Awoo.

Any Movie, TV Show, or Book scenes that made you cry?

S0NIC-Keyblade 007

So I saw Toy Story 3 earlier today and the ending really touched my heart, I couldn't help but cry once the movie was over. I remember another movie I saw a few years ago that touched my heart was Cast Away, the scene in the ocean where the main character (I can't remember his name) drifted away from the football that he befriended during his four years alone on the island made me burst into tears in the movie theater. I find it so amazing when I see a movie scene that can bring a tear to my eye, it really makes me feel pity for the characters and like the directors really put effort into making the movie touch the heart of its viewers. So do you guys have any movie,tv show, or book scenes in mind that made you cry?

Edit: Oh I also forgot Dragonball GT: A Hero's Legacy brought me down to tears, just seeing one of my childhood series come to an end always brings a tear to my eye.

Edited by S0NIC Toadstool
  • Thumbs Up 1

Biggest tearjerkers I can think of off the top of my head:

Toy Story 3, just the whole fucking thing.

Fullmetal Alchemist

Hughes's death

Majora's Mask

Kafei and Anju's marriage in the credits

I love when things make me cry.

Key's animes made me tear-up like crazy, Air TV, Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats!... Those immediately all spring to head. I won't say worth spoiling, but all of those are fantastic though prepare to somewhere in there to start shedding tears.

If I want to take the time I can list every super emotional horror movie/game I have played/seen, but it would take a while to remember all of them and which ones managed to do that... One off the top was Sixth Sense, that made me cry.

Toy Story 3. Just a tear fest of sadness wrapped up in happiness wrapped in more sadness wrapped in the best story ever.

One that really, really hit me hard was Where the Red Fern Grows. Pretty classic book right? I was about... eight when I read it.

Now, being so little, my mom told me off the bat that the dogs died in the end and that it would be sad. I didn't really care, thinking it wouldn't be that bad.

I get to the point where Little Ann died.

I cannot remember crying harder. Ever. There have been sadder moments in my life, but I have never cried that hard. I've mentioned before that I simply do not cry during movies or books, but I was hit so hard by it that I couldn't stop. I cried for hours and hours.

It actually had an effect on my life too, it helped me get over my fear of dogs. My dog's name is Cinder Ann because I wanted to name her Ann after Little Ann.

Just... man. I still cry a little bit when I read it.

Let's see, you're going to shoot me for the fact that most of the ones I can list off the top of my head are anime, buuuut;

One Piece: Many, many scenes here. As off-the-wall as One Piece is, it's managed to tug at my heartstrings much than Naruto has despite me preferring the latter by far. Let me try and think of them...

Chopper leaving Drum Island behind, Vivi deciding to stay in Alabasta and not go on with the Straw Hats. And oh my god the funeral for the Going Merry was one of the most depressing, sad and tearjerking scenes I've ever sat through.

As for Naruto, as I said, this has never had me absolutely crying my eyes out, as much as I've wanted it to at times, although a lot of scenes have come close, and still got the odd tear out of me. Probably would be more, but I often end up watching/ reading new Naruto in the presence of my brother, or at work, so obviously I hold it in a bit then, whereas with One Piece I was watching alone and could let everything out.

But yeah- my top Naruto emotional scenes;

Part One:

-Haku's death on the bridge. Oh my god depressing/ upsetting. Especially when the snowflake lands on his eye and melts down like a tear.

-Third Hokage's funeral

-Guy's speech to Lee when he's worrying about getting his operation

-Choji's 'death' after his fight during the Sasuke Retrieval arc

-Most of the stuff Naruto says to Sasuke at the Final Valley/ Valley of the End

Part Two: Does take a while before any really, really emotional bits happen, I felt, but nonetheless;

-Learning the full truth about the Uchiha clan and Itachi. It's totally, heartwrenchingly tragic, and I love Itachi to bits for it.

-Naruto finding out about Jiraiya's death. The scene of him just wandering through the town at night, buying the ice-lolly (fine, popsicle to you US-peeps) and just... crying. And Tsunade's reaction at the end of the chapter was heart-rending, too.

