Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

I really wish they'd start putting that cool bump texture on the words of the box art again. Last time I saw that was the N64 era. Instead of that stupid flash-esque look.

I like it. 8( That fake one looks too loud and messy.

Though I do recall liking that fake one with the blue background from the 3DS + Ocarina Of Time Bundle.

I like it. 8( That fake one looks too loud and messy.

Though I do recall liking that fake one with the blue background from the 3DS + Ocarina Of Time Bundle.

konzept3dszeldabundleby.jpg

This one I assume.

If only. At least it actually had effort.

maukgw.png

Honestly I'm just disappointed. It's like they have all this amazing artwork made and they just resort to throwing together a bunch of shit from stock imagery that's been prevalent since the nineties. Hell even on the website it has a nifty 3D effect which would probably be awesome for a limited edition 3D sleeve much alike the Super Street Fighter IV one.

Edited by Carbo

konzept3dszeldabundleby.jpg

This one I assume.

If only. At least it actually had effort.

*website pic*

Honestly I'm just disappointed. It's like they have all this amazing artwork made and they just resort to throwing together a bunch of shit from stock imagery that's been prevalent since the nineties. Hell even on the website it has a nifty 3D effect which would probably be awesome for a limited edition 3D sleeve much alike the Super Street Fighter IV one.

I remember that fake bundle now. I love that box art on the game case, and was expecting something on par from Nintendo.

Y'know, I'd actually be half-tempted to replace the official box-art with the one from the 3DS bundle. It's that damn good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are they calling Saria Sarisa? :lol:

Edit: I was just on Zelda Wiki and found this pic:

005.jpg

So I guess one new feature is young Link fishing?

And look at his huge hands:

003.jpg

xD

Edited by MarcelloF

Uh. Young Link could always fish, what are you talking about? It's how you got a Heart Piece. Catch a 10 pound fish as Young Link. You could later get another by catching a larger fish as Adult Link, netting you the gold scale which could be used to reach the bottom of the seaside lab's tank.

Yes. It was actually easier to fish when you were a kid, because Lake Hylia wasn't drained. The owner of the shop even says something along the lines of "Come back when you're older, I'm sure the fish will have grown too!" after you get the Heart Piece.

Yes. It was actually easier to fish when you were a kid, because Lake Hylia wasn't drained. The owner of the shop even says something along the lines of "Come back when you're older, I'm sure the fish will have grown too!" after you get the Heart Piece.

Man I hate that fisherman. I mean I was trying to find that sinking lure so I could catch the loach! And the manga lampshades how hard to catch the fish are. As well as the "get the man's hat trick"

I actually had that boxart on my computer for a couple of days and was wondering whether or not to post it since I couldn't find the original source, and googling only dropped the shitty NA boxart.

Nintendo I love you.

33yoy8i.jpg

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

What?! That's the boxart you guys get? Is the NA boxart some sort of crappy placeholder?! Jesus!

• Thumbs Up 1

Some screenshots showing how beautiful Castle Town has become:

Ocarina-of-Time-3D-1.pngOcarina-of-Time-3D-25.jpg

Miyamoto Mentions Possible A Link to the Past 3DS Remake

In an interview with Edge Magazine yesterday, Zelda series creator and general producer Shigeru Miyamoto indicated that he has another Zelda 3DS remake up his sleeve. Or at least he intends on one.

A Link to the Past
. Do you remember
Xevious
? It’s two-layered and I really wanted to create that at the time. So to see
Link To The Past
in two layers would be quite attractive for me.”

More on this exciting possiblity after the jump!

Frankly, despite our quick research, we remain ignorant of this “two-layered” aspect Mr. Miyamoto is referring to regarding the Xevious videogame, and thus are not exactly certain how this would translate to a A Link to the Past remake, however, we may have confirmation on this potential remake from a much older piece of information.

Back in 2007 current producer of the Zelda series, Eiji Aounuma told Official Nintendo Magazine that he would be very interested in doing a remake of A Link to the Past.

