Awoo.

The adds

Badnik Mechanic

I know that adverts are essential in keeping the site alive, but they at least need to be filtered for rogue content:

Itsjustill.png

I have no further comment to make.

Edited by Extaticus

I know that adverts are essential in keeping the site alive, but they at least need to be filtered for rogue content:

Itsjustill.png

I have no further comment to make.

Finally, an ad that make sense to all the 13+ year old loners!!!

Exactly. Are you people saying you don't want to find the perfect Japanese woman?

Whoa, steady on now....

• 2 weeks later...

So guys since Gnasher was the 10,000th visitor now I am the 1,000,000th visitor of SSMB and been randomly (lol typo of the word randomly in the image below XD) picked as a possible winner of a main prize of an new Mini car, Bmn where my prize you gave Gnasher one I want mine XDDD

2guz34i.jpg

I have to say, whilst I wasn't too fussed by the ads on the homepage, the new square ad that it has now looks a lot cleaner.

Just thought I'd mention it ^_^

For some reasonI can't help but hum this song when this add popped up.

nudescanner.jpg

That TAiLS eh? He's only been on the forum 5 min and look what he's advertising!

P.S. I was 999,999th visitor earlier on, I would like my prize please, thats two prizes now... or shall I just randomly take something from AAUKs office?

Edited by Gnasher

I got one too but for live sex webcams videos.....hmm that second image is pretty hawt XD

ddexip.jpg

Tails you horny bugger pasting these all over SSMB XD

Edited by Crash

By any chance are these ads picked based on the most common demographic visiting the host site? I take it we have a lot of 18+ males then.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol I just got the webcam one by posting in the kinect pricing topic...

This is why we had the Dread banner cleaning Sonic for so long he was too dirty! Now we've got Tails and the dirty stadium is back.

TDS "The Dirty Stadium"

Yeah, I was about to say, I got some fairly... 'nasty' ads similar to the one Crash posted. D:

Interestingly they don't show up at all on SonicOLD, just saw it as I was logging in.

I just have Adblock plus. XD So, no ads for mee~

But if I get that then there will be no more bewbs!

Edit: Ok I just had another one pop up on the main page called "Hot videos" it has a the same girl from the other banner... only some others... and well... they're not shy... nothing is 'quite' on show but I doubt I'd be able to post it on the forum without a number of people hitting the report button.

Edited by Gnasher

But if I get that then there will be no more bewbs!

Edit: Ok I just had another one pop up on the main page called "Hot videos" it has a the same girl from the other banner... only some others... and well... they're not shy... nothing is 'quite' on show but I doubt I'd be able to post it on the forum without a number of people hitting the report button.

No Borat moments for me, I'm getting ads about coupons and everyone gets boobs. Coupons aren't for boobs either sooo..... :huh:

I'll talk to the provider, that stuff's started to appear increasingly frequently and I'm not going to accept this much crap.

Ha. This is funny.

For the record, I seem only capable of seeing this 1 add from EarthShare.org. I rarely seem to get anything else.

I'm not getting those ones. I have one of an online game called Castle of Heroes and one called Soulmaster. Maybe its because I'm in Germany, I dunno...

I just turned off Adblock out of curiosity and I wound up with ads for legitimate products.

lulwut

Yeah, it's not quite as bad as the topic makes it sound. Most of the ads right now are more relevant than the previous provider, it's just every so often something shit appears. Like free webcams, why the hell is that there...

Like free webcams, why the hell is that there...

Are you people saying you don't want to find the perfect Japanese woman?

It's a conspiracy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh geez, now I'm getting horrible emotional-blackmail adverts about donating to stop poor old ladies from feeling lonely. D:

HALP PLZ. D:

I've been getting the below annoying ad about meeting girls, one of the kind that tracks your IP address and finds out your local area which in this case is Brierley Hill. The girl on the left is topless apart from some black coloured... whatever that is which I think is a bit much for the younger crowd here.

girlsssmbad.jpg

Bewbs!!

I've received a reply from our provider:

Thank you very much for reaching out and letting me know. I completely understand where you are coming from. And agree that all of the ads you have mentioned should not be served within our network. We have had similar problems with one of our ad providers before, and I am going to turn them off. We are not in the business of running "maze" "ip address" "nude scanner" etc ads. We pride ourselves on brand advertising and I am not happy to hear this.

You should not see these ads anymore, if you do, please let me know immediately and I will look into the source. Any time you see an ad that is problematic, please take a screen shot so that we are armed with additional information.

You heard the man. As bad as it is for my blood pressure to see proof of TSS' rep dying one ad at a time, if you can screengrab shit ads I'll get them to take them off the network.

From the provider's side, handling what ads appear is a similar job to the people running the sites showing them. In order to fill the impressions, they send a lot of requests to third party companies that serve their own ads and pay the provider for the privilege. That means the main provider doesn't have any control over what ads get shown, short of dropping the third party, and they also have a tough time monitoring them.

So, just as I dropped a provider when they were showing too much crap, they're assumedly dropping this rogue provider and we should go back to seeing naught but legit shit.

Is that considered a bad ad?

ad.png

Translation:

"This is not a joke! You have been selected!

Because you were connected on the [current time & date].

You have been selected as possible winner of a Mini Cooper.

If you get in time click here."