Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

One thing I'm noticing is that this new version of the game appears to show Link as looking much more like the version shown in the GameCube pre-release trailer and in Super Smash Bros. Melee than he ever did in the original versions. Which is awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh hey, good news.

By the way:

Wait...we get it earlier?

What they seem to be doing these days is syncing the release dates in the West so they ship around the same time in each region.

The US street date is Sunday for major titles and Tuesday for everything else. The UK street date is Friday, period. Australia's is Thursday.

So we're starting to consistently get games earlier.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

There seems to be a preference in general for Europe these days. 3DS, Duke Nukem Forever, Zelda OoT3D etc.

I know, and it's pissing me off :lol:

Nintendo is putting a hell of a lot of faith into this company. I can't understand why they either wouldn't do it in-house or get a higher profile company to handle it, it's a BIG responsibility we're talking about here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nintendo is putting a hell of a lot of faith into this company. I can't understand why they either wouldn't do it in-house or get a higher profile company to handle it, it's a BIG responsibility we're talking about here.

Yeah, I agree. It's a lot to ask of a company that has one game to their name, and a WiiWare one at that. I understand that game was originally going to be a retail title, so they're equipped for it, but that doesn't change the fact that they've not got much experience.

I don't see how Grezzo can screw it up. All they had to do was update the graphics, the game was already there. Also, Europe has been getting important Nintendo titles early for a while now. DKCR and Epic Yarn were oddities. Hell, Europe got the 3DS 2 days before the United States.

Edit: Wait. Why the hell are you guys concerned? Grezzo is the latest in former Square-Enix members gone Nintendo like AlphaDream and Brownie Brown.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Oh, I'm not concerned (though i didn't know they were made up of former Square Enix guys), as I'm sure Nintendo would have been keeping an insanely close eye on them while they're developing. I just found it a little strange that it's not Nintendo themselves making it.

I don't see how Grezzo can screw it up. All they had to do was update the graphics, the game was already there. Also, Europe has been getting important Nintendo titles early for a while now. DKCR and Epic Yarn were oddities. Hell, Europe got the 3DS 2 days before the United States.

Edit: Wait. Why the hell are you guys concerned? Grezzo is the latest in former Square-Enix members gone Nintendo like AlphaDream and Brownie Brown.

I'm not concerned either. I was just quite shocked that Nintendo weren't behind it. Didn't know Square-Enix guys made up Grezzo, but I'm glad to hear it.

I have a pretty good idea of why Nintendo handed it off, considering it's a remake. Remember their other titles? Kid Icarus Uprising, Paper Mario, Super Mario, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and the Zelda team is currently working on Skyward Sword for the Wii. They placed this in the hands of Grezzo while their best second parties and EAD were busy working on original titles.

Edit: Velotix, Sunday is NOT the ship date for Nintendo games in the U.S. It's the previous Monday. Sunday is the Street Date, so Nintendo games sit in the back room for almost an entire week.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I'll update that then. That's a bit odd. I believe the UK ship date is Tuesday now that I think about it.

U.S. box art

zelda-ocarina.png

I like it! I'm glad they went with something new instead of just releasing the N64 one with "3D" slapped on it.

Edited by speedfreak

I don't like it honestly. The boxart looks too uninspired and vapid, almost as if it's literally just a straight port.

I don't like it honestly. The boxart looks too uninspired and vapid, almost as if it's literally just a straight port.

You stole my words!

Agreed though, seriously. It's very boring. It could have easily been gold and pretty without being plain.