Awoo.

Your Favorite Video Game Characters

SuperStingray

2. Eddie Riggs - Brutal Legend.

Eddie may have been just been a pixellated Jack Black, but that was were his appeal was, imo. Sick of being a roadie for some Emo/ Pop rock band, Eddie gets trapped in another world after being crushed by the giant Ormagoden, and ends up in this strange Heavy Metal fantasy world, where he has to stop the evil Doviculus for enslaving the inhabitants of the world. Eddie had a lot odf personality in him and a good sense of humor, which isn't surprising since he's voiced by Jack Black. This game was severely underrated, imo, and it deserves a bit more love, and Eddie should've been the guy to do it. Considering that EA canned a sequel to the game, it's unlikely we'll be seeing Eddie again, but still, a good character nonetheless.

Whilst it's easy for me to list the obvious, I'm going to list the unsung heroes that are great, and I think I'll have to cheat with the first one.

In 1996 I played a PC game which was a point and click adventure, it was the sequel to a game I had never played and it was also a licensed title, but this wasn't a movie license, oh no. This was a book license, and that game was

Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!?

This game introduced me to Discworld (although I've never read a single book since) and it's characters, by rights I should hate the game and not be able to get into it. But I adored it, it was a fantastic story, great graphics and hilarious.

But my favourite character had to be Rincewind the wizard

rincewind2.jpg

Constantly slouched and utterly hates the fact he has to go on a long quest, he constantly breaks the fourth wall by agreeing with you that "Finding the giant elvden queen is the most ridiculous plot twist the developers could have come up with" and "Don't you just love it when videogame characters and developers conspire to make your life hell?"

At one point he goes back in time to the first game and meets his old self in the old game and has an argument over whose quest is more challenging.

Rincewind is voiced by Eric Idol and he gives one hell of a voice acting performance, it really does blow anything to date out of the water. He even takes the piss not only out of his own game, but also the career of himself, theres a scene where a jester is going to be stoned, in a life of Brian style way, so he pulls out the script for life of Brian and begins to re-inact it! Remember he was one of the pythons?

The python scene, and quite a funny scene involving 'Deaths' granddaughter.

What makes Rincewind a great character, is that he has an opinion on everything, if you select any object, even ones which can't be picