Awoo.

Full first two levels

speedfreak

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-sonic-colors/101810?type=flvGameplay

Well that settles it, I'm buying it. It really is unleashed 2 minus werehog. The only thing that seems a bit worrying is how quickly the levels can be cleared, bu there does seem to be a good bit of exploration to compensate.

Edited by speedfreak
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see only one full level.

Moar please.

EDIT: Owait, my fault for not watching long enough. Ignore me.

Edited by Doctor MK

First two acts of the first zone then. :P

Here's a little more too.

Edited by speedfreak

What is that voice I keep hearing? The one yelling "SPIN!" and "LASER!"

It admittedly looks cool. It's like Unleashed; not really my idea of what Sonic should be, but it looks like a lot of fun- which is a lot more than I could say about games like Sonic 06 and Black Knight. I'm cautiously optimistic.

And it doesn't look too easy or unengaging for the player- no more so than Unleashed. I'm hoping to see the final version and/or later levels look a bit less automated, but not bad.

COME ON SPIINNNNN IT!!!!! Dude whoever saying that it's gonna become a meme next year I bet ya XDD

I think this looks freaking awesome indeed it looks like Unleashed 1.5 in gameplay wise (like SMG2 is the same in gameplay to SMG1) but thats totally awesome with me since I love Unleashed gameplay to bits so i'll open this with open arms *hugs Sonic Colours* i'm sold now where do I pre order XDDDD

Ohh the music is FREAKING AWESOME Sega release the soundtrack NAO!!!

Edited by Crash

Oh so its only the first 2 acts of the first level?

Levels and acts are 2 different things dude. Let us know when this level is uploaded:

EDIT: Hey, can someone download that footage from gametrailers?

Edited by goku262002

Holy hell, I am stunned. :DSonic Colors looks just fantastic so far, both Wii and DS versions. This is a definite first day buy for me, especially if this is what the final product will mostly be. :)

What is that voice I keep hearing? The one yelling "SPIN!" and "LASER!"

It's Sonic's new voice.

See this video to hear it some more:

COME ON SPIINNNNN IT!!!!! Dude whoever saying that it's gonna become a meme next year I bet ya XDD

If this really is the same voice from the video I posted, then it is already a meme among me and my friends.

It's Sonic's new voice.

No it's not, that's a random announcer. You can hear him while Sonic's doing tricks. It sounds nothing like Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

The voice that shouts "SPIN!", "LASER!" and impressed praise when tricking sounds much like Sonic. Reminds me of his voice in later Sonic X episodes.

And I smiled lightly at Sonic's floating in the air via fans animation, it looks exactly like his 'floating courtesy of fans in Gene Gadget Zone' sprites from Sonic 3D Blast. The laser ability looks like it could be disorienting XD

Edited by Verte

I think SEGA finally got it right, or close to it. I'm actually really looking forward to this now

Levels and acts are 2 different things dude.

Acts, levels, does it really matter? point got across either way XD

Oh so its only the first 2 acts of the first level?

Levels and acts are 2 different things dude. Let us know when this level is uploaded:

Here ya go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here ya go.

That level was pretty short... But it looked like there was more stuff behind that goal ring. Cut short for demo purploses perhaps?

The levels do seem pretty short so far. Maybe that's the price a Wii game has to pay for looking just about as good as 360 SU. Seems like we'll be able to get through the story mode in an hour or two.

Still getting it.

Edited by speedfreak

Short levels are short. But maybe they're just cut-down for the demo? Whatever. I hope there's longer levels later on in the game, I don't want it to be over too quickly.

Besides, these are the kind of things that are infinitely replayable, and it's been confirmed in an interview that each zone has multiple bonus acts in addition to the default ones.

Wait, hang on. The Tropical Resort levels ended with capsules, but the Sweet Mountain level ends with a goal ring? I smell something fishy...

I crave more levels. With how good this game looks already, I'm drooling even thinking about what Giant Metal Sonic Head Zone is going to look like.

1:14....I spy a Buzzbomber!

Badniks CONFIRMED!!!!!

This game just keeps getting better.

I love the amount platforming, and the layers. Looks like it would be a blast to play.

So much for Sonic not talking through levels huh? Looks pretty awesome and it's being played by a person who knows what he's doing.

Dem graphics...

Back when Mario Galaxy was first shown some people were saying it looked like a 360 game, and I was trying to figure out what they were looking at. But Sonic Colors certainly does, at least on the first glance.

A bit worried about the length, but I think I'll be buying regardless. Looks great.

So you have Eggman talking the whole level and that announcer going as well? This is like the most annoying game ever. Actually, it sounds top me like Sonic yells "Cool" (In engrish) every time you pick something up and then the announcer yells the type when you use it. Oh, and it looks like rather than fix jumping they just gave Sonic a double jump. It's also nice to see that their control set up still allows a moderate curve to be a test of skill. common, just put the extra maneuverability on the left stick and be done with it already.

Oh hai pointless stumbling blocks. Yeah, that was a crucial difficulty balancer and not a pointless newb trap he said with much sarcasm.

I do like the Palmtree Panic soil, wish it had more contrast. The drill business looks cool, but it does so in the same way that any game that also isn't really a Sonic game looks cool.

Still just looks like more of the same to me. A pretty face on a game that doesn't do much else to really stand out.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 6

Oh My Fucking GOD! Did I just see a fucking QTE?!

AARRRGH!

Nah, I'm just kidding. At least it isn't like Unleashed dial-a-button QTE. I rather like it left to a single button. B)

If it's left to a single button all the time, one has to ask what's the point? A better alternative would've been some sort of air boost maneuverabilty wherein during bullet time, Sonic is presented with a few dash rings that either lead to alternate paths or simply give the player a varying amount of points for hitting. What we have here is just annoying. I would've rathered traditional QTEs. xP

Better idea: They could just get rid of them altogther. If they still wanted them, I would prefer a single button or no more than three, because it got ridiculous the further you went in Unleashed

If you didn't even enjoy the day time SU levels it's obvious this game isn't going to change your mind. Though I think it will be a real treat for those of us that thought the day levels were pretty fun in SU.

I'm pretty sure the game is going to be really short, but oh well. I guess I'd rather have a short, fun, highly replayable Sonic game then a long one with a bunch of boring filler. I still hope we get some interesting missions for a bit of extra replay though.