Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I could never be bothered to collect the Skulltulas. If they improved the reward I might do it. Of course then there would be tons of backlash from the OOT BEST GAME EVAR circlejerk crew.

Oddly enough, I was planning to replay OoT and MM back to back sometime soon.

I'm actually hoping they change quite a bit. Mario 64 DS did. I'd love the dungeons to be remixed. The best part of a Zelda game is solving the puzzles and I've done OOT so many times I can do the dungeons in my sleep.

I'm actually hoping they change quite a bit. Mario 64 DS did. I'd love the dungeons to be remixed. The best part of a Zelda game is solving the puzzles and I've done OOT so many times I can do the dungeons in my sleep.

Considering the 3DS cart size compared with the N64 (Read: Massive) I'm sure they could fit classic and remixed modes on the cart.

Personally I loved SM64DS, but I was very disappointed with the easymode changes made to completely get rid of any of the challenging Stars in favour of some that just didn't have the same kind of love into them.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump the topic for this, but I can't get this off my mind >_<

On Gamefaqs there is a topic asking if people thought Link would look as good in Melee in this. Than everyone but me was saying that this model looks much more detailed than Melee's. But I just don't see that. I can't be the only one who thinks Melee's Link was more detailed, can I?! :huh:

Here are pictures to compare:

super-smash-bros-melee-20050726024150764.jpg997842_20100617_screen001.jpg

I mean the fingers are glued together and the tunic looks less detailed...right? :unsure:

And the topic I mean: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997842-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/55756097

Well we don't know how it will look when the screen is in front of us, handheld screens are always hard to judge.

However I think OoT3D Link looks better, his face looks smoother and his hair have much better texturing.

Melle Link does look better in other ways though.

Who knows what OoD3D will look like when it's done.

Oh, yeah I forgot to say that about the face. But the hair looks better on Melee's model to me. OOT3Ds looks more detailed, but, maybe its because of him running in the Melee pic and being still in the OOT3DS one, I think his hair looks less helmetish in Melee. Sorry about the wording there xP I couldn't think of a way to word it right.. Hope you understand what I mean, though..

Edited by MarcelloF

I think they're about the same, but the 3DS one has better lighting which helps the model look better.

Also he looks like a girl in OoT3DS. Which is fine with me :3

EDIT: Cool my 777th post. Lucky me!

Edited by Good News Everynoir!

Why does everybody hate the water temple? I love the water temple. It's the perfect challenge, and it's a challenge for your brain, not your thumbs.

Why does everybody hate the water temple? I love the water temple. It's the perfect challenge, and it's a challenge for your brain, not your thumbs.

Switching the Iron Boots on and off was annoyingly time-consuming, especially if you put them on only to realize you did the wrong thing and have to take them off again. That's my only gripe.

I don't hate the regular Water Temple much now.

I hate the Master Quest Water Temple. Normal Water Temple is just a bit challenging as far as Zelda dungeons go :P

The Water Temple isn't necessarily difficult, it just really makes you think. It's the only temple I can't run through purely by memory alone these days, it kinda sucks. xD

Sorry to bump the topic for this, but I can't get this off my mind >_<

On Gamefaqs there is a topic asking if people thought Link would look as good in Melee in this. Than everyone but me was saying that this model looks much more detailed than Melee's. But I just don't see that. I can't be the only one who thinks Melee's Link was more detailed, can I?! :huh:

Here are pictures to compare:

super-smash-bros-melee-20050726024150764.jpg997842_20100617_screen001.jpg

I mean the fingers are glued together and the tunic looks less detailed...right? :unsure:

It'll be in 3D-vision on the 3DS which will make any deficiencies in early games acceptable.

I especially hate OoT. It's just no fun at all.

I hated this game too... but I never played it when it came out and when I tried playing it on the Gamecube all I could say was, "THIS is one of the best games ever made? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!" But my friend claims it's because I played Twilight Princess first.

Bull. If the game is THAT great (remember, it was Game of the Year!) it should be able to be amazing no matter what new Zelda comes out afterward.

The camera was flawed, the levels were utterly boring (minus the Forest Temple which was very... interesting. Even though I still didn't like it), it was pretty frustrating (but then again, it's expected... it's comes with the game series), the text moves too damn slow, and the plot was weak. Seriously, WEEEEAAAAK.

I tried my hardest to enjoy it, I REALLY REALLY did, but once I made it to the Water Temple I just decided to quit. Not because the level was kicking my ass, but because I was so damned bored. Plus taking the Iron Boots on and off is enough to drive someone up a wall.

But I can say that the game had GREAT music and the music really creates the dark atmosphere that goes with the dungeons.

For the benefit of the doubt I'll say that maybe the game was just ported badly on the GC (even though I doubt I'd give it another chance if you threw a Nintendo 64 in my face), but this I'll pass on this. I mean, this game made me appreciate Windwaker...

...and Windwaker sucked, big time.

For the benefit of the doubt I'll say that maybe the game was just ported badly on the GC (even though I doubt I'd give it another chance if you threw a Nintendo 64 in my face), but this I'll pass on this. I mean, this game made me appreciate Windwaker...

