Awoo.

Shadow's homing attack in sonic 06.

Djawed

23 members have voted

1. 1. So what do you think of the idea

• Its awesome
    • hmm.. it could work
    • Meh it sucks

I have the game for almost 2 years now and because of the load times i never felt like playing it after finishing with sonic.

So yesterday i installed the game to the hard drive and what do you know... The load times have decreased enough that it doesn't irritate me anymore. From like 30 secs to 10/15 secs.. Very nice (as borat would say lol)

So what ive noticed shadow's homing attack is awesome.. It's so awesome that i think it should also apply to sonic.. not the stiffness but the way it turns into a combo when pusshing it more times for enemies with more health

We have seen sonic,, sonic is also a fighter. We have seen it in brawl and also in sonic X. So why not

But it would have to be polished that there would require some kind of skill behind it,, like let's say before an enemy attacks while kicking the enemies but, there should be an evasion button that takes you away from the enemy so you can look out from his rockets or any other weopon.

So what do you guys think :D It would work nice with the "challenge" that has been missing lately, replaced by pits that litterally come out of nowhere.

Edited by Jaouad

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Djawed

• Phos

• SuperStingray

• Diogenes

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We have seen sonic,, sonic is also a fighter. We have seen it in brawl and also in sonic X

No, Brawl is not a Sonic game and Sonic X it isnt a game, and dont follow the games history.

About the topic, I have to say I liked it too, but only cause it was easier to kill "multi-hit" enemies. I would rather kill the enemies with just one hit (thanks God Unleashed did it right in the Sonic stages).

I wouldn't mind that actually, it would put much more variety instead of just SPAM HOMING ATTACK that we've seen before, but only use it on tough enemies or boss battles. I wouldn't want to have to do that for every single enemy in the level, it would ruin the pace, imagine how badly Unleashed would flow if it you had to do that on every enemy.

Like I say though I'd like it for boss battles and stuff, maybe throw some combo's in there for more variety to...Bombarding an Eggman mech or a rival character (Knuckles, Shadow etc) with rapid spins, kicks and etc I would enjoy.

Edited by ENVY16

No, Brawl is not a Sonic game and Sonic X it isnt a game, and dont follow the games history.

About the topic, I have to say I liked it too, but only cause it was easier to kill "multi-hit" enemies. I would rather kill the enemies with just one hit (thanks God Unleashed did it right in the Sonic stages).

Ehmm, so what is the real sonic then ?? Sonic from green hill or sonic from spagonia ??

There is no such thing as choosing which is real, what you see is what he is. I mean nobody stops them from making him like that

Edited by Jaouad

It'd be pretty cool if they made a system that allowed you to follow through with other attacks by pressing specific buttons, for example, homing attack (A) knocks a larger enemy off balance, then (Y) sweeps their legs out, then either (B )[Fucking emoticons...] stomps them as they hit the ground OR (X) makes Sonic spin attack them while they're in midair (with said enemy spinning in tandem), and with (A), Sonic launches off them in the direction you were going before you attacked.

Edited by Arcane

It would just be a band aid fix for a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Just think about it, you have easy enemies that you kill with just normal homing attack.. but the enemies just need challenge in 3d games.. in 2d games there was only left and right so when they shot you they had more chance to hit you. Plus there was no homing attack that took you right to the enemy so that also made it more easier.

So i thought the cure would be something like this.

Edited by Jaouad

It's because Sonic Team hasn't designed any interesting enemies since Sonic Adventure.

hmm,, i honestly think it could work,, i played sonic 06 and i found it kind of enjoyable to kill enemies with the combo's, after when i played with sonic again i found myself crying for the combos lol :P

But then again there was no health in sa1 and 2... If i could only experiment it.

You can beat the multi hit enemies faster as Sonic anyway. Hit them once with the Homing attack, then use the bound (were they trying to say bounce?) jump. They go down really fast that way.

Maybe, but I think it works better being Shadow's trademark then Sonic's. Besides Sega is still trying to make Shadow not a total gameplay clone of Sonic, and giving him Shadow's Homing Attack kinda defeats the purpose.

In Sonic and the Secret Rings, Darkspine Sonic's attack was very similar to Shadow's. Overall I prefer Sonic's regular Homing Attack it just has that feel to it.

Edited by Silvereclipse

No, because no enemy should take more than one hit to kill-it just breaks the game's flow.