-Hinata sacrificing herself to help save Naruto from Pain. It was sad enough as it is, but oh my GOD, did the anime do a brilliant job and turn it into one of the most heart-wrenchingly tragic scenes ever. Love it. Absolutely loved it.

Ironically, my favourite emotional scene in an anime is episode 130 of GinTama. It's the second half of a two-parter, and it's just the most beautiful, emotional short story I've ever seen.

In terms of non-anime, I absolutely adore The Simpsons episode where Bleeding Gums Murphy dies, and also the Futurama episodes 'Luck of the Fryrish' and 'Jurassic Bark'. Oh my god, again, so emotional. Oh, and when Leela finally learns about her parents, too. Futurama was awesome for emotional moments.

I remember a good few ones. First is The Lion King.

When Simba finds Mufasa's body it really tugs my heart strings. Much sadder than Bambi's mom!

Next would obviously be the Futurama episode, Jurassic bark.

the fact that Fry's dog waited many many years for him to return and died silently is one of the saddest things I have ever seen.

Lastly, Highlander the first movie.

when Mcloud's wife Heather is dying. She has aged yet Mcloud hasn't. Putting Queen's "Who Wants To Live Forever" on in the background cinches it.

Toy Story 3 : I mean the ending was really sad, but so adorable

Titanic: It was sadness crying :/

Click: When Adam is watching hiimself be an ass to his dad and when he dies... It was the first movie I actually cried by..

Harry Potter 7: I didn'T cry, but I came close to it often. For example the scene where Harry reads the sign at his parent's with all the words of encouragment was really nice. After I finished I didn't feel anything but numbness that a series I grew up with and loved was over..

Wind Waker: When Link says bye to his grandma, my eyes started burning, but I didn't cry..

WWE Monday Night Raw Eddie Guerrero's Tribute Show November 14, 2005

I've never cryed while watching any TV show before but when I heard about Eddie's death on that show when getting ready for a normal Raw show didn't expect a Tribute for my most favorite superstars (didn't have internet at the time to find out) I just broke down in the 10 bell toll knowing that one of my favorite (and still is) is dead I was crying for ages lol I 'm crying again now after watching that video above again haha but it made me really upset i've met him a few times too when WWE came to UK and he was such a nice,down to earth guy but that was the first time I ever cryed while watching a TV show though.

Edited by Crash

Massive spoilers for all concerned... in fact, I'll tag the lot of 'em.

Naruto

- When Zabuza and Haku died together on the bridge,

- When the Third Hokage made his big speech about the Hidden Leaf Village before death,

- When Guy Sensei told Rock Lee he'd die alongside him during surgery,

- When Choji found a message from Kiba and Naruto engraved in a tree before his “death”,

- When Sasuke paused over Naruto's body before leaving.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

- From the beginning of Order 66 to, basically, the end of the film.

Star Trek (Various)

- When Spock sacrificed his life for the Enterprise, and Captain Kirk’s speech at his funeral, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,

- When Data was forced to kill his daughter, "The Offspring" (TNG),

- When the Doctor watched his holographic family fall apart around him and, again, a daughter died, "Real Life" (VGR),

- When Captain Archer made a plea of empathy to the Organians, "Observer Effect" (ENT),

- When T’Pol and Trip Tucker shared the final scene of "Terra Prime" (ENT).

Doctor Who

- When the Doctor read Madame de Pompadour's letter,

- When Rose said goodbye to the Doctor in Bad Wolf Bay,

- When the Tenth Doctor died.

Twenty-Four

- When Teri Bauer died at the end of Day One,

- When George Mason confronted his estranged son while dying in Day Two,

- When Jack said his goodbye to his daughter, Kim, from a plane in Day Two,

- When Jack was forced to kill Ryan Chapelle in Day Three,

- When Day Three ended with, rather than a massive plot twist, simply Jack breaking down in his car,

- When Jack was forced to choose between a suspect and Paul Raines in Day Four,

- When Edgar Styles was killed by the Sentox in Day Five,

- When President Charles Logan was taken away by the Secret Service at the end of Day Five,

- When Jack confronted Secretary Heller and said goodbye to Audrey Raines at the end of Day Six,

- When President Allison Taylor had her daughter arrested in Day Seven,

- When Jack explained why he did what he did during the final hour of Day Seven,

- When President Omar Hassan was lost in Day Eight,

- When, out of nowhere, Renee Walker was killed by a sniper in Day Eight,

- When it all ended... Day Eight.

