Awoo.

Sonic Free Riders Music Thread

Shaddix Leto Croft

Oh look a Sub forum =D XD so lets spectacle for about the music now until we hear about what we may hear in the game, maybe more techno dance type tracks from other Rider game and theme songs like Un-gravitify

I would like to hear another track of Cashell I seriously love that song from ZG it's the best thing to come from a Sonic game since SA1 Open Your Heart and maybe some Bentley Jones since I totally love his music too that would be sweet maybe a DOAA remix for Silver if he in the game

Edited by Crash

They haven't given much hints so far. Listen carefully on the menu screen of the footage and its the same as sonic Riders 1. I wonder if thats the style they're going for?

Well, call in Rumblebee again. it's time for Catch Me If You Can, version 4. (Remember, there was a bonus version on the first game.) As for others, I have no idea what to go for. Bentley would suit this game I think, but I'm unsure about having a main theme by him again (All Stars racing wasn't as spectacular as he could have made it.). If cashell returns, please just write some lyrics I can understand. that's un-gravitify's one flaw is its a load of babble.

They haven't given much hints so far. Listen carefully on the menu screen of the footage and its the same as sonic Riders 1. I wonder if thats the style they're going for?

Well, call in Rumblebee again. it's time for Catch Me If You Can, version 4. (Remember, there was a bonus version on the first game.) As for others, I have no idea what to go for. Bentley would suit this game I think, but I'm unsure about having a main theme by him again (All Stars racing wasn't as spectacular as he could have made it.). If cashell returns, please just write some lyrics I can understand. that's un-gravitify's one flaw is its a load of babble.

I can understand Cashell's song perfectly but I've listened to the song OVER 9000 times so yeah I know the lyrics by heart now lol but I've not really heard the music really from the videos but I would love if it was SR1 music I loved that soundtrack

Ungravitify by Cashell is a damn awesome track.

One of the best. The flaws were the almost inaudible lyrics.

The best part of the whole song, was the main opening guitar lines and the incredible overall composition. It played techno perfectly, and added violins that sung notes and chords that made the song feel so perfectly surreal.

Much like the concept of using gravity as a power. It fit the game perfectly, and also made a kickass stand-alone track to boot.

I know the lyrics to un-Gravitify, just don't understand them much really.

If you listen carefully during the menu segments in the videos, you can hear "Start-Up Your EX Gear!" from Sonic Riders playing in the background. Not exactly my cup of tea though as I personally found that song to be quite boring, especially now when compared to the instrumental version of the Electro Extended mix of "Un-gravitify" that was featured as the menu theme of the sequel. I think it's more of a placeholder song as of now more than anything.

I can't really make out the music featured in the level on display well enough to judge it properly, though. Hopefully it sounds neat!

I know the lyrics to un-Gravitify, just don't understand them much really.

I still feel bad about when I released the ZG soundtrack with the lyrics and had a couple of incorrect words typed out and now the incorrect lyrics are all over the internet. I was typing while listening to the song instead of completely reading off the booklet.

The music for the menu was placeholder. Hell, the Menu ITSELF was placeholder.

EDIT: haha Snatcher, I'm guilty of the same thing. I think I mistagged one of the Rivals 2 tracks, but it spread like wildfire before I could fix it

Edited by Aquaslash

I would /really/ love Hideki Naganuma to come give his two cents for the soundtrack.

But that's asking for something very unlikely. =u=

I would /really/ love Hideki Naganuma to come give his two cents for the soundtrack.

But that's asking for something very unlikely. =u=

I really doubt he will do the soundtrack maybe Sonic Rush or Jet Set Radio but not SFR, my money on Fumie Kumatani and Kenichi Tokoi on making the soundtrack since they did the last two games with Tomonori Sawada and Hideaki Kobayashi hopefully, them two soundtracks were amazing too =).

Edited by Crash

The music for the menu was placeholder. Hell, the Menu ITSELF was placeholder.

EDIT: haha Snatcher, I'm guilty of the same thing. I think I mistagged one of the Rivals 2 tracks, but it spread like wildfire before I could fix it

Yeah, I did the same thing with the original version of "His World". Instead of having just Ali & Matty's names in the ARTIST tag, I put Zebrahead and there was a big confusion for a while over which version was done by just those two and which version was the Zebrahead version from the Sonic 06 vocal album.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love for a blend of both 1's straight techno/dance and ZG's pseudo orchestral/techno. Or something new really. Considering the overall fun vibe of this one, Sonic Rush's style would work too.

Hidenori Shoji, Hidenori Shoji, Hidenori Shoji

Guy's never done a Sonic game, but he HAS done (my favourite) F-Zero soundtrack. I don't care if he's busy with Yakuza Kurohyou. Plus, Tokoi was on Yakuza 4, so surely they could get Shoji to do a couple of tracks.

But yeah, that's unlikely, so I'm fine if they fall back on Kumatani, Sawada, Kobayashi and Tokoi.

I hope for a game where they (SEGA's composers) can all do a massive collaboration effort or something though.

• 2 months later...

So new trailer out and that means new music (which you can download below ^_^) and I think it sounds awesome really gives me that Sonicy vibe, I'm pretty unsure which part of the game it may be use I say maybe it's that level (unsure of the name of the level the first track from what we saw from E3 for the first time )or maybe it's a new theme song which I would like but a instrumental theme will be great though instead of someone singing it would make a nice change =)

Edited by Shaddix

So new trailer out and that means new music (which you can download below ^_^) and I think it sounds awesome really gives me that Sonicy vibe, I'm pretty unsure which part of the game it may be use I say maybe it's that level (unsure of the name of the level the first track from what we saw from E3 for the first time )or maybe it's a new theme song which I would like but a instrumental theme will be great though instead of someone singing it would make a nice change =)

What's this? О_о 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What's this? О_о

Do I care if you have already posted it...nope do I heck, I was sharing my thoughts on the music than just sharing the song as well.

Edited by Shaddix

Hm, kinda sounds more like Jun's style of guitar than Moritake's. I wonder if he's sound director on this, too.

And there's a bit of His World powerchording in there.

Liking it so far, though.

Hm, kinda sounds more like Jun's style of guitar than Moritake's. I wonder if he's sound director on this, too.

And there's a bit of His World powerchording in there.

Liking it so far, though.

Well Jun hasn't done any Sonic Riders tracks so far since Kenichi Tokoi, Fumie Kumatani, Hideaki Kobayashi (Only Riders: Zero Gravity) & Tomonori Sawada (<< He was lead music composer on the last two Riders games) have mostly worked on Sonic Riders soundtracks than Jun so I won't be surprised if those 4 was doing it. Jun already the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 composer & Sonic Colours sound director so I really doubt he will be doing Sonic Free Riders aswell.

Edited by Shaddix

With the new TGS music show, we've heard the theme song! I thought it was quite good, looking forward to the game version! I think it'll be called "In the Wind" or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

With the new TGS music show, we've heard the theme song! I thought it was quite good, looking forward to the game version! I think it'll be called "In the Wind" or something like that.

The song is called 'Free.' It was written by Jun Senoue, with lyrics (I think backing vocals also, so expect a Crush 40 version if I'm correct) by Johnny Gioeli, arranged and produced by Richard Jacques with Chris Madin on vocals.

• Thumbs Up 1

The song is called 'Free.' It was written by Jun Senoue, with lyrics (I think backing vocals also, so expect a Crush 40 version if I'm correct) by Johnny Gioeli, arranged and produced by Richard Jacques with Chris Madin on vocals.

Thanks SoA for the info :) & was that Chris Madin singing Free at TGS then ? *googles Chris Madin*