Awoo.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

DistantJ

And am I the only one who would love to see Majora's Mask in Wind Waker graphics?

As a non-Zelda fan, I'd have to say no to that idea. MM is a dark game would in no way be able to invoke the same emotion if it was cel-shaded.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not fussed about ALTTP but I never liked it anyway. Guess I had to be there at the time. As someone who has mainly only played the 3D Zelda games, I can't say the 2D ones have aged well. It still suffered from the same "wtf do I do now" moments the NES games had, both in and out of dungeons.

I will never forgive Nintendo for making me spend about 10 sessions of the game trying to suss out a room full of seemingly unmovable blocks and the solution being to push one of them in a particular direction.

OMG. That opening is beautiful, and brings back many good memories of when I first played that game. TwT

I'm SO getting a 3DS when this comes out!

OMG. That opening is beautiful, and brings back many good memories of when I first played that game. TwT

I'm SO getting a 3DS when this comes out!

Good luck. This might get 3DS sales WAY up.

Good luck. This might get 3DS sales WAY up.

Zelda is a big franchise and all, but I really don't think the 3DS is going to start selling out everywhere simply because of OOT. Especially considering you can walk into any store and find one easily. OOT isn't that big of a killer app.

Zelda is a big franchise and all, but I really don't think the 3DS is going to start selling out everywhere simply because of OOT. Especially considering you can walk into any store and find one easily. OOT isn't that big of a killer app.

OoT will be a system seller for fans who haven't already got a 3DS. MK is what's going to start shifting units otherwise.

OoT will be a system seller for fans who haven't already got a 3DS. MK is what's going to start shifting units otherwise.

Oh, I know that OOT will sell systems. However PSI Aqua was implying that it would be hard to find a 3DS once OOT3D is released. Which I don't think to be the case considering how easy it is to get a 3DS now.

I may be the only guy in the universe that has not bee hyped by this. Seiously.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE OOT, honest. Is one of my favorite games of all time. But this just seems...lazy or "could have been muuuuch better".

-Sure I accept the enhanced graphcis and they make it look very nice (grass and water looking more like the actual thing) but seeing what else the 3DS can handle (Metal gear solid 3, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil, etc.) It still feels kinda weak as it shows the console can do much better. I mean, this is even Gamecube-quality graphics! Gamecube handled Twilight Princess! I mean, a twilight Princess-looking OOt has been something lots of fans have wishing.

-The same music, no trying to at least fix it a little. Sure OOT soundtrack is awesome, but I would have loved to see some reeditions of some songs in much better quality. Even the song effects seems to be copy-pasted from the N64 (and I'm not talking about the classic sound effects like the "puzzle clear jingle", I'm talking about even the bombs have the same boom effect)

-I find OOT pefect. but some new content would have been ncie, but all we have is a boss rush and Master Quest (which was pretty much made from the gamecube version. Weren't rumors about reinventing the water temple? what happened to that? How about adding new parts to dungeouns. I mean, I have cleared this game thousands of times and lack of new thigns will make me clear this game in a flash!

Still, I'm happy they are releasing a remake so still gonna buy it IF I have the chance to. (and a lot of people may start hating me now D: )

• Thumbs Up 2

-Sure I accept the enhanced graphcis and they make it look very nice (grass and water looking more like the actual thing) but seeing what else the 3DS can handle (Metal gear solid 3, Kid Icarus Uprising, Resident Evil, etc.) It still feels kinda weak as it shows the console can do much better. I mean, this is even Gamecube-quality graphics! Gamecube handled Twilight Princess! I mean, a twilight Princess-looking OOt has been something lots of fans have wishing.

That would require a great deal more work to implement; it'd probably require the developers to rebuild the entire game from scratch, whereas this version, while obviously graphically much nicer, looks more like a re-skinned OOT with model changes where appropriate and no more pre-rendered areas, which is obviously going to be much less work for them than a Twilight Princess-grade overhaul.

-The same music, no trying to at least fix it a little. Sure OOT soundtrack is awesome, but I would have loved to see some reeditions of some songs in much better quality. Even the song effects seems to be copy-pasted from the N64 (and I'm not talking about the classic sound effects like the "puzzle clear jingle", I'm talking about even the bombs have the same boom effect)

What's the problem here? It's not trying to be a different game, or a new game; it's the same old OOT we know and love looking smarter than before. It's kind of like the 3DS' version of Super Mario 64 DS.

-I find OOT pefect. but some new content would have been ncie, but all we have is a boss rush and Master Quest (which was pretty much made from the gamecube version. Weren't rumors about reinventing the water temple? what happened to that? How about adding new parts to dungeouns. I mean, I have cleared this game thousands of times and lack of new thigns will make me clear this game in a flash!

Master Quest in this game isn't the GCN one; the GCN version only had harder enemies in dungeons, while this one is harder all over the shop, in and out of dungeons. Also, people seem to like Boss Rushes. I don't know what's going on with the Water Temple, but again this isn't trying to be some magical re-imagination of OOT with new parts of the story and all that jazz, it's OOT itself with a new lick of paint. That's all it is. And that's great.

I'm sorry you feel shortchanged by it, but Nintendo never said they'd give us what you've clearly been wanting from them.

