Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

Lawl, cutting up dead trees on a sharper with a dying tree on the cover, brilliant, XD.

I've been holding off a pre-order for this for awhile now just incase somewhere in the US has one, so here's to still hoping.

Since Swiss asked in the status box, I thought I'd post here with the current cheapest UK price for online pre-orders.

Simply Games: £29.85

http://www.simplygames.com/info/19049/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Ocarina-Of-Time-3D-Nintendo-3DS

The Hut: £29.85

http://www.thehut.com/10300630.html

Zavvi: £29.85

http://www.zavvi.com/10300630.html

Awesome vid, though whoever was playing it clearly sucked at playing it.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Colour coded water temple doors... good call.

Glad they upgraded MQ. I never liked that the bosses weren't any harder than the original. Looking forward to the bosh rush mode too.

I remember I used to mash the button trying to skip everything that bastard owl said only to accidentally select "yes" when he would finish his spiel and ask me if I wanted to hear it again. :(..........bastard owl

I'm guessing he never noticed that Kaepora Gaebora's face markings are set up so that his upside down face looks like another face.

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think I'm one of the only people who likes Kaepora Gaebora. He could fly you out of Lake Hylia, he gave good instructions(which I needed as a little kid) and he was an owl- and owls are AWESOME.

Not to mention he had a really good theme. I will tolerate any amount of tedious exposition if I can hear this.

Although I always thought he was really goddamn big for an owl. He's got to be like, six feet tall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although I always thought he was really goddamn big for an owl. He's got to be like, six feet tall.

Well there are rumors saying that that he is the reincarnation of Rauru, hence why he never shows up in the Ganon-age.

Well there are rumors saying that that he is the reincarnation of Rauru, hence why he never shows up in the Ganon-age.

Would you really call something said in the game a rumor? :P

Eh, I really like Kaepora Gaebora too, but I haven't got a clue on how to pronounce his name... anyway, I already pre-ordered this game, and I will buy a 3DS on the day I get it. I never actually finished the original even though this is my favourite Zelda game by far, I will be spending my summer playing and trying to finish this. :D

I really like Kaepora Gaebora too, but I haven't got a clue on how to pronounce his name...

kay-pore-ah guy-bore-ah

I thought it was gay-bore-ah. I thought both parts of the name were supposed to rhyme.

Might be kai-pore-uh then. That pronunciation fits the spelling too.

He actually DOES show up in the Ganon age. He doesn't say anything, but he's there watching Adult Link as he learns the Requiem of Spirit.

Also it wouldn't make much sense to me if he were the reincarnation of Rauru since he's primarily seen in Young Link's era. The Gossip stone only mentions that he's the reincarnation of a sage, but it never names which one.

I always assumed the stone meant he was a completely different sage, but I guess the Rauru theory makes sense, even if it's got a few holes in it.

UK pre-order bonus at GAME and Gamestation

Fans who pre-order The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D from GAME or GameStation will get a Zelda poster and a special gold sleeve for their game.

The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D will be released for Nintendo 3DS on 17 June but if you place a pre-order for Link's new adventure with GAME or GameStation you'll get the poster and sleeve.

The exclusive double-sided A2 poster features Link in battle on one side and the hero riding Epona across Hyrule Field on the other. The special gold sleeve will come as part of the game packaging.

Where have you pre-ordered from?

Here is the latest Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D video.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/26277/zelda-ocarina-of-time-pre-order-bonus-for-uk-gamers/

Can't see the bonus stuff on their websites though. Also, Gamestation is currently £5 cheaper than GAME.

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2?msg=&showResultsPage=true&predictiveSearchURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestation.co.uk%2Fwebapp%2Fwcs%2Fstores%2Fservlet%2FAjaxPredictiveSearchView%3FcatalogId%3D10202%26langId%3D45%26storeId%3D10651&langId=45&beginIndex=0&productId=124756&sType=SimpleSearch&pageSize=20&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=zelda+3d&pageView=image&catalogId=10202&storeId=10651&searchBtn.x=0&searchBtn.y=0&ddkey=http:AjaxCatalogSearch

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-3DS/Action-Adventure/The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Ocarina-of-Time-3DS/~r354329/?s=zelda+3d

They sound like fairly lame pre-order bonuses, but at least it's something. I already pre-ordered from GAME in anticipation of this.

There isn't going to be any worthwhile preorder bonus for this IMO. The only reason they gave the US OOTMQ with WW was because of the hate the WW style was getting and they were afraid it wouldn't sell too well. OOT3D will sell just fine, especially considering how lackluster the 3DS release schedule has been.

He actually DOES show up in the Ganon age. He doesn't say anything, but he's there watching Adult Link as he learns the Requiem of Spirit.

Also it wouldn't make much sense to me if he were the reincarnation of Rauru since he's primarily seen in Young Link's era. The Gossip stone only mentions that he's the reincarnation of a sage, but it never names which one.

I always assumed the stone meant he was a completely different sage, but I guess the Rauru theory makes sense, even if it's got a few holes in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just imagined that it was Rauru's soul that you see in the sacred realm and that when he enters the human world he uses Kaebora's body to be able to communicate with people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Most people have probably played Ocarina already but just in case:

Zelda changes shape into Sheik as an anti-capture disguise.

Rauru changes shape into Kaepora as an anti-capture disguise.

Problem solved?

Shape-shifting to hide from Ganon(which I don't know why he'd need to do that) isn't the same as "reincarnation" which is what was mentioned on the gossip stone. When the stone said that Kaepora Gaebora may have been reincarnated from a sage, it's saying that he was a sage in a previous life.

Edit: Actually, the gossip stone mentions he's the reincarnation of an ANCIENT sage, so he pretty much can't be connected to any of the OoT sages.

Edited by The Soldier
  • Thumbs Up 1