Awoo.

Mimi's Art: Sonic CD Pic :3

Meemz

I love how the Master Emerald has a different face/mask in each photograph, excellent stuff. :lol:

And it's perfectly easy to follow, nothing to worry about there!

• 4 months later...

So I've been practicing drawing Sonic characters lately, particularly Blaze. This is a little sketch I made in my free time that I decided to color. I think it came out rather nicely. :3

blazeb.png

I think I've seen a pose like this in a different pic. If someone has any idea where it'd be nice if you let me know. :3

Edited by Mimi
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Why haven't I been to this topic already. :I

Your Blazes are adorable, and so is your Knuckles comic. We should make a team-up comic full of awesome and all that stuff.

ALSO STOP LIVING IN MY CLOSET OLD MAN WHO HATES MUSIC >=(

EDIT: dat motobread fafsdadsdsajlkfasflksaflksafjlksafj;asfsalfslkasjfewiorweisefisd

Edited by Azukara

• 4 weeks later...

Whaaa... I haven't uploaded art in this topic in a while. I'd better fix that~

So I've been practicing a lot lately drawing humans and Sonic characters. I have a lot of trouble drawing anything human-ish, so I thought practicing humans would help a lot with drawing Sonic characters. And hands. Hands are still really hard to draw though...

So here's my latest pic. The pose was a sketch in my sketchbook, so I thought I'd try redrawing it in Photoshop with some improvements. Then I added some shading and a bit of color in the corners.

blaze_sketch_by_zee_cat-d3lii5e.png

=D that's awesome! An interesting pose, looks like she's warning someone about something. (Or maybe telling off Marine XD)

New pic. :3

I finished the line art for this about a month ago, so I don't think it looks as good as some of the stuff I can draw now, like my little Blaze sketch. The coloring seems to help cover up any mistakes I made though. I also didn't plan what to do for a background, so I kind of just made a little circle of chaos energy stuff. I have learned that it's a good idea to always have a background planned. Tis an important lesson. As for why I chose Shadow and Blaze... I just think they're cool. :V

I'd really like it too if someone could give me some critique. Like mentioning anything that looks off or anything you think looks particularly good. :3

Full sized pic (kind of big): http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6329/shadowandblaze2.png

shadowandblaze2.png

• Thumbs Up 1

New pic. :3

I finished the line art for this about a month ago, so I don't think it looks as good as some of the stuff I can draw now, like my little Blaze sketch. The coloring seems to help cover up any mistakes I made though. I also didn't plan what to do for a background, so I kind of just made a little circle of chaos energy stuff. I have learned that it's a good idea to always have a background planned. Tis an important lesson. As for why I chose Shadow and Blaze... I just think they're cool. :V

I'd really like it too if someone could give me some critique. Like mentioning anything that looks off or anything you think looks particularly good. :3

Full sized pic (kind of big): http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6329/shadowandblaze2.png

shadowandblaze2.png

Two characters in a picture automatically makes it a shipping picture!

...Yes, I read the chat log.

• 5 months later...

Heeey everybody. :3

So I was one of the top 50 US winners for the Sonic CD art contest Sega had. My picture took a while to make, and I think I could have done a better job with his eyes, but it still looks pretty nice. So... here's the picture I entered. :3

cosmic_eternity_by_zee_cat-d4j6r77.png

Edited by Mimi
  • Thumbs Up 7

Simply spectacular! It is a marvel if I have ever seen one. I just love the beautiful simplicity and relaxation of the piece. It's rather nice to get one of those in a Sonic fan art, since so many try to go for epic scales. I really like the reflection on his eye, though I think the reflection may be too thick, kind of like there was a sticker in his eye. Other than that, I love the coloring, I love the small glows on the stars, and I especially love Sonic. Fantastic!