New software lineup features new OoT footage. Begins at 2:50.

Dat 45 fps.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 2

*drools* Oh goodness the game looks brilliant in motion! TToTT PFFFF. I can hardly wait!

Wolfos <3

Can't wait to get it. Mainly just so I can play through it again. I have it on VC and even on N64, but I've been holding off a few months now so I can play this version instead. It's gonna be hard not blasting right through it like I usually do, XD.

The updated animations are stellar. I was already getting this game, but I'm glad to see that they put a good amount of effort into updating the visuals.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109777-Grecian-Zelda-3D-Pre-Order-Bonuses-Infused-With-Tri-Force-Power

If you love the Legend of Zelda series, these Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses will make you move to Greece.

If you're unfortunate enough to live in the land of the free and the home of the brave, your copy of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will not come with any kind of sparkly, wonderful pre-order bonus (for now). However, if you buy the game and live in Greece, you can get an assortment of the greatest Zelda pre-order bonuses ever. Or at least some really good ones.

55463.jpg55465.jpg55467.jpg55461.jpg55459.jpg

Nintendo's Greek website recently unveiled a set of not one, not two, not three, not four, but five Ocarina of Time 3D pre-order bonuses for those that buy the game from www.nintendo.gr. Let's start at the top: Deku Nuts. That's right, you could get a can of Deku Nuts straight from the Deku Tree, and they even come sealed with a pop-top.

Number two: an Ocarina of Time 3D DS case. Not quite as cool as the Nuts, but still better than a handful of nothing. Numbers three and four: an Ocarina of Time 3D hat in Link-green and an Ocarina of Time 3D keychain. See number two for opinion.

The fifth is arguably the best of the bunch: a real world Ocarina of Time ocarina that pre-orderers can use to change day to night, warp around the world, or call a horse to their side. To be fair, it could just be a replica that doesn't do any of those things, or even play music at all, but a boy can dream.

The ocarina, Deku Nuts, and DS case are limited to a certain quantity, so only some of those that pre-order will get their hands on these goodies. However, anyone in Greece that complains about getting just an ocarina should be locked in the Water Temple for eternity.

Things look bleak right now, but there's always the chance that a selection of the five will make it to other regions sometime in the near future. If at least one doesn't come to North America, I swear Nintendo, I'll just... continue to buy your products and be somewhat sadder than if one did. Don't try me.

going to greece brb

Edited by Carbo

Man Deku Nuts is fun. I'm sure these tinned ones wouldn't, but I kind of imagine the "real" ones would taste kind of like a giant hazelnut with a layer of caramel inside.

Edited by JezMM

They are interesting preorder bonuses, but I wouldn't say the best Zelda ones ever. I still think that belongs to Wind Waker, which unsuspectingly gave the whole game of OoT and the Master Quest edition completely free for the Gamecube for it's preorder bonus.

Was that really a pre-order bonus though? Several retailers I went to had that combo pack during launch.

They are interesting preorder bonuses, but I wouldn't say the best Zelda ones ever. I still think that belongs to Wind Waker, which unsuspectingly gave the whole game of OoT and the Master Quest edition completely free for the Gamecube for it's preorder bonus.

It was a pre-order bonus in the U.S.? :blink: Here in Europe it was a limited edition pack-in, which was available for many months.

Ohhhhh, it wasn't a pre-order bonus in Europe, I got it. In America it was a pre-order bonus if you put money down for Wind Waker before a certain date at participating retailers. Here was the exact media press at the time:

Zelda Series Gets Legendary Pre-Sale Offer in the United States

REDMOND, Wash. - Dec. 17, 2002 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is set to launch for Nintendo GameCube on March 24, 2003. But in North America, consumers already are pushing for an early pre-sell effort so they can be guaranteed a copy of the game.

Starting Feb. 16, 2003, Nintendo fans can get a double-hit of Zelda. When a customer places a deposit for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker at a participating retailer, they'll receive a special, limited-edition playable disk featuring two games: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest -- an updated version of the game which was never released outside of Japan.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. in Japan introduced a similar pre-sell program last month. Nearly 500 consumers called Nintendo's North American consumer service line asking for the same program here.

"We were surprised consumers tracked the program in Japan and were begging us to do it here," explains Peter MacDougall, executive vice president, sales and marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "We decided it was a great idea and one we know consumers really want.

"The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game raises the bar on digital entertainment with a unique and technologically advanced graphic style and compelling story," continues MacDougall. "Making this pre-sell program available to the fans, it solidifies Nintendo's commitment to the hardcore gamer, while introducing the series to a whole new generation of gamers."

Originally released for the Nintendo 64, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was honored as the 1999 Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences "Game of the Year" and also named "Game of the Century" by Next Generation magazine. To date, worldwide sales of The Legend of Zelda series have surpassed 36 million software units. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker will retail for a suggested price of $49.95.

It was a pre-order bonus in the U.S.? :blink: Here in Europe it was a limited edition pack-in, which was available for many months.

I got mine when I first subscribed to Nintendo Power, along with wind waker. All 3 came in the mail at once, which was well worth the $70 =o (at least I think so)

Edited by Jetronic