Awoo.

New 15" Super Sonic Figure

Frozen Nitrogen

So the light-up one is limited to 350, whilst the regular version is 1500 like before?

Dayum. I'd say I want the light-up version, but I don't have a credit card (only got a debit card), so I can't order through First 4 Figures' site. As such, I'm guessing all the pre-orders for the light-up version will be gone by the time it actually gets released at the start of next year.

Eh, either way, I'll still definitely get this. If any of the light-up ones survive the pre-ordering and turn up elsewhere in online stores or eBay, I'll grab that. If not, I'll get the regular version. Either way, I'm definitely getting one. I have all the F4F Sonic stuff so far, no way am I passing up limited edition epic awesome stuff like this. :)

EDIT: Incidentally, I've wondered this about my F4F Sonic statue since I got it... does anyone know if there's any kinf of metal bars/ poles/ reinforcement in the legs? It's just I can't help but think they look amazingly, terrifyingly fragile!

Edited by Mahzes

:D

Wonder how many extremely hardcore people will buy the normal and light up versions? :lol:

Quite possibly myself, depends on how the light up one looks when it is non-lit up.....any shots to show if it just looks like the regular one whilst off?

So the light-up one is limited to 350, whilst the regular version is 1500 like before?

So how does that work with people who've got the first statue as they've said you can register and get the same numbered figure? Does that mean that is only for the non-exclusive one? Because I've got like number #1075 or something nowhere near a #300 number.

Also has anyone pre-ordered from F4F before? Do they take orders from overseas and do they ship?

Because I neeed that figure!

Can't believe how insanely awesome that figure is! Love that they are using classic zones as bases too :D ....though was Super Sonic even obtainable in Chemical Plant zone?

What with the Jazwares figure updates and this it doesn't feel like Sonic's birthday today, but more like ours!!

Yeah, I have figure #473, so I think if I wanted to get the same number of that, I'd have to go for the regular version. That said, again, I think you can only do that when ordering directly through First 4 Figures, and since I don't have a Credit Card I can't do that.

That said, I wanna try and make a grab for the light-up version if I can, which'll be a lower number than 473, anyway. :)

Yeah, I have figure #473, so I think if I wanted to get the same number of that, I'd have to go for the regular version. That said, again, I think you can only do that when ordering directly through First 4 Figures, and since I don't have a Credit Card I can't do that.

That said, I wanna try and make a grab for the light-up version if I can, which'll be a lower number than 473, anyway. :)

Yeah, I figured as much (hahaha "figured" *shot*) I guess it makes sense as the normal Super Sonic goes up to the same number and the exclusive one is well.....exclusive.

I do hope these aren't all pre-ordered out by the time I manage to set up a credit card and work out how to pay for it.. :( I ordered my Sonic through my local comic store, and as such got it in good condition. I don't know how F4F ship out the pre-orders (if they even do) and I don't really trust the postal system....and I work in the postal system!

They don't actually mention how the light-up version "lights up" either?? Batteries? A cord that goes into a socket? ....Chaos Emeralds?

I neeeeeds it O_O

But I don't have an extra $200 lying around right now.

Edited by Staples

From the looks of things the light up version will just have transparent plastic sparked so long as they aren't in use. And I'd assume it's battery powered, but I dunno how.

From the looks of things the light up version will just have transparent plastic sparked so long as they aren't in use. And I'd assume it's battery powered, but I dunno how.

I hope that it looks just like the non-light up Super Sonic when it's not on...because I don't think I'd be able to justify buying two seperate ones if the sparks look see through and not so awesome as the regular Super Sonic when not lit up but way cooler when it is.

Just a thought that nobody has mentioned yet, but the description says that light-up Super Sonic will feature lights in the sparks that will light up alternating between flashing and continuous light.....well I am thinking these two settings may be controlled by the two bolts on either side of the Chemical Plant Zone base that look suspiciously like they could be buttons B)

Also in those shot I don't see any cords anywhere so I am going to also go with it being battery powered.

EDIT: Also, if they keep up the pattern of first figure, first level of the first game for the base - second figure, second level of the second game for the base.....can we expect a Classic (sorta pink) Knuckles to show up for the third figure, third level of the third game the base being.... MARBLE GARDEN ZONE! My all time favourite zone ever! :D Yes please!

Edited by The-Master-Board

I do hope these aren't all pre-ordered out by the time I manage to set up a credit card and work out how to pay for it.. :( I ordered my Sonic through my local comic store, and as such got it in good condition. I don't know how F4F ship out the pre-orders (if they even do) and I don't really trust the postal system....and I work in the postal system!

Regarding paying for the statue, if you put it through with the credit card that's closest to the debit card you own, and then contact them, they should offer you PayPal as an option. It's how I paid for my Sonic statue, and is something they were looking at putting on the site.

So yeah, send them an email asking if they'll accept PayPal. They should.

