Awoo.

Sonic Shuffle Re-Trademarked

KS8_Wiiloveit

What do you think could happen with the re-trademarking of Sonic Shuffle?

There are a number of possibilities...

(1) The game is getting a Wii revival. I sincerely hope it's this one. I've been dying for a Sonic Shuffle sequel or at least another Sonic party game.

(2) A Dreamcast compilation is in the works. Many seem to think its this.

(3) SEGA plans to bring it to the Virtual Console Arcade (VCA) or XBLA.

Don't forget, even Jet Grind Radio, ChuChu Rocket and others got re-trademarked too. So what are you hoping it means? inb4"Nothing".

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• famicommander

• Tornado

• Super Peytonky

• Blazey Firekitty

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a new Shuffle game. I mean, why not? The first was fun, even though the load times were insane and the camera was sometimes wonky.

I'd hope for a dreamcast compilation.

What about the possibility of Dreamcast on Virtual Console? ...Not that Im saying it's all that likely. Space and all that.

Edited by Lando The Bat

I'd hope for a dreamcast compilation.

What about the possibility of Dreamcast on Virtual Console? ...Not that Im saying it's all that likely. Space and all that.

Even high-end PCs have issues emulating the Dreamcast at full speed. I sincerely doubt the Wii could do it. And again, space would be an issue even with the new SD storage solution. Shenmue and Shenmue II together would eat up most SD cards alone.

I doubt a Dreamcast complication is coming. For a start, most of the Dreamcast's 'big' titles (especially the Sonic ones) were rereleased on the Gamecube.

I'd say it's either getting a Wii remake/ revamp/ rerelease, or they just updated the trademark for the sake of holding onto the name.

The chances of a new/ported Sonic Shuffle becomes incredibly slim when you consider that the Dreamcast is retrademarked on a regular basis. And even ignoring that, it's not the best of ideas when you consider the franchise still doesn't have a decent core series to work off - save it for when Sonic actually gets his fame back.

Never played it, never will. From what I've seen, it looks like a pretty bad game, and if I wanted to play it, I wouldn't be able to since nullDC won't play it from what I've heard (I don't have a DC but I have a DC emulator) unless they really do remake or port the game. I'm more excited about them re-trademarking JGR and CCR, I hope they do Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia next.

Considering the game was critically scoulded, I doubt a compilation is in the works ( would have to be bundeled in with SA1 & SA2 to be hnest to seem sellable).

However it feels the perfect game for Sonic to be used on the Wii.

Guess we'll see at E3 when possibly 2-3 Sonic games will be unveilled.

I definitely wouldn't mind a Wii revivial of this game, despite it being too early to assume it will be getting one.^_^

I think it's for that Zeebo thing, although I would like a Wii version or something having never played the original

I think if they gave it another shot it could turn out pretty good. However, as said, Sega constantly retrademarks old names to keep them from being used.