Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

There's some crosstalk here and there when things are dark, but that's kind of what you have to expect with 3D imaging (other people call this "ghosting"). The 3D is freakin' amazing, though. Hyrule field looks so damn big, and I KNOW it's not.

/ranting about how this game's 3D is great.

Now about the CD offer. They're still offering it in NA, on a first come-first served basis. Anyone who registered by 12:01 AM on the 21st is guaranteed to get it. It should be noted that they no longer have the claims pop-up when you finish the survey. Instead they auto-confirm after it's completed.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Right, just about to go into Ganon's Castle, now. Hoping to finish it in my next sitting.

I think it's a bit ironic that I actually found the Shadow Temple and Spirit Temple, the final two dungeons in the game, the easiest Adult-Link dungeons by far. Maybe I can't judge completely seeing as I didn't start using hint videos until the Water Temple (and therefore would probably have found the Forest and Fire ones harder), but for the last two I barely had to use any at all (basically one each).

EDIT: Also I really hope my OoT3D soundtrack arrives today. Tomorrow, Sonic 20th hype will kick in and I won't care about anything else for at least a week. D:

Edited by -Mark-

There's some crosstalk here and there when things are dark, but that's kind of what you have to expect with 3D imaging (other people call this "ghosting"). The 3D is freakin' amazing, though. Hyrule field looks so damn big, and I KNOW it's not.

/ranting about how this game's 3D is great.

Now about the CD offer. They're still offering it in NA, on a first come-first served basis. Anyone who registered by 12:01 AM on the 21st is guaranteed to get it. It should be noted that they no longer have the claims pop-up when you finish the survey. Instead they auto-confirm after it's completed.

Got this game on the 16th. Thank god. It saved me from utter boredom while I was in the hospital.

I've played the original so many times, but this game was still so fun. The tweaks were nice. The graphics look great and really surprised me. When I saw screens I was disappointed, but when playing it, I was just amazed at them. The textures seem better than TP's. The NPCs surprisingly resembled the ones from TP.

Although, the items not having predetermined spots in the inventory is kind of annoying.

Oh and I hate the poster instead of a manual xO

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Right, finished the game earlier. Started Master Quest.

Master Quest is harder.

Master Quest has no Hint Movies.

;____;

Right, finished the game earlier. Started Master Quest.

Master Quest is harder.

Master Quest has no Hint Movies.

;____;

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised how well the gyroscope aiming works. I expected it to be a gimmick that I'd mess around with then turn off, but it's my preferred aiming method. I also really like looking around with it while L-Targeting.

Also, just started Master Quest. The double damage really makes a difference, died in the first room of the Deku Tree from touching a Gold Skultula and then taking fall damage. Good thing thing for later that bottles are so easy to get in this game.

...It's MASTER QUEST.

It's literally in the name, what did you expect?

also serously people keep talking about hint movies, i don't even.

Also why would you really need them? OoT dungeons are actually fairly linear (excluding the forest and fire temples). Go though unlocked doors until you find a key, then go back to main room, unlock a door, rinse repeat.

There are big stone statues with holes in the bottom that appear to be dancing. You can crawl inside and it'll show you hints on what to do next.

For all of you lucky UK people, the OoT 3D OST offer is still going until the end of the month.

For you in the US............NoA gives you one big "fuck you" and has ended the offer only 2 days after release.

This is unforgivable. Why can't the US get an extension just as long!?

Okay, after hearing the orchestrated music in the credits (Or the credits AFTER the credits, to be more precise) I am STOKED for that CD. I mean holy crap, hearing the main Zelda theme like that was epic. EPIC I SAY! I don't know how much orchestrated music will be on that thing, but I remember hearing there's at least a medley of a bunch of different songs. It wouldn't surprise me if that's what I just heard.

Edited by Speederino

I've gotten up to the Forest Temple now, and have watched my boyfriend play bits and pieces from after that. I'm still failing to enjoy the game (and have developed an absolute loathing for Hyrule Field). Should I just stop playing now?

I've gotten up to the Forest Temple now, and have watched my boyfriend play bits and pieces from after that. I'm still failing to enjoy the game (and have developed an absolute loathing for Hyrule Field). Should I just stop playing now?

Honestly, if you've gotten to the Forest Temple and you still don't like it, then there isn't much point in playing it anymore. The gameplay never really changes.

Anyways, have I mentioned I really like the gyroscope sensoring in this game? It didn't really occur to me how much I loved it until I started playing MM on Virtual Console and caught myself tilting the controller to aim my bow. It just felt so natural and quick that the normal controls feel slow and clunky by comparison. That, and the Y-axix is inverted and you can't change it like in OoT 3D. I freaking hate it when games invert the Y-axis unless it's something like Starfox or Rogue Squadron.