“The first Zelda game that I played and felt potential in was
Link to the Past
. I’m actually very interested in what it would be like if we remade that title as a 3D game.”

So which is it? A full remake of A Link to the Past in the 3D style of Ocarina of Time, or this mysterious “two-layered” notion Shigeru Miyamoto mentions? We can only wait and see.

Let us know what you think the “two-layered” idea is and what you’d like to see in a A Link to the Past remake in the comments below!

http://www.zeldauniv...ake/#more-23871

I'd rather have what Aounuma talks about. I'd love to see how the game would work in a fully 3D environment.

and

Miyamoto on Zelda 25th Anniversary, AR titles, and Project Cafe

Posted on 4/21/2011 by Autydi

In a recent interview, Miyamoto has said that many products/merchandising are planned for the Zelda 25th Anniversary along with the following:

- Miyamoto is busy working on a new Zelda, a new Mario, Mario Kart 3DS, and a new Pikmin

- new AR titles being prepared for the 3DS

- concerning Project Cafe, Miyamoto confirms that he's working on new hardware and also said "where there's smoke there's fire, but you shouldn't believe everything you read [on the internet]"

- Miyamoto is considering letting the younger teams take on Mario and Zelda franchises in order to focus more on work for himself

http://www.linkshideaway.com/QuickNews.asp?cmd=view&articleid=452

Edited by MarcelloF

Link to the Past remake!?

NO!!!!!!!

Ocarina of Time is enough.

Make a new fucking game.

Better yet, make a new IP. Nintendo, you aren't SEGA, you have fuck loads of cash, you can afford to take risks.

Edited by Scar

Link to the Past remake!?

NO!!!!!!!

Ocarina of Time is enough.

Make a new fucking game.

Better yet, make a new IP. Nintendo, you aren't SEGA, you have fuck loads of cash, you can afford to take risks.

They don't need to, Zelda and Mario are both very old series (Like Sonic) So they can afford a bit of remaking for the new generation of gamers coming along.

I think it's quite good though, they're re-releasing older games with a bit of a face-lift on them. This gives the chance to newer gamers and those growing up into the community now, will get a chance to play updated versions of them, possibly making them bigger fans and going back to try the originals (Which they may or may not have done before)

I had a feeling that the shitty box art was just a North America thing. NoA loves their shitty box art.

This is not just a NoA thing. USA publishers in general seem to love shitty box art.

Also... Those two screens are beaut. No more pre-renders, far more vibrant visuals!

Edited by Masaru Daimon

They don't need to, Zelda and Mario are both very old series (Like Sonic) So they can afford a bit of remaking for the new generation of gamers coming along.

I think it's quite good though, they're re-releasing older games with a bit of a face-lift on them. This gives the chance to newer gamers and those growing up into the community now, will get a chance to play updated versions of them, possibly making them bigger fans and going back to try the originals (Which they may or may not have done before)

The remakes are aimed squarely at the older gamers. Newer gamers who buy these games may experience something great, but that is a side-effect. Nintendo is looking for nostlagia sales to shift 3DS units.

I would have thought that Nintendo wouldn't have to resort to remakes. They have nearly flawless first party support. They should exploit that talent and use it to create something new rather than use it to facelift the old.

Stop over reacting. We all know the 3DS will eventually get an original Zelda title. They're already working on it I'd wager. Plus you seem to forget it wasn't even Nintendo themselves that did the "remake" of OOT3D.

Also I think both boxarts are nice. The artwork is great but I think the golden cover with fancy patterns on it gives of a very regal feeling that is very befitting for Zelda.

A Link to the Past remake? Fuck that, I wanted a Majora's Mask remake.

Castle Town looks gorgeous by the way. It's really, really, colorful.

Changing LTTP from 2D to a 3D game would make it feel like a new game anyway.

And am I the only one who would love to see Majora's Mask in Wind Waker graphics?