Awoo.

Mario Kart 7

Detective Shadzter

Mario Kart is on its way to the 3DS and we've got the first screens!

It's looking superb, almost as good as the Wii version. Nintendo has said it'll have expanded local and wireless multiplayer modes and will offer a "robust selection of connectivity options".

Imagine what it'll be like to have ink splashed in front of your face this time!

We'll have more info soon, but for now what do you reckon?

ONM have got their hands on the first bit of info and first 8 screenshots of Mario Kart 3DS and so far I for one am intrigued. The one screenshot confirms Mii's in at least the background. Game looks impressive so far and already there is a variety in tracks. What do you guys think so far?

Screens here as the board won't let me post them -

http://www.officialn...le.php?id=17925

I only care about one thing on this one: Will it be perfect like Mario Kart DS, or will it be a pile of Fail like Mario Kart Wii? They could make the most eye-popping piece of amazing 3D ever with amazing course designs and dozens of characters, and if it plays anything like Wii than I will just say screw it and pop in MKDS instead. I actually think this game will provide a good litmus test for how Nintendo wants to treat the 3DS.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

1) Those are some nice graphics

2) Having ink splattered all over in 3D is absolutely on top of my list of things I'm looking forward to seeing in 3D.

3) Agreed with Tornado, if this plays like MKDS, I'll buy it. Anything else and I can pass.

I'll also agree with Tornado, MKWii was tripe. I'm pretty sure it'll play more akin to MKDS though, since there's no motion control...I hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd think with so many great games lined up for the 3DS Nintendo would've at least name-dropped a few in their conference. Oh well. Makes this revelation all the sweeter!

Cannot wait for this. As long as it's less "luck over skill" it'll be awesome. And it must have playable Rosalina. MUST.

I WANT 3D BLOOPER INK ALL OVER MAH FACE.

Cannot wait for this. As long as it's less "luck over skill" it'll be awesome. And it must have playable Rosalina. MUST.

YES IT MUST. I'd also really like ROB to return, I can't believe he missed out on MKWii whereas all these pointless as shit babies got put in :/

Really the biggest problem with MKWii was:

- 12 racers

- The amount of time it takes to recover after being hit

Mario Kart Wii was ridiculous, whereas MKDS is the best game in the series. Imo.

I just want some goddam interesting characters this time around rather than the blatantly obvious ones with some baby forms.

Pauline, Foreman Spike, Captain Sugar, Mona, Jimmy T, the Koopa Kids, Fawful, E. Gadd, Tatunga, Wart or even fucking Kamek are better than baby anything.

It pisses me off to no end that Nintendo insist on using mostly main series characters in Mario Kart and resort to creating baby forms of every fucking character to fill up the character slots instead of adding obscure and spin-off characters.

Surprise me please Nintendo, I don't want baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy and whoever the fuck else.

Pauline, Foreman Spike, Captain Sugar, Mona, Jimmy T, the Koopa Kids, Fawful, E. Gadd, Tatunga, Wart or even fucking Kamek are better than baby anything.

It'd be a day one purchase whether it played like MKDS or not.

OMFG. MKWii was full of those damn babies! AND WHY THE FRACK WAS FUNKY KONG THERE? >__<

MKDS was and is awesome. MKWii was good at first but then just got very boring and way too hard, especially 150cc against CPU's.

Ahem...anyway, I'm looking forward to this. It's looking neat and the 3D effect with the ink is gonna be so cool. I just hope it doesn't start another snaking obsession. That's one thing I dislike about MKDS. Snaking is SO annoying and I quit a game everytime someone uses it. =/

Edited by Holland

My dream character roster:

Rosalina

That is all. :P

...nahh, I guess they ought to have Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi/Peach/Yoshi/DK/Bowser/etc too. Just no pointless babies and less DK characters. It's Mario Kart, not DK Barrel Blast.

• Thumbs Up 4

Donkey Kong characters annoy me because they're all monkeys and don't really fit in with Mario Kart, even if Donkey Kong is a spinoff from Mario.

There's just so many awesome characters from the spinoff games that'd be fanastic in Mario Kart games yet end up taking the backseat in place of babies and pointless characters (shit characters include Toadette, Dry Bowser and others for example)

Toadette's an awesome character?

She is compared to Blue Ranger and Yellow Ranger Toad.

Toadette'S an awesome character?

No Toadette and Dry Bowser are utterly pointless characters xD

I hope they do away with the Light, Medium and Heavy character class system as well and go back to the 'everyone can use every vehicle' system from MKDS and let the character's weight be decided by the vehicle you choose.

Also no shit bikes because they are shit.

She is compared to Blue Ranger and Yellow Ranger Toad.

But not compared to purple and black Toad from Waluigi's team in the Mario Soccer game :-/

But I don't actually hate her...

Edit: Professor J: I read your post wrong. Sorry xD

Edited by MarcelloF

• 1 year later...

Double-post, but it's been 3 months..

Trailer and Screens

http://www.nintendo....cart/index.html

Metal Mario is seen.

I like the part where Mario falls into the water pit and continues driving. I thought the underwater segments would only be in certain loacations, but if it's like this, that's great.

Sonic could learn from this :V

Fire Flower looks like a cool weapon.

Edited by MarcelloF