Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

Wow, you guys are using spoiler tags in an OoT thread?

THANK YOU!

I've still never played OoT past... uh, not sure where, but not very far in.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wow, you guys are using spoiler tags in an OoT thread?

THANK YOU!

I've still never played OoT past... uh, not sure where, but not very far in.

Mind if I ask why?

• Thumbs Up 1

Shape-shifting to hide from Ganon(which I don't know why he'd need to do that) isn't the same as "reincarnation" which is what was mentioned on the gossip stone. When the stone said that Kaepora Gaebora may have been reincarnated from a sage, it's saying that he was a sage in a previous life.

Edit: Actually, the gossip stone mentions he's the reincarnation of an ANCIENT sage, so he pretty much can't be connected to any of the OoT sages.

Perhaps we'll get more info regarding Kaepora Gaebora in Skyward Sword. It is pre OoT afterall.

Mind if I ask why?

Edited by Blue Blood

Because I've always, always found it to be absolutely dreadful. No matter how many times I've tried to play it, I've never found it to be fun. That said, I'm more than willing to give a remake of 'the best game ever made' a chance.

Do you like any other Zelda games?

Honestly, I had a fantastic time playing Twilight Princess and really enjoyed watching my friend play Majora's Mask from start to finish (playing MM on the other hand I didn't enjoy). Wind Waker was... lame and that's it for the Zelda games I've played.

Because I've always, always found it to be absolutely dreadful. No matter how many times I've tried to play it, I've never found it to be fun. That said, I'm more than willing to give a remake of 'the best game ever made' a chance.

Edited by speedfreak

Really, dreadful? I know, opinions and all that, but I honestly can't understand how anyone could dislike OOT (or any Zelda for that matter) that much. Honestly if you found it dreadful before I really doubt improved graphics are going to change your mind at all. You'd be doing nothing but throwing your money away.

Edited by Blue Blood

While I do feel TP is the best Zelda

Yay, someone who doesn't hate on the game for no good reason.

Yay, someone who doesn't hate on the game for no good reason.

Yeah, I thought Twilight Princess was fantastic. It had some of the best dungeons in the series, the best (though easy) boss fights, and that for me is enough to call it one of the best Zelda's. Though honestly I love them all and I don't think one is too much better than the other. They all have different things that set them apart and things they do better/worse then one another.

I never bought into that mentality that we've been getting the same game over and over. Even if that were true, Zelda (the main ones) only comes out every five or six years so it would hard for me to get sick of it. Yet the same person who complains about Zelda always being the same is plenty happy playing their yearly Call of Duty. :/

I thought Twilight Princess was brilliant, and VERY innovative from the franchise's perspective. A lot of the items WERE gimmicky and limited use, but they sure as hell were fun. The double clawshot is a total keeper for future games.

But dropping the magic meter, fire, ice and light arrows? That was daring as far as the 3D games are concerned, I totally dug that.

Pretty sure it's just old OOT artwork with touched up colors. The only new piece is that one of Link riding Epona through Hyrule field.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to let every US Club Nintendo user to know OOT3D is up for intend to buy.

I thought Twilight Princess was brilliant, and VERY innovative from the franchise's perspective. A lot of the items WERE gimmicky and limited use, but they sure as hell were fun. The double clawshot is a total keeper for future games.

But dropping the magic meter, fire, ice and light arrows? That was daring as far as the 3D games are concerned, I totally dug that.

Agreed. Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game I ever played, so it has a special place in my heart. It's not perfect, but the solid gameplay and 'grand adventure' atmosphere really draws a player in.

That was one of the best trailers I have ever seen. I'm not even joking.

It sent so many chills down my spine.

tears-pf-joy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, whoever put the video on Youtube made sure to leave a note that there were spoilers if you've never plyed it before. Wonderful. *doesn't watch*

If only the Skyward Sword trailer was this interesting.

That's right, a remake has gotten me more excited than a brand new massive Zelda title.

Motherfucker.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not too hard, considering this trailer showed more from the game than just "HEY LOOK WE HAVE MOTIONPLUS SEE WHAT WE CAN DO WHO CARES ABOUT SEEING CINEMATICS OR DUNGEONS MOTIONPLUS WOOOOOOO".

If only the Skyward Sword trailer was this interesting.

That's right, a remake has gotten me more excited than a brand new massive Zelda title.

Motherfucker.

Edited by speedfreak

Quote from the NP review:

“…There are so many clear improvements in the 3DS release that it’s tough to quibble, but I could do without the extra comments from Link’s fairy companion Navi, whose distracting alerts were already borderline annoying in the original game. While she does sometimes give useful hints, more often then not she interrupts the game to repeatedly suggest that you take a break from playing or go watch a hint movie. Turning to her for advice when I’m hopelessly stuck only to get great tips like ‘Keep Moving!’ or ‘The barrier is blocking the door, there must be some way of opening it’ is like pouring salt into a wound.”

Fantastic, how else would I know when to stop playing the game if the game didn't tell me to?

@Jez

Well, I'm fine with the messages in games like Wii Sports and SMG2 where they'll suggest taking a break after a minigame/game over, but I don't like the idea of being told while I'm playing the game to stop, particularly by a character that takes you out of the game enough already.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

^To be fair, how else indeed? I doubt anyone here takes breaks as often as you're supposed to, myself included.

If nothing else, seeing that message pop up from Navi will earn Nintendo a nod of respect from me for at least trying to promote healthy playing. Then I shall continue playing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1