Unleashed did things well. If they ever, ever reintroduce enemies that take more than one hit to defeat I will be very very sad.

I mean, I know I'm annoyingly optimistic and love the modern games, but multi-hit enemies are just boring.

Therefore I'm not in favour of the idea of ever needing such a move because it... well, wouldn't be needed.

Ehmm, so what is the real sonic then ?? Sonic from green hill or sonic from spagonia ??

They both are real BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME GUY. Sonic X is a ANIME. Not a GAME. Just jumping on enemies would be boring. And in Brawl, he would be a one kit KO guy if he jumped on anyone. Your logic sucks.

Just because they don't follow the games' canon doesn't mean Sonic shouldn't have the same fighting abilities. Battle and Chronicles show Sonic's fighting skill too.

On the topic of Shadow's homing attack... no. That was the most broken thing about his gameplay.

It's because Sonic Team hasn't designed any interesting enemies since Sonic Adventure.

With the exception of Artificial Chaos.

No, because no enemy should take more than one hit to kill-it just breaks the game's flow.

Yeah, I never understood why they introduced HP in Heroes. It doesn't feel necessary. Except for maybe the larger enemies, but I still think the HP system is abused.

Most enemies should go down in one hit. Any non-boss that takes more than 3 is unacceptable. If the best strategy for that 3-hit enemy is just to homing attack until it's dead, that is also unacceptable.

I don't mind having some more thought going into combat in the Sonic series, but just bumping up enemy HP and turning Sonic into some sort of brawler is not the right way to go. The problem is that "combat" consists of nothing more than homing attack after homing attack (and the boost in the few games that have it). I think we'd be better off just having a few different attacks that are useful in different situations, but will all take out the enemy in just a hit or two.

I think that Rush and Rush Adv did multi-hit enemies well- you had to time your attacks so you wouldn't take damage and they only appeared in a few stages.

The attack was cool for Shadow, but unless we're playing a fighting game it shouldn't even have to exist. Enemies should go down in a single hit, unless they're "special". And these "special" ones should be rare/non-existant.

Like said above, it looks cool, but it is definitely out of place for a game that's supposed to be built on speed. (Actually, the character is built on speed. But still. Shadow's supposed to be speedy as well.)

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

Most enemies should go down in one hit. Any non-boss that takes more than 3 is unacceptable. If the best strategy for that 3-hit enemy is just to homing attack until it's dead, that is also unacceptable.

The only basic enemies with HP that I really thought worked were the hammer golems and the turtles from Sonic Heroes. They were a bit annoying, but they were tough and usually required more than a homing attack to take down.

I don't mind having some more thought going into combat in the Sonic series, but just bumping up enemy HP and turning Sonic into some sort of brawler is not the right way to go. The problem is that "combat" consists of nothing more than homing attack after homing attack (and the boost in the few games that have it). I think we'd be better off just having a few different attacks that are useful in different situations, but will all take out the enemy in just a hit or two.

Agreed. I think the best way to do that isn't giving skills to Sonic but rather adding more variety to the enemies. I don't think we should just have little hominid robots with smiley faces and their flying counterparts. I'm talking enemies that are easy yet still require different stratagems, even if very simple, such as those mentioned above or many from the classic titles.

Edited by SuperStingray

Not if both combatants are still moving in the midst of it. Something that Sonic games have NEVER attempted, for some strange reason.

On the subject of the actual Shadow-HA, I'd much prefer seeing Sonic pull it off than Shadow, and instead give Shadow something closer to the Chaos Snap move (Shadow teleported straight to the enemy instead and attacked - sadly it was ridiculously unpolished and glitchy in '06). Like said though, kept like it is it would just break the flow, so the overall concept should be tweaked a bit - perhaps the initial blow knocks the foe back so as to allow Sonic to keep attacking on the move, and make the other follow-up attacks seperate moves that can be strung together according to the context (a bit like Ninja Gaiden or Devil May Cry, except maybe a little less invasive on the platforming).

HP in a Sonic game can work easily - just that most games that have attempted it thus far take a hideously wrong approach about it (Sonic '06 was a decent start though, in that you could chain other attacks together to make the stronger enemies less monotonous to kill). I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but I also wouldn't mind waiting on it while Sonic Team tries to get the basic core game right for once.