Seriously, Mahzes will tell you, that last one. I cried for about fifteen minutes.

This might sound strange, but the South Park episode "Kenny Dies" just did it for me. I knew in my head it was an ironic joke, but that fact was blinded by the episode itself. And that Futurama episode with the Bee Sting (can't remember exactly as I've not watched it in years) did the same...

Damn, why is it always cartoons?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sad spoilers I have:

NCIS:

-Hiatus (Part II): Gibbs quits in EXACTLY the same way as his old boss, Mike Franks did. Sad from the moment the terrorists blow up the Cape Fear.

M*A*S*H:

Hoo, boy. I've seen a lot of episodes, and for a comedy series, M*A*S*H has a lot of sad endings. And they are VERY sad.

-Abyssinia, Henry: The part where you find out Henry dies. (Side note: Henry dying was never in the script for the episode. They told Radar he had died off-stage in the last scene)

-Good-Bye Radar: The whole episode is sad, but part II is worse. The moment Radar's departure day comes, it gets sadder and sadder, until finally Hawkeye, B.J, and Colonel Potter go to the Swamp and find Radar's teddy bear on Hawkeye's bunk. He picks it up and says, "Good-bye, Radar."

-Goodbye, Farewell and Amen: They saved the saddest departure for last: The episode ends with BJ's and Hawkeye's departure. As BJ gets on his yellow motorcycle, Hawkeye gets in the last helicopter as it is taking off. BJ shouts that he left a message for Hawkeye. Hawk looks out the window, and sees 'GOODBYE' written in rocks, with BJ pulling away.

-Up

The montage of Carl and Ellie. It's so happy, but then it comes to a screeching halt when she has a miscarriage/cannot have a child, and again when she dies just as he's about to show the tickets to Paradise Falls, and then showing him as an old man, alone in their house. And all of this is done with no dialogue whatsoever.

• Thumbs Up 3

-Up

The montage of Carl and Ellie. It's so happy, but then it comes to a screeching halt when she has a miscarriage/cannot have a child, and again when she dies just as he's about to show the tickets to Paradise Falls, and then showing him as an old man, alone in their house. And all of this is done with no dialogue whatsoever.

Oh man, this is sooo true.

What really cinches it in the "Married Life" scene is how riveting the music is. It starts off with a wonderfully jovial tune to it and when the scene changed from the colourful baby's room featuring Carl and Ellie joyously decorating to Ellie and Carl in the much more monochrome consulting room in front of the doctor, the music changes so fluidly into such a sombre and depressing tune from the jovial one that the suddeness of the mood change is like a really upsetting punch in the gut so to speak.

What makes Up so tragic is that the creators always envisioned Russel to...in a way..portray the child that Carl and Ellie could never have. When you re-watch the film knowing this, it's kinds sad to realise that Ellie never experienced the pseudo parent-child-like relationship that Carl and Russel had.

Ah Pixar; The only proof that Disney's still got it.

On the subject of Disney, if you can watch the "Baby Mine" scene in Dumbo without being even vaguely affected by it;

you have no soul

That scene used to and still does make me lapse into tears of sorrow. It's So beautiful... so tragic.

Edited by Verte

Fullmetal Alchemist

Hughes's death

Majora's Mask

To the first one, that was so painful. I didn't even want to believe it. I didn't cry but I'm sure I could have if I were a tad more emotional toward the show.

As for Majora's Mask... that whole game is a tearjerker. It's so utterly sad and depressing I can't see myself ever playing it. Even at the end it's

Neither of these things made me cry, well maybe Majora's Mask, but I did cry (and I mean CRY) at Air TV. While watching it I knew there were some painful moments, but the end was just unfair and depressing. Everyone I know who watched Air TV told me they cried. I've never seen Clannad or Kanon, but I imagine they're just as heart-wrenching.

Oh, I almost forgot! UP!!! I didn't think a Pixar film could make me so sad. Most people told me they cried, but I could see how something to happy looking (The advertisement has a house being lifted by balloons... does that look sad to you?!) could make people come to tears. But I did shed my tears wearing it.