Edited by Speederino

Not a fan of the gyroscope, but maybe that's cause I like playing while lying on my back with the 3D on quite high. There's no reason for the analogue stick aiming to be so slow though.

So has anyone figured where that room is that looks like the forest temple with young Link at 40 seconds yet? Or is it some beta area or something =/ ?

(Answering my own question)

Yeah that clip at 40 is from the Master Quest and from the Forest Temple, although I don't know why they're showing the little guy in there, being that you can't access it anyway =/

Agh, these Skulltulas. Whose bright idea was it to make almost all of the MQ dungeon gold tokens require backtracking.

@Marcello

I missed it too, mostly being able to use one to change night and day, when they included a subquest involving enemies that only appeared at night.

Edited by Ekaje

Question for those who have finished.

Does Master Quest take up one of the 3 default save slots or does it have a slot of its own? Or does it replace my other file?

Question for those who have finished.

Does Master Quest take up one of the 3 default save slots or does it have a slot of its own? Or does it replace my other file?

I don't think the spoiler tag was really necessary, the game was heavily advertised as having Master Quest. Anyways, it has three separate save slots of its own, so you don't need to worry about that.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

That sort of depends.

If you like the gameplay itself (as in, you like the dungeons) then no. Hyrule Field gets a lot better once you get Epona (she's optional however, so you have to do the sidequest), and eventually you get songs that teleport you pretty much everywhere, which after the Forest Temple, I'm pretty sure you can just run around and find them. (inside death mountain, inside the temple of time,

But OoT is very much a game for people who like puzzles, it's about as actiony as you want it to be. Most times the only required fights are when you're trapped in a room, and bosses, who are a puzzle in themselves. If you don't like that much, then yeah you may want to go ahead and stop, because it doesn't change that all too much.

Edited by Galaxy Man

I don't think the spoiler tag was really necessary, the game was heavily advertised as having Master Quest. Anyways, it has three separate save slots of its own, so you don't need to worry about that.

I know, but still.

Thank you by the way. c:

I'm gonna continue playing tonight. I took a break from it for a little while, and I'm at the Fire Temple. Gonna probably play through up until I unlock all parts of the world, and then I'll start faffing about in Sidequests.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/4/0

Iwata asks is up, with Miyamoto,it's quite interresting.

With Twin Peaks being my favorite television series, I am really surprised how much the Zelda storylines seem to be inspired by it. Takashi said how Twin Peaks was an inspiration for Spirit Tracks and Link's Awakening, and Miyamoto said Twin Peaks was inspiration for Ocarina of Time's story as well. I find that interesting, but when I think about it, I can see the relevance.

Edited by Dusk Golem

That sort of depends.

If you like the gameplay itself (as in, you like the dungeons) then no. Hyrule Field gets a lot better once you get Epona (she's optional however, so you have to do the sidequest), and eventually you get songs that teleport you pretty much everywhere, which after the Forest Temple, I'm pretty sure you can just run around and find them. (inside death mountain, inside the temple of time,

But OoT is very much a game for people who like puzzles, it's about as actiony as you want it to be. Most times the only required fights are when you're trapped in a room, and bosses, who are a puzzle in themselves. If you don't like that much, then yeah you may want to go ahead and stop, because it doesn't change that all too much.

My friend said that about Epona making Hyrule Field better. But you still have to play a decent chunk of the game without her, not to mention whenever you go back to Young Link you're horseless. I love puzzles, but it's just a very boring game for me. I thought it may have been the clunkiness of the N64 version that stopped me playing it originally, but apparently not. I can't even appreciate going round and talking to all the NPCs like I do in most games. Ah well... I've given the game a real shot now and can honestly say it just isn't for me despite it having everything I love.

Edited by Blue Blood

My friend said that about Epona making Hyrule Field better. But you still have to play a decent chunk of the game without her, not to mention whenever you go back to Young Link you're horseless. I love puzzles, but it's just a very boring game for me. I thought it may have been the clunkiness of the N64 version that stopped me playing it originally, but apparently not. I can't even appreciate going round and talking to all the NPCs like I do in most games. Ah well... I've given the game a real shot now and can honestly say it just isn't for me despite it having everything I love.

The thing is, Young Link after the Forest Temple boils down to Kakiriko Village and just playing a song. He's not exactly hindered.

And honestly, after meeting with Zelda you can pretty much get the sidequest done as Young Link, and then before anything else in the game as Adult Link you can get Epona.

But yeah, if you don't like it you don't like it. At least you tried it.

I don't know if I'm happy or not that they left this in:

I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE THE KING JUST MOVE YOUR FAT ASS QUICKER

• Thumbs Up 1