hohohoho, let me tell you. I've been apart of this community since before Sonic 06 even came out. I was in the middle of that shit right when it was happening, so I guess I kinda qualify as a bit of an 'oldie'. Maybe that's why I'm to the point that I just.. really, really, really don't care to discuss how bad it was anymore or argue points that have been argued so many times before today. It's just a never-ending cycle of arrogance and stupidity.

I never really understood this fandom's obsession with this game. Yes, obsession. Because that's clearly what it is. It's so bad that even the media can't help but acknowledge this game's existence over and over each time a new game in the franchise is presented to them. It's absolutely absurd.

I've played plenty of games I thought were horrible in my lifetime, a lot of them worse that the game being discussed here. But you know what I ended up doing? I moved on from them! Playing those games has become a distant memory. I don't carry all this pent up hatred for a game that I haven't bothered playing through entirely in years. It's because of that I don't understand why the hell this game gets brought up entirely unprovoked and leads to another unnecessary bitch fest. Do people really not have anything better to do? We've got three new Sonic games coming out within the next few months. I think it's hard to say that you don't.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 2

The point of this thread was to list humorous ideas to make any Sonic game (even though I used Sonic '06) ridicously terrible. It wasn't meant to be a serious thread. Just lighten up already. :rolleyes:

• Thumbs Up 3

I know how we could make Sonic 06 even worse.

Make it as serious as this thread!

2a9v4fq.jpg

IMPOSSIBLE! Nothing could be more narmtastic than THAT game.

How would you make SONIC: the Hedgehog (Next Gen) worse?

I would:

-Make Chris Thorndyke have his own storyline

-Have the levels load 6x as long

-Make Sonic look SUPER realistic

-Have the Jonas Brothers do all of the music

So, what would you do? :D

I don't think I could beat that... but I'll try!

-Start calling the rings 'bracelets'.

-Have Sonic wear a hat which causes him to take more damage if he loses it.

-Put in Superlink's mom as a hidden boss.

-Make Doctor Eggman's plans actually make sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

I've played the game and I like it myself (COUGHespeciallysilverlevelsCOUGH), it's just that this thread doesn't seem like it's supposed to be serious in any way. Just for fun and all. Though sorry if anything here offended you. Maybe this bunny makes everything a bit better?

cute_bunny_caption.jpg

Maybe?

I'm not saying it's a serious thread, I just saw a few people arguing over the game and I'm not surprised since some there are people see these threads as "places to bash Sonic 06!" but yeah, that bunny made me so happy *Gives + rep*

EDIT:

I think it would be better for the title to be "How to make Sonic 3 and Knuckles...... WORSE!"

Imagine how funny that would be ^_^

Edited by Miles Per Hour
  • Thumbs Up 1

You're opinion is a fact? Haha, I don't think so.

Of course it's not a fact. Duh, that's obvious.

Facts change silly.

IMPOSSIBLE! Nothing could be more narmtastic than THAT game.

actually i'm fairly certain I made a whole list on how it could get worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Miles Per Hour

Of course it's not a fact. Duh, that's obvious.

Facts change silly.

You said it's a reality that the game is terrible, that is pretty much saying your opinion is a fact.... Honestly, I love the trolls on this forum.

You said it's a reality that the game is terrible, that is pretty much saying your opinion is a fact.... Honestly, I love the trolls on this forum.

Juuuuuuuuust let it go, k? ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

While I don't like Sonic 06 as a game, it's hard to really hate it when it brought me so much joy.

Watching them one Viddler with the auto comments throughout the vid add to the fun.

I guess I'll do a list

1. Sonic runs backwards

2. The ground has undetectible pitfalls all over the place

3. Buildings no longer exist

4. There is more game lag

5. Silver cannot use psychokinesis

6. There is no change in Silver's level design

7. All of Silver's levels end with a ball puzzle.

8. Sonic is voiced by Charles Martinet

9. The Xbox 360 game disk gives the player the red ring of death when put into the game system.

10. The PS3 version doesn't work on a PS3, but on the Xbox and the Wii.

11. It plays muted on the Xbox and with more slowdown on Wii

12. The Wii version can only be played with a NES controller

13. Amy has switched textures with Elise

14. Elise has been replaced with Fang the Sniper

15. The Amigo characters don't work. They simply stand there.

16. You get a time over after 3 minutes.

17. Shadow and Rouge have switched heads.

18. You now die when you get hit, even if you have rings

19. Every level has the time rifts from End of the World.

20. The background music is Sonic's jump sound effect looped for the entire game.

The point of this thread was to list humorous ideas to make any Sonic game (even though I used Sonic '06) ridicously terrible. It wasn't meant to be a serious thread. Just lighten up already. :rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry about that; I sure know how to stir up an argument! In any case:

This game could have been worse by it not existing.

Yes, I went there...

• Bad Quality Post 1