I had to do it. It cost me £130, but I just had to. It will look good on my shelf next to the 12" Sonic Statue :)

Alright, there's a thing that bugs me about this statue, I'm going to put it in spoiler tags in case you're worried about not being able to unsee it:

feet.png

Much like Sonic's model in SA 2, there appears to be an additional bone between his legs (in red) and feet (in yellow).

As for the lights, I'm going to guess that you can probably plug it in.

Alright, there's a thing that bugs me about this statue, I'm going to put it in spoiler tags in case you're worried about not being able to unsee it:

feet.png

Much like Sonic's model in SA 2, there appears to be an additional bone between his legs (in red) and feet (in yellow).

As for the lights, I'm going to guess that you can probably plug it in.

have you noticed how you can move your feet downwards

it's called an ankle

it's between your leg and your foot

you sprain it alot

• Thumbs Up 1

it's called an ankle

you sprain it alot

DO NOT WANT SPRAINS. It happens to me too often!

it's called an ankle

you sprain it alot

An ankle is a joint, not a bone unto itself.

Yeah, now that you mention it the way the shoes and legs are attached IS weird, but it looks perfectly fine. It's probably for the sake of support or something.

An ankle is a joint, not a bone unto itself.

for the sake of not giving a flying fuck-a-doodle-do i'm calling it a bone

happy now

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Also, if they keep up the pattern of first figure, first level of the first game for the base - second figure, second level of the second game for the base.....can we expect a Classic (sorta pink) Knuckles to show up for the third figure, third level of the third game the base being.... MARBLE GARDEN ZONE! My all time favourite zone ever! :D Yes please!

I think you can expect to see Robotnik, Tails and maybe even Metal Sonic before Knuckles. As a matter of fact, did I read somewhere that F4F were interested in make a Metal Sonic figure? Because you know, that could be utterly orgasmic.

The Masterboard do you have facebook?? I would love to get to know a sonic fan across the country.

Yeah I do, the name's Stewart Power, you'll probably recognise me (if there are multiple Stewart Power's out there?) as a Sonic fan pretty quickly by my profile pic! hahaha

I think you can expect to see Robotnik, Tails and maybe even Metal Sonic before Knuckles. As a matter of fact, did I read somewhere that F4F were interested in make a Metal Sonic figure? Because you know, that could be utterly orgasmic.

Yeah I reckon we'll see a Metal Sonic or Tails figure next, but I kinda just wanted to point out a little pattern I saw going :lol: and that implicated my favourite zone as being a contender for next base!

I do believe there was some F4F updates a while back on this site showing what looks to be inconspicuous teaser shots of Metal Sonic, so he could be next....although the pictures made it seem fairly low quality compared to these figures, almost as if it would be Metal Sonic but in that very small range that F4F do.

You can see those shots on the facebook page for F4F, also in the comments somewhere there I read F4F seemed to be reluctant to make an Eggman/Robotnik figure for this line as they would be making him in scale and he would be ridiculously large!

Edited by The-Master-Board

Haha, that's a good point. He'd be atleast double the height of Sonic, likely more than that. Crikey. Yeah well, as far as this series goes I'd love to see Knuckles, Tails and Metal appear. Metal perhaps less so than the others, because he's never been as much of a main character as them.

If I wasn't trying to save money for Uni next year I would buy that in a heartbeat. I was looking at it the other day and I didn't realise it lit up, makes me want it more :(

That's awesome and I really love Super Sonic, but First4Figures stuff is WAYYYY too pricey IMO. I can afford one but I would feel cheated paying $140+ on those things. Too bad because I really liked their Skull Kid, Fierce Deity Link, and Zero Suit Samus figures too. I wish they would make a great looking more affordable set of statues like Jazwares did with the 12" Metal Sonic.

Hey guys, if you were worried that the light-up figure would look naff with the lights turned off, then worry not! It looks great, as seen in these picture from F4F's Facebook page. Here (top = lights figure, bottom = normal figure):

37415_403002681731_129298161731_4578493_1282897_n.jpg

horizontal_03.jpg

Edited by Tropical Resort Zone

Whoa!!! That's one sweeet figurine!!!

But not for 160, I'm sorry Sonic but I don't love you that much. Especially when I'm jobless!

Whoa!!! That's one sweeet figurine!!!

But not for 160, I'm sorry Sonic but I don't love you that much. Especially when I'm jobless!

I think this figure is so cool that if you buy it you automaticaly get given a job! :lol:

Glad to see the light up version doesn't look so bad when off, although it does come off as being....um....well you can tell that it isn't made from the same stuff as the figure so it kinda looks weird.

I LOVE all the figure love Sonic is getting recently!

• Thumbs Up 1

Checked with First 4 Figures, for anyone wondering, there are metal poles going down through his legs (on the normal Sonic one, too), so they're not too fragile.

Also, even without a credit card you can order manually via Paypal if you contact them and ask via e-mail. I already have, am awaiting reply. Hell yes do I want the light-up one. :)