Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I thought Mario Kart Wii's polygon edges were a design decision.

No idea to be honest. They were only slightly modified versions of the Double Dash models really. They added some fancy bloom effects to give the game a general new look.

I'm just being an insufferable nostalgiafag but it really looks weird in the 3DS version. Not because there's anything wrong, but it's just not what I'm used to :P

I think it looks fabulous. This, Paper Mario 3DS, and Kid Icarus, and others are really making me want the 3DS right now. I might just have to save up some money so I can buy this day 1.

And by the way, am I the only one who is unable to see 3D? To me, it just makes the picture look weird/blurry. (And all red and blue if the glasses are involved.)

That is more than likely an eyesight problem. I know I can't see it with my normal glasses off, so I have to wear both pairs. I look like a total asshole but it works.

Also they're remaking the whole game's graphics from the ground up. I think that's enough extra stuff anyways.

EDIT: Wait hold on, you do know that movie 3D still uses glasses, right? You sound like you haven't used them since the Spy Kids 3D days. It looks fuzzy without the glasses.

So either you have bad eyesight or I will never be able to talk to you without yelling.

Edited by Galaxy Man

Even though I know they likely won't, I think it'd be cool if they added some even minor extras that don't interrupt the main flow of the game but is something new to try out in this remake. I think no one would objectify to something like a new super hidden boss or even a dungeon, for example. Or new side quest. However, while I enjoyed the Mario 64 remake I do agree part of the remake was unneeded and interrupted with game flow-New characters is a nice thing in the game but then that made it where you needed to be certain characters in certain missions and that could get tedious along with random minigames as the add-on instead of something to the game itself (minigames like this I always view as attachments more than expansions).

Even if it's 100% the same game with updated graphics I'd be happy, but if they went a little over and beyond I don't think anyone would be complaining.

And by the way, am I the only one who is unable to see 3D? To me, it just makes the picture look weird/blurry. (And all red and blue if the glasses are involved.)

You can't see the 3D properly unless you're holding the machine in your hands and have the 3D slider set at the max. You'll never be able to appreciate the 3D aspect in a gif or YouTube video. I'd ask if you've held the machine and played it yet, but you asked if glasses are involved; it doesn't use 3D Glasses. Its 3D screen was designed to negate the requirement for awkward glasses wearing.

What you see in screenshots and videos might look iffy, okay, nice or great, but it's not a patch on what you'll be seeing come the day you get it.

Also, the game will have new content. I can't remember where (I swear it was in a link provided in this topic somewhere), but the director said they're remaking bits of the game that recieved criticism previously (like the Water Temple, lol).

Also, the game will have new content. I can't remember where (I swear it was in a link provided in this topic somewhere), but the director said they're remaking bits of the game that recieved criticism previously (like the Water Temple, lol).

The only thing I remember them talking about changing about the temple was the way the Iron Boots worked. In the original, you had to go to a pause menu to flip them on and off, which got annoying because you were doing it so often.

Besides that, I thought the Water Temple was awesome.

I really like how the graphics are improved but the spirit and feel of the original graphics seem to be absolutely spot on in there, it should recreate the original's atmosphere nicely with a modern look, rather than unintentionally creating a new atmosphere altogether the way a lot of remakes do.

Hmm, while I have also heard that the iron boots flipping is being fixed, I'm SURE the quote in question had him say something that really implied "we are kind of literally "remaking" bits here and there, so even those who played it before will have a new experience".

Maybe they're adding a few puzzles that take advantage of 3D, or reworking previously unintuitive ones (not that I can think of many examples of such things in OoT - they really nailed the dungeon design IMO).

Edited by JezMM

Yeah there will no doubt be some new stuff, but what I mean is if you look at, say, Mario 64 DS, the models and textures are upgraded, but a lot of the game ends up with a different feel because of it - the colours are different etc., if you look at Bob-Omb's Battlefield, the very beginning level, for example, the grass is more brownish, the rocky textures are more mustard-coloured and everything's generally less bright and vivid, and it does give it quite a different feel. That's fine, it's not a huge problem, but I like how all these screens seem to give the game a technical visual update but stay more true to the original than a lot of visually reworked games. Kinda looks the way OOT looked in our imaginations when we filled in the gaps etc.

• 3 weeks later...

While the 3DS is awesome in it's own way it's going to be really hard to sell the 3D effect through usual advertising as it can't be captured on video or images. I mean they could come up with stuff popping out of the screen and that's likely what they'll do, but even with the 3D impressing everyone who has seen it selling it to those who don't follow these things will be harder to convince without seeing it in action.

Of course they could have a demo in game stores to blow casuals minds and then they make a purchase with interest.

Anyways, game is looking great. I want to see the boulder chase me in 3D from around a corner, when I was younger that boulder scared me. XD

Picked up the new ONM today. Here are scans from their Zelda special:

be6d6u.jpg

otomya.jpg

2lk8rr9.jpg

ivfspl.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't read the whole article but did read the aside bits there.

Guh, I wish people would stfu about how annoying Navi was. D8 She didn't even say "Hey Listen!" constantly like all the parodies make out. If you ignored her you got a single "Hey!" and an inability to go into first person for a while. Not that big a deal. And she forces you to listen what, like, 6 times in the game total?

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I find Navi hatred was "The Cake Is a Lie!" before "The Cake Is A Lie!" was.

Their bit on inventory made no sense as well. The inventory clearly still only lets you choose from three items so... it's "better" than the original how exactly? (which was no problem anyway apart from the slow movement of the pause screen - you never needed more than 3 items at a time in combination).

Random things to pick on, sorry. Not a huge fan of ONM anyway.

I have absolutely NO idea why this just dawned on me know, but holy tits, this means remastered music of this entire game, 8DDD. I've been so wrapped up in just the graphics and shizz that I totally spaced on the music, <3.

-Blur

Guh, I wish people would stfu about how annoying Navi was. D8 She didn't even say "Hey Listen!" constantly like all the parodies make out. If you ignored her you got a single "Hey!" and an inability to go into first person for a while. Not that big a deal. And she forces you to listen what, like, 6 times in the game total?

Navi's annoyingness is downright awesome. I love it. No lie, I really do.

*Ebby throwing in her 2 cents randomly* XD