Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I thought those giant Link statues on the save file screen are pretty big acknowledgements of completion. In fact they kind of bug me, I liked the minimalistic top screen before. 8C

If you want to play an epilogue, go play Zelda: Majora's Mask. That is the epilogue.

It's funny you say that a lack of playable epilogue annoys you in story-driven games, because to me, having a non-canon extension and confusing the fans over whether it's canon or not, would mess up the story considerably. I mean gosh there's already a split timeline that comes out of OoT, we don't need a third split that continues from "Link proceeded to arse around for several weeks before leaving Hyrule".

Wait, the Link statues only appear after you finish the game? D: I had no idea/ never noticed, and just assumed they were there from the start.

Yeah. Well they aren't a sign of beating each individual mode. They both appear after you unlock MQ.

I didn't notice when I first played Master Quest when it came with my copy of Wind Waker all those years ago that the MQ world is mirrored. Kinda like the Mario Kart tracks you can unlock after completing 150cc mode. It took me a while to get used to using the bow/slingshot again.

I remember that I couldn't get past Dodongo's Cavern on the original and eventually forgot all about it. So now after so many years, I've finally completed Dodongo's Cavern on Master Quest and am now stuck in the Well. (literally.) XD

I'm glad they added Master Quest, since I was kinda annoyed about how quickly I completed normal mode. (Mostly becouse I remembered were everything was.) The Boss trails are a nice addition too, it's a shame Ganondorf wasn't apart of it. I can't wait to try the trails on MQ mode. I barely beat Morpha recently, (reminds me of Chaos! :D ) if it's squeeze/throw attack was fatal I would probably still be fighting it.

I didn't notice when I first played Master Quest when it came with my copy of Wind Waker all those years ago that the MQ world is mirrored. Kinda like the Mario Kart tracks you can unlock after completing 150cc mode. It took me a while to get used to using the bow/slingshot again.

The mirroredness and the double damage are new to this version of Master Quest, to give it a slightly fresher feeling - particularly outside of the dungeons where there are no changes. They weren't there in the GameCube version of OoT.

Edited by JezMM

Oh come on you have got to...I just got the soundtrack CD, and I popped it in my computer to get it into iTunes. It works, but ALL OF THE SONG NAMES ARE IN JAPANESE!!! I mean come on, that's just lazy. At least the CD case has them in English, but this means I have to go through the entire list and rename every track before I put it on my Ipod.

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I picked the wrong import setting on Itunes. It said multiple matches were found for the CD and came up with three different choices, two of which were exactly the same while the other was in Japanese. Or at least I guess so, because I put it in my PS3 and that shows the tracks in English.

Edited by Speederino

It's iTunes and Windows Media Player being stupid. Other media players recognize its English details.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up the latest issue of ONM. Here are scans of their '24 things you didn't know about Ocarina of Time' feature:

mttbnd.jpg

2ms328n.jpg

33boi9h.jpg

9ivecj.jpg

28r2yxd.jpg

2hg7b5e.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scans, it's Official Nintendo Magazine Issue 72 September 2011.