Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I mean, I've just finished Dodongo's Cavern. I know I'm supposed to go to Zora's Domain next. But what if I didn't? After the cavern, the Gorons tell me to go meet the great fairy at the top of Death Mountain. She tells me to go to the one near Hyrule Castle. Then... nothing.

Okay, I can check with Saria, who tells me to go to Zora's domain, but still.

After you've seen the first great fairy, Navi's automatic tip message tells you to ask Saria if she knows anything about the next spiritual stone.

Yeah, I know. D: And I know she tells you about the Zora king etc. But it still doesn't really give you any idea where Zora's Domain actually is.

Also, maybe I just overlooked this in not speaking to every single Zora out of impatience, but as far as I can tell (although as I said, feel free to prove me wrong), there doesn't seem to be anything whatsoever to lead you toward finding Ruto's message bottle in Lake Hylia other than random curiosity and exploring. I feel like if I were new to the game and didn't already know to look there, I'd get really stuck there. D:

No, she's still got the voice, as do most of the characters I believe. Why on earth would they make her silent?

Cause she's annoying.

Yeah, I know. D: And I know she tells you about the Zora king etc. But it still doesn't really give you any idea where Zora's Domain actually is.

Also, maybe I just overlooked this in not speaking to every single Zora out of impatience, but as far as I can tell (although as I said, feel free to prove me wrong), there doesn't seem to be anything whatsoever to lead you toward finding Ruto's message bottle in Lake Hylia other than random curiosity and exploring. I feel like if I were new to the game and didn't already know to look there, I'd get really stuck there. D:

Your next story location is always highlighted on the map, and the hole leading to Lake Hylia is clearly visible during the diving game.

As for this version, there's also a hint movie that makes it clear where you need to be diving to find both the hole and the bottle. Now, getting a fish to feed Jabu-Jabu, THAT one was a headscratcher for me as a kid that still seems somewhat unintuitive.

Glad to hear this game is amazing! Though I've played OoT about 5 times I still love it to this day and wouldn't mind playing through it again in 3D. X3 Also pleased to hear you can skip through text much quicker, especially with that Goddamn owl. >.>

And I know it's already been said multiple times but...wow, just, WOW at EXtaticus' post. He has obviously not played a single Zelda game in his entire life. Fockin' troll. =/

Oh Gamespot, why don't you just stop doing reviews seeing as you're always as generous with the scores as the company was generous with its bribe.

Yes an 8.5 is a very solid score for a remake but when pretty much everyone is gushing over this and putting it in the high 90s and saying this is the definitive version of the game I have to be suspicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_ln0i2nP9Ng1qcz7qh.jpg

tumblr_ln0i2tG4fW1qcz7qh.jpg

THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT!?

Two versions of the game released at different times, on different consoles, under different conditions, for different prices where they will be held to different standards and reviewed by different people. That's what that "bullshit" is.

I really don't see a problem here. Yes, IGN can be dumb, but there's nothing wrong with one score being higher than the other. Do you expect them to look up the scores to previous editions of the game to make sure that their new ones are in-line with the old ones?

• Thumbs Up 1

Your next story location is always highlighted on the map, and the hole leading to Lake Hylia is clearly visible during the diving game.

I did not know this. :0

(It's a fantastic game, but I think just about every console Zelda that came afterwards surpassed it)

Not in terms of content tough until Twilight Princess came along. But then again Zelda Fans don't care about the amount of Dungeons or their Design and how good the Puzzles are. But about the World,Sidequests,Plot and which game has the right Atmosphere...and Zelda isn't all that special in that regard tbh, more so Sidequests and Plot.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Didn't get the soundtrack offer when I registered, like many people in North America. Had to contact Nintendo via phone to see what the fuck happened and they apparently put the information through to the admins after I gave them my email, name and address. Hopefully this all goes well because there are only 50,000 copies of the soundtrack in NA.

At least the music was nice when they put me on hold. I had to resist the urge to DO THE MARIO.

If anyone needs it, NOA's number is 1-800-255-3700.

Edited by The Soldier

I must admit, I'm a little disappointed at how user-unfriendly the game remains to all but those who know the game inside out already.

I mean, admittedly, I've only ever played all the way through OoT once before, more than a decade ago, and that was with the help of a guidebook. I've made several attempts to play through it since, and usually got distracted/ stuck/ given up around the Forest Temple.

I know they have the Sheikah Stone system now, but I personally find it very poorly-implemented. There are only a couple in the entire game, meaning if you get stuck on a puzzle in a dungeon, you need to leave, go to the stone, watch the video, then go back. At the very least, they could have put one at the start of every dungeon.

I think a much better way to implement the hint video system would have been via expanding Navi a bit. Make it so you can quickly and easily speak to her whenever you want, and have her give more relevant, helpful advice. They could have had the hint videos accessible via Navi, which would make them much, much more useful and easy to access.

I guess it just annoys me a bit at how not a whole lot has been done to soften the sometimes brutal difficulty of some puzzles, and the lack of direction the game can leave you with certain things between dungeons. Even as a remake, it still feels like the only way to play through the game without frustration is to already know the game inside out. Yes, I've not really played OoT much, but I've got plenty of Zelda experience this last decade. You think that would stand for something, but even I'm finding myself getting painfully stuck and confused at times. I don't want the game to hold my hand, but OoT goes a little too far the other way. Yes, there are the hint movies, but I think they're a little too impractically inaccessible.

Alright, since I was able to sell my GC copy for a good enough price that I could essentially trade it for the new version, I picked it up. I am really impressed by how good it looks. All those screenshots and trailers do NOT do this game justice. (No, not even the 3D one you can download on eShop) Castle Town looks awesome and more colorful, not to mention the better textures.

And you know how whenever you looked at Death Mountain from Hyrule field it looked like it was way off in the distance? Not anymore. Now it looms over the field and looks more forboding, and you can clearly see a path winding up it. It's a perfect showcase of how improved the graphics are.

I also noticed a couple of cute little things. Remember that R2D2 cameo in the bombchu bowling alley? It's either been drastcally repainted or taken out alltogether, but there's a mask in the Happy Mask shop that looks suspiciously like C3P0. Is that just me? And in Zelda's courtyard, look througn the window where you saw the Mario pictures. I won't say what it's been replaced with, but I chuckled at it.

Some games are supposed to be hard.

If OoT wasn't hard you'd breeze through it in about eight hours.

Registered game, got no CD prompt. Called customer support, not available right now. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the actual game.

I didn't even know about the CD offer, but I got the prompt and managed to register for a copy. Hope it arrives soon.

It's funny how the Club Nintendo e-mail says 'allow 8 weeks', yet when I ordered my free Layton box from them, it showed up within a couple of days.

Registered game, got no CD prompt. Called customer support, not available right now. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the actual game.

Remember that R2D2 cameo in the bombchu bowling alley? It's either been drastcally repainted or taken out alltogether, but there's a mask in the Happy Mask shop that looks suspiciously like C3P0.

R2D2 cameo? Whut?

As for the masks, I think it's just a coincidence, since the masks on display in the shop are in fact:

(Minor new decoration spoilers)

The ones from his backpack in Majora's Mask! 8D

Edited by Speederino

I see, the quality is still clear enough to see - honestly I think it's a coincidence though. I don't think I would have made the connection without you saying.