Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

^To be fair, how else indeed? I doubt anyone here takes breaks as often as you're supposed to, myself included.

If nothing else, seeing that message pop up from Navi will earn Nintendo a nod of respect from me for at least trying to promote healthy playing. Then I shall continue playing.

If the game includes a short warning at the start amongst the logos, then it's just annoying. At least it's not yet gotten to the stage when the game forces you to take a break...

If the game includes a short warning at the start amongst the logos, then it's just annoying. At least it's not yet gotten to the stage when the game forces you to take a break...

Surely the 3DS battery life already has that covered.

rimshot.jpg

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still confused. How'd the remake of OoT get a higher grade than Mario DS, which also got a perfect, (or something close to that) if I'm not mistaken??

Nostalgia?

I'm not going to think much, screw it.

I'm still confused. How'd the remake of OoT get a higher grade than Mario DS, which also got a perfect, (or something close to that) if I'm not mistaken??

Nostalgia?

I'm not going to think much, screw it.

Super Mario 64 DS got an 89% from ONM, or NOM as they were known back then.

I never understood decimal/percentage grading.

What makes it two percent off of a 100?

• Thumbs Up 3

While I expect this game to get good reviews, it's pointless paying attention to ONM. They tend to give things a higher rating than other journalists, and especially with a title like this you can only expect them to view it through the rosiest of lenses.

Everybody check out Google's homepage (as of the 9th June), click the little keyboard button and type this.

‎467 467 46709

You're welcome. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

Everybody check out Google's homepage (as of the 9th June), click the little keyboard button and type this.

‎467 467 46709

You're welcome. ;)

Free Zelda: OoT 3D themed 3DS slip case when you pre-order the game at Play.com

15574594_300x300_2.jpg

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/15574594/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Ocarina-Of-Time-3D/Product.html

You can also get 20% off the game guide when you buy the game.

Also, there's a Skyward Sword easter egg in the game:

Just read ONM's review and it's just made me even more excited to play it. Sure, the score may be a tad predictable but in most cases, you really can't fault the game so it seems pretty fair to me.

It truly is magical. /cheese

Oh shit. Poster or case, guys?

I'd go with the slip case over the poster and alternate cover.

I'd go with the slip case over the poster and alternate cover.

I already have A number of 3/DS/Lite/i cases and whatnot, another just seems silly. And the alternate box is lame, but eh. I'll go for the box and poster for the sake of having something new to go on my wall.

It's unusual for Shadz to miss this, so I'll mention it:

I got an offer from GAME in the mail where I can get Ocarina of Time 3D & a 3DS for £180 total.

The Save £75 aspect was touted pretty loudly on the mail. :P

I assume then that this is only open to people who already owned GAME Reward Cards, but it's a great offer and it's forced me to consider picking up a 3DS for effectively £140.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I've been looking forward to getting this for weeks, but I have to admit I'm beginning to have second thoughts on getting this as soon as it launches. On one hand, I REALLY want to get a new 3DS game. On the other, I've practically memorized OoT, and it hasn't even been that long since I last played it. (Seven months) I have the GC Master Quest disk, yet for some reason I never really actually played Master Quest. I remember getting to the Forest Temple six or seven years ago before lapsing. Now I would love to play MQ just so I can experience OoT in a new way. So when I heard they were including that in the remake and even flipping the map around, I was completely sold...until they revealed you have to play through regular OoT first.

The thing is, as of this moment, I have no desire to play regular OoT for the 72nd time. Even if I played through it just to unlock MQ, I'm afraid I'm not going to want to play through the game again for quite a while. And there's another very important factor for me to consider: if I want to play MQ, then I can do that right now. Do I really want to pay $40 for a game I already own? This isn't like when they remade Super Mario 64 and added new characters and levels along with enhanced graphics, this is just enhanced graphics and a boss attack mode. Aside from that, the changes are very minimal.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't get this day one I WILL still get this game. There's also a good chance I'll change my mind and pick it up as soon as I wake up on Sunday, but I'm very tempted to wait for the price to drop.

Edited by Speederino

Dude, where have you been? Nintendo very rarely drops the prices of their games, so you'll be waiting forever. They just now started Player's Choice for Wii, when it's at the end of its life cycle.

Am I the only one who's really bugged by Navi's upper two wings? xD I feel petty saying that, but it's really bugging me for some reason. They look weird shaped...

(I still can't wait for this though. <3)

Edited by Aptiva

I've been looking forward to getting this for weeks, but I have to admit I'm beginning to have second thoughts on getting this as soon as it launches. On one hand, I REALLY want to get a new 3DS game. On the other, I've practically memorized OoT, and it hasn't even been that long since I last played it. (Seven months) I have the GC Master Quest disk, yet for some reason I never really actually played Master Quest. I remember getting to the Forest Temple six or seven years ago before lapsing. Now I would love to play MQ just so I can experience OoT in a new way. So when I heard they were including that in the remake and even flipping the map around, I was completely sold...until they revealed you have to play through regular OoT first.

The thing is, as of this moment, I have no desire to play regular OoT for the 72nd time. Even if I played through it just to unlock MQ, I'm afraid I'm not going to want to play through the game again for quite a while. And there's another very important factor for me to consider: if I want to play MQ, then I can do that right now. Do I really want to pay $40 for a game I already own? This isn't like when they remade Super Mario 64 and added new characters and levels along with enhanced graphics, this is just enhanced graphics and a boss attack mode. Aside from that, the changes are very minimal.

Don't get me wrong, even if I don't get this day one I WILL still get this game. There's also a good chance I'll change my mind and pick it up as soon as I wake up on Sunday, but I'm very tempted to wait for the price to drop.

Sign up for Club Nintendo now, buy the game on Sunday, run home as fast as you can, register the game, and pray that you score the official soundtrack as a reward.

You're in the USA, right? You can do this then. It's what I'm doing.