Awoo.

Toy Story

Tailikku

Considering that Toy Story 3 has been released, I was thinking that now would be a good time to talk about what were you favorite scenes in the trilogy.

Right off the bat the scenes I like include all three play time scenes, the Dawn of the Deadesque scene whedre the toys scare the ever-loving shit out of Sid, New Buzz vs Zurg, El Buzz, The Claaaaaawww, and the credits montage in the third film.

Well it hasn't been released here... So I have no leg to stand on for the third film. Will be going on release however.

I've just watched the 3rd film (other users look at where I live and thinks how the fuck I've watched it XD yeah can't tell you :P) I really love it made me all sad at the end but a happy sad, the El Buzzo was the best bit of the entire film made me laugh for a bit. I can't wait to buy the Toy Story 3 for my Xbox 360 too now after watching the film it looks so awesome may I say better than Toy Story 2 since that game was amazing too XD anyone know the release date for the game in the UK then I really want to know :)

Well, you downloaded.. I mean, that much is obvious! Or bought a pirate copy (In which case you're very silly) - But the reason I've not downloaded it is simply because I'd rather watch it in a decent quality. The TS release looks very bad.

The game comes out in July, 16th exactly.

The PS3 version has some exclusive content which looks pretty cool.

Also, the 360 version is region free, so you can import it if you like and it'll still play on the UK console.

Saw the 3rd one the day it came out here.

Quite frankly, it was an absolutely amazing movie. I'm not even gonna put plot details in spoilers for those who haven't seen it, but it's pretty much got it all - the laughs, the character development, the suspense, and especially the emotion. One of the best movies I've seen in years, full marks from me.

I don't know how they managed to keep it at a G-rating though. :P

Well, you downloaded.. I mean, that much is obvious! Or bought a pirate copy (In which case you're very silly) - But the reason I've not downloaded it is simply because I'd rather watch it in a decent quality. The TS release looks very bad.

The game comes out in July, 16th exactly.

The PS3 version has some exclusive content which looks pretty cool.

Also, the 360 version is region free, so you can import it if you like and it'll still play on the UK console.

Ermmm maybe XD but the video quality on the one I've got it's pretty amazing video & sound quality but I couldn't wait two more weeks and I'm very impatient so I had to get it after watching TS1 & 2 this week from my DVD box set and certainly can't wait for the DVD to come out now =D awesome didn't know it was region free on the 360 I'll have look on the interwebs for it

Edited by Crash

One thing I bet you two don't no is that Sid is still in the series as a garbagetuck driver, in fact he's the one that nearly trashes Andy's toys by accident.

One thing I bet you two don't no is that Sid is still in the series as a garbagetuck driver, in fact he's the one that nearly trashes Andy's toys by accident.

I knew about that it's same voice actor as well for Sid too plus you can tell it's him he wearing the same black skull and bones top from TS1 XD nice little cameo though =)

Edited by Crash

I really want to see this film. Didn't like Toy Story 2 as much as the first one, but that's probably because the first one is that good.

Roll on UK release date!

I saw the third film on the release date, and I absolutely loved it! If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend you do so, and if you liked the first two, you'll love the third one. Just be prepared to have watery eyes after the film finishes. I won't reveal anything beyond that. One thing that really surprised though was how dark the third film got compared to Pixar's usual movie style.

Regarding the first two films, I actually went back and re-watched them recently, and they were as a great as I remember. One of my favorite scenes was the Toys scaring the daylights out of Sid in the first film. It was just so well executed and so sweet seeing the toys getting their revenge on Sid.

Boy, I saw it last weekend and I cried MANLY TEARS. My friend described it as the only thing we have from our childhoods that grew up with us and it really feels like each movie did grow up with its audience. I know I will show my kids one day all three movies, its that good.

I can't really say anything... but stop by the gas station and pick up a pack of tissues before you go :P. Misty eyes ruin the 3D effect.

One thing that really surprised though was how dark the third film got compared to Pixar's usual movie style.

You seen Wall-E and Up? I consider those to be unusually dark by kid's film standards.

I think that's why I like Pixar so much. They're able to blend adult themes into kid's films so seamlessly, making them the true definition of a family film.

• Thumbs Up 1

Toy Story 3's out where I'm at, and I loved it. you would think that Pixar set the bar too high for itself, but it managed to meet (and in some cases, exceed) the previous watermark. It was a great way to end the trilogy.

I loved all of the easter eggs in it too. Sid as the garbage man, and some other toys from other companies were all really cool too.

