Awoo.

Chip's intelligence

Blazey Firekitty

Okay, so, in Unleashed, when we first meet Chip, he's lost his memory, and spends much of the game as a hyper-active, naive, candy obsessed child of a character.

When he gets his memory back...Well, he doesn't change into a completely different person, but the "wacky antics" are severely toned down. He's more like an idealistic, optimistic adult than a little kid.

So, was the immaturity shown throughout the game a natural part of Chip's personality, or a side effect of being woken up too early and having his divine brain fried?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diogenes

• Phos

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Blazey Firekitty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's likely that it was due to a loss of his memory.

He acts more mature when he summons the temples of Gaia in order to create the Gaia Colossus. He seems to take on a bit more of Sonic's laid-back traits when he was in Eggmanland, taking a picture while Eggman was delievering his speech to the two while they didn't really give a damn.

Once he got his memories, he finally had a reason to be serious. Before that, he had no reason. I don't know if a little goofiness was actually kept after he got them back, as I haven't played the game in forever-time, but if it was, then choice A. If not, choice B.

Not so much fried as separated, I think. Light Gaia wasn't any more ready to emerge than Dark Gaia, but while Dark Gaia tried and ended up collapsing into pieces, Light Gaia manifested in an incomplete form, and thus was weakened, immature, and amnesic, but stable. Chip then luckily (or perhaps subconsciously) found and latched onto Sonic, who helped restore the emeralds, which allowed the rest of Light Gaia to gain strength and call Chip to it, and the two pieces merged.

So if Sonic didn't land on Chip, why did they imply that he did? Am I to believe that Sonic would have just left him there if he didn't feel guilty for something?

I'm pretty sure that memory loss doesn't change your personality. Brain damage can, and it can also cause memory loss, but that isn't what happened. What we knew as Chip for most of the game never really had his memory to start with, it seems.

So why does Chip have such a hard time beating Dark Gaia that he'll fail without Sonic's help? Does he always have help?

I wasn't a fan of Chip's food obsession, I get that the whole idea behind the game was seeing the world, and that usually involves eating a bunch of foods from all over the world, but Chip is essentially left with no other real character traits. As soon as you get to the first town,he seems to have already forgotten about his memory (lololol pun) and is instead obsessed about food.

Did Chip needs his memories to do the shieldamajig that saved Sonic when he fell from orbit? How did he even know Sonic was there?