Mufasa's death was very painful to me the day I finally understood what happened. After that I cried each time I saw it, in fact on one occasion I excused myself and left! I couldn't bear to watch it! That was many, many years ago though, I watched the Lion King a few months ago and didn't cry so I guess I'm proud! XD

Wholy fuck how did I forget Jurassic Bark. Oh man, saddest thing ever (that isn't Toy Story 3 which is in it's own tier). I felt so horrible for that dog, so so horrible.

And another from Fullmetal Alchemist I shouldn't have forgotten: Nina. Just thinking of her makes me want to cry.

I totally forgot to mention E.T., but I don't think that counts. The last time I saw it was when I was 2 or 3 and everyone crys by that movie...

Up, I also cried at that scene.

Oh I would agree on Jurassic Bark from Futurama was sad as all hell, but the episode Luck of the Fryrish really got to me especially the end.

Other things that really got to me:

The opera Scene from Final Fantasy 6

Just the opera it self is so beautiful, and the lyrics of Aria Di Mezzo Carattere are just sad but beautiful. At least the whole scene ends on a funny note with the battle against Ultros again.

The ending of the book "My Sister's Keeper":

After Anna wins the fight to get her self Medical Immunity from her parents as well as her sister Sara, she winds up getting in a car accident that leaves her brain dead. Her lawyer, Campbell, decides that it would help the family, as well as Sara who's on the verge of death, if Anna did donate her kidney to Sara. The book just builds up the supence, and you wonder if Anna will win the cort case. And when she finally does win, the book just has the unexpected twist of her "dying" in a car accident. It's just so sad.

All of Toy Story 3 was just sad.

Snatcher

At the end of act two, you find out about Gillian Seed's past as well as the fact he had a son. When you return to J.U.N.K.E.R HQ to take out Benson Cunningham, you find out that he killed the Mechanic Harry Benson. What's more of a shock is that Harry Benson was in fact Jamie and Gillian's son back in 1996 before Gillian and Jamie were cryogenic-ally frozen. This revelation is so very shocking that it really gets to you, and what's worse Gillian doesn't share this information with Harry as he dies in Gillan's arms.

One scene that didn't make me cry, but most definitely tugged my heartstrings was the whole sub-plot with Bobbery's wife in Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. I was like, six when I watched Sonic get shot into space in SA2, and because I could never beat Crazy Gadget, I had no idea if he was alive or not so...yeah.

Also, the Where the Wild Are things movie. How the heck did they do THAT with a six page children's book?

Wholy fuck how did I forget Jurassic Bark. Oh man, saddest thing ever

I forgot that one too. I can't even watch that episode again, it hurts too much...

Im pretty sure eeeeeverybody and thier house cried to this; Lion King when Mufasa died. That was the first disney movie I saw and I cried to it. Now, it does'nt affect me like it used to...

Grave of the Fireflies. I cried pretty much throughout the entire movie. One of the best animated films ever though, everyone should see it.

Im pretty sure eeeeeverybody and thier house cried to this; Lion King when Mufasa died. That was the first disney movie I saw and I cried to it. Now, it does'nt affect me like it used to...

^This. One of the only 2 times I ever cried at a film. The other one was Be Kind, Re-wind. I cried when they destroyed all of the tapes. Why did I cay? Because of all of the hard work and fun that they had upon making each sweeded film. (You'll get "sweeded films" if you see the film)

Also, Blackwolf, cool avatar there.

Everybody cries at the end of The Iron Giant, and I am no exception.

Up is mentioned a lot by others for the same reason like I had,

mainly the montage at the beginning with Carl and Ellie, but another part in the movie that made me weep is when Carl was flipping through Ellie's Adventure Book later in the movie.

Toy Story 3 made me cry at the end

when Andy gave his toys to the neighbor kid down the street, and you knew she absolutely loved them as much as he did.

Damn you Pixar for your well-rationed stories. :lol:

How to Train Your Dragon made me weep happy tears

during the play scene between Hiccup and Toothless. It was just so adorable and it reminded me of my two pet lizards.