I'm really late to the party on this, but I'll throw in my redundant two cents:

Toy Story 3 was really, really damn good. It's easily among the best movies I've ever seen, and it's almost certainly my favourite of the Toy Story films. I'm not sure if I like it as much as WALL-E (my favourite Pixar movie) as an individual film, but I feel that the Toy Story trilogy as a whole is the better experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the Toy Story movies might be the best trilogy I've ever seen (I'm not quite enough of a movie buff to feel totally comfortable saying of all time).

...and yeah, I cried during the final scene. I'm not often moved to tears by anything, so the fact that Pixar's done it to me twice now is pretty spectacular. Well done.

My favourite scene in the entire movie wasn't the ending or the incinerator scene, actually, but the fantasy sequence in the opening. It was gorgeous to look at, and the huge number of shout-outs to the earlier films really reeled me back into the story. It's only a pity that they couldn't have included Bo Peep in it, since that would've been set before she was sold/given away/whatever.

Edited by Octarine

One thing that really surprised though was how dark the third film got compared to Pixar's usual movie style.

Actually, that reminds me. The third movie gave me a ton of Brave Little Toaster vibes. Coincidentally, I think a couple of Pixar folk worked on that movie.

That being said, I adored TS3 to pieces, but I have no plans to spoil it for others, as this film is best seen without any idea of what's going to happen. It's full of fun twists and turns, plus it's just so intense for a film about toys, just like BLT is intense for a film about appliances.

Pixar makes some of the best movies I've seen, and not just kids movies, animated movies, etc. There's just so much heart put into the stories and the visuals never cease to amaze.

TS3 actually made me cry, and I never cry during movies. It was probably Pixar's saddest film in general (yeah, Up! had it's sad parts, but pretty much all of TS3 was sad for me... sad, but touching.) TS3 is just a great way to end the Toy Story trilogy. It's everything I could have wanted in a last TS movie.

Although, I still find WALL-E to be the best stand-alone Pixar movie.

I'm not sure which my favorite stand-alone is, but I do love Wall-E. The fact that it doesn't rely on dialogue and still carries across so much emotion is wonderful.

And I think Pixar is one of the few companies out there that can do awesome sequels. Not too interested in the Cars sequel, but I expect great things from Monsters Inc. 2. If they can keep it the same quality as TS3, I will glee.

My favourite scene in the entire movie wasn't the ending or the incinerator scene, actually, but the fantasy sequence in the opening. It was gorgeous to look at, and the huge number of shout-outs to the earlier films really reeled me back into the story. It's only a pity that they couldn't have included Bo Peep in it, since that would've been set before she was sold/given away/whatever.

I agree a lot with this. It was like a perfect capture of a child's imagination. Kinda makes me want to play the game... XD

• 2 weeks later...

Me and my wife have just got back from watching Toy Story 3. Yay for Orange Wednesdays getting us buy one get one free on tickets :D Film was awesome but it was supposed to be in 3D, where were the 3D effects?! That film with the owls trailer before it had awesome 3D effects. If you're going to see it I advise you save yourself the extra cash and see it in 2D. Anyway, film was amazing all the way through, it was truly a fantastic way to end the trilogy :) Great work Pixar! The Day & Night short film before it was pretty good too!

I didn't think it beat Toy Story, honestly, but that's probably because Jessie's story in that film touched me. It's a cracking film though. It doesn't lag at all, the villains backstory is good, and the new characters fit in well. (Though about 3/4 of them are underused, probably my biggest gripe with the film).

Monsters Inc still keeps the top spot for me, but they're all so good there isn't much between them at all. The only real letdown now, strangely enough, is Nemo. Mainly because it kinda loses it's rewatch value somehow. I can't put my finger on it.

I saw Toy Story 3 yesterday. Still can't believe UK had to wait so long for it, and poor Europeans o.0; it's ridiculous.

Not really what I was expecting, but really something special. I find it really hard to cry, but by the end my eyes were watering, my lip was shaking, and my brother and both friends I went to see it with said the same thing. My mum bawled a bit.

Toy Story 3 is special because we grew up with these characters, and many people my age are now going through the same things as Andy, going to university and leaving our childhoods behind.

It's hilarious, and it invoked many emotions in me, perfectly. Great pacing, well written.

It's just jshbdfiuahsifjasudihgesiu.

Everyone who hasn't just go see it right now ok. I'm going to see it again asap.

I thought the incinerator scene was really damn impressive. The best part in the movie, in my opinion. There was so much suspense in that scene. I was thinking some really bad crap was about to go down.

Woody dies, but actually no he doesn't.

I went and saw it yesterday and it was one of the best films I've seen in quite a while. I rewatched Toy Story 2 a few days ago (It was on BBC1, so I recorded it with Sky+) twice to get me back in the swing with the films, but I didn't really need to. Toy Story 3 reminds you of all of the things you need to remember when watching it and is generally just an exceptional film. And yes, I almost cried at the end, but held back the tears because I was with a group of friends. >.<

Film was awesome but it was supposed to be in 3D, where were the 3D effects?!

If you're asking for effects where it seems as if the characters and objects are coming out of the screen then apparently you're talking about 4D effects. I had the same moan to my friends about the lack of 3D in the movie, but apparently 3D just gives the screen a bit more depth.

Sorry for helping turning this more into a "Holy shit I have just seen Toy Story 3, wow" thread but I have just seen it. Wow, once again Pixar floored me once with another soon to be classic, unlike Dreamworks who flood the market with five films a year (and only one of them is good, I am told this year its 'How To Train Your Dragon' which I have yet to see). Pixar take their time releasing only one film per year (sometimes there is gaps e.g. Toy Story released 1999 Monsters Inc 2001) and learing its quality not quanity that usually helps create a home run.

Okay, the film was great, heartwarming, like what others have said it really made you feel like the seires grew up with you seeing as Toy Story 3 was made in 1999 (I was eight but I actually only managed to watch the moive on the Disney Channel (Yeah when it showed movies and Cartoons, before it sucked) in 2001!).

I remember getting Toy Story on VHS along with The Lion King back in 1995 I think; and I remember being floored by CGI animation (remember a full length CGI Movie was a pretty big deal at the time). I love the charracters and the story as well as parts with Sid so much and I think I wore the bloody tape out!

I think it uesd was one of my all time favourite childhood movies (strange, that the Lion King has now become my favourite after revisting it a few years back). Anyway watching this movie was like meeting some old favourites.

I actually didn't cry or got watery eyes throughout the movie, not to say I wasn't moved by it, I just don't really cry at movies, the only time I every cried at movie was when I was three and that was Burt Reynolds getting run over as a Charlie in All Dogs Go To Heaven (another classic nostalgic movie). Seirously I sat next to my sister watching Pokemon The Movie in a theater (sorry I use a lot of Americaisms) when I was Nine and you know the bit at the end where the Pokemon all cry, my sister was crying her eyes out and me who was a big Pokemon fan at the time didn't start a single tear (yeah I know it was an emotional scene but I always found the emotional parts in Pokemon films and episodes forced like "YOU MUST CRY NOW, THIS IS SAD". I do cry at emonotional things its just they tend to be more real life things.

Thankfully the emotion in this movie isnt forced and in fact is quite subtle and affects people in different ways, like the main emotional part for me was the opening part

with the train and the camcorder footage. I also found the found the part were Bonnie is playing to be quite harmwarming because of her unique imagination.

What I like about the Toy Story movies is that Pixar seem to have learned and studied the key elements of how most children should play and how some children use their imagination in very creative ways. To me its seem like they have taken memories from their own childhood as well as most likely from their own children to create concept of the films which is very clever.

You know Lots-O'-Huggin' Bear reminded me not only of the Care Bears but Teddy Ruxpin, mainly from the Holloween Nostalgia Critic episode. Also that Cymbal Banging Monkey was freaky, its based on an actual Cymbal-Banging Monkey Toy called Musical *Jolly* Chimp. That Chimp is EVIL (until the end of the film)!

*Jolly My Ass!

So yeah it was brilliamt. Once again Pixar have made a great movie.

Oh yeah, I didn't see it 3D because I think its a waste of money, plus it hurts my eyes and I feel it distractes you from the overall film like some other movies in three its like "Oooo, look at all this eyecandy while your missing plot and the actual film" I heard Toy Story 3 wasn't like this, but sorry If I want 3D I'll go to Universal Orlando.

This movie was great, made me realize how much I miss the 90's and why most of todays entertainment (especially music) doesn't grab me.

Edited by BW199148

The movie came out here today and I saw it. Wow. This is probably my favorite movie ever. I cried at the opening scene that showed Andy as a kid and at the ending. The ending just felt sad.

You see Andy ending his childhood, and the just fits to people my age. I really think you need to be around 18-24 or so to fully appreciate the movie.

It made me sad because like Andy giving aways his toys ended his childhood, watching this move series end felt like my childhood just ended D: Still the end made me happy and sad at the same time. I was 4 years old when the first one came out!! It's just crazy!

Funny thing was, while watching the movie, I was waiting for someone to mention Pizza Planet, and they did at the end =D

Day and Night was also pretty cool. I laughed a lot.

I can't wait for this to come out on Blue Ray..+

Edot: Forgot to mention Totoro. That surprise me, but made me happy, because My Neighbor Totoro was (and is) one of my favorite movies as a kid :D

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1