It was ported HORRIBLY. It's actually a lot better on the 64. I never had a problem with anything on there except for the Iron Boots, but they're fixing that now, so hey.

It was ported HORRIBLY. It's actually a lot better on the 64. I never had a problem with anything on there except for the Iron Boots, but they're fixing that now, so hey.

Seriously? That means something to me! I'll really have to take this into consideration.

The camera was flawed, the levels were utterly boring (minus the Forest Temple which was very... interesting. Even though I still didn't like it), it was pretty frustrating (but then again, it's expected... it's comes with the game series), the text moves too damn slow, and the plot was weak. Seriously, WEEEEAAAAK.

No matter how amazing a game is, it will never age perfectly. Of course by today's standards it's lacking, but for its time it was unbelievably groundbreaking. The graphics were beautiful, the world was huge, not to mention it invented targeting systems. If you dive into a game over 10 years old and don't keep in mind that some parts will be mediocre, you're not going to have a very good experience. If you look at it for what it was, suddenly it's a lot better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seriously? That means something to me! I'll really have to take this into consideration.

Honestly I am entirely sure that it both looks and plays better on the 64. The graphic update wasn't very good, and the controls did not move to the gamecube very well at all. If you play the original with the cart and controler and a better understanding that this game is super old, it's pretty good. The story is the biggest part though.

Even though, if you hate Wind Waker, you should never play Zelda games. Ever. Just stop doing it because you hate near-perfection of the formula.

Huh? There's barely any difference in the port.

The only bad graphical things is that a few special effects look slightly lamer on GCN (for example the shadow that comes out the well is brown instead of fuzzy TV static purple). The resolution is higher so the graphics are crisper too.

Also the controls are... fine. Exactly the same as Wind Waker. The only jarring thing is Up on the C-stick is the only way to talk to Navi, which is a bit weird considering it was a button originally, but yeah. All other C buttons can be down with X Y and Z, like Wind Waker.

The only slightly weird thing is that Wind Waker had a full controllable camera with the C-stick, which is weird to be cut off from when using the same controller to play OoT.

But yeah, other than that the port was absoloutely fine. In short:

Pros:

Memory Card support meaning as many files as you like.

Higher resolution for crisper graphics.

Cons:

Some special effects and originally foggy rooms look different (but a new player wouldn't know).

A short pause for saving rather than the instant saving of the original.

Camera can be confusing for those who are used to playing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess with the same controller.

Very, very rare crashes (more a problem on Majora's Mask's port).

Hardly enough to call it a terrible port, in my opinion. It's damn close enough to the original to use it to form an opinion.

No matter how amazing a game is, it will never age perfectly. Of course by today's standards it's lacking, but for its time it was unbelievably groundbreaking. The graphics were beautiful, the world was huge, not to mention it invented targeting systems. If you dive into a game over 10 years old and don't keep in mind that some parts will be mediocre, you're not going to have a very good experience. If you look at it for what it was, suddenly it's a lot better.

Really wish alot of gamers had a mindset like this.

Even though, if you hate Wind Waker, you should never play Zelda games. Ever. Just stop doing it because you hate near-perfection of the formula.

I hated Windwaker because I couldn't stand being in a boat. I found that to just be so tedious. I spent more time on the seas and less time in a dungeon and that I didn't appreciate. My conception of Zelda is roaming around in a field.

Not sailing on a boat.

Not going from island to island.

Not and talking to a fish to tell me where I am. It just didn't cut it for me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Dammit Nintendo, I'm already going to buy a 3DS, stop making me want it more. :(

Why do they keep updating the same system. If you already have a DS lite/DSi, what's the point of paying over $130 for the same thing. That's a bullshitty gimmick, im sorry.

Why do they keep updating the same system. If you already have a DS lite/DSi, what's the point of paying over $130 for the same thing. That's a bullshitty gimmick, im sorry.

If you're talking about the 3DS, it's not just an update like the DSL/DSi/DSiXL, it's a completely new handheld.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hated Windwaker because I couldn't stand being in a boat. I found that to just be so tedious. I spent more time on the seas and less time in a dungeon and that I didn't appreciate. My conception of Zelda is roaming around in a field.

Not sailing on a boat.

Not going from island to island.

Not and talking to a fish to tell me where I am. It just didn't cut it for me.

What? I loved that about WW. Going from island to island made me really feel like a traveling hero. More than any other Zelda has. It was so exciting to find a new island and add it to your map!

Edited by MarcelloF

What? I loved that about WW. Going from island to island made me really feel like a traveling hero. More than any other Zelda has. It was so exciting to find a new island and add it to your map!

I agree actually - though I completely understand the hatred for it, I personally found it really epic and fun to sail. There are minigames (grabbing rupees off barrels etc) and outposts to explore along the way, and I love using the extremely flexible camera to slowly do swooping cinematic shots of Link as he sails around. Coz I'm lame like that.

Admittidly a good deal of islands didn't have much of interest, but they were still pretty good. In fact I enjoy the triforce finding section near the end of the game because you are forced to explore the world a lot more, and there's enough puzzles to get each triforce to call it a medley of super-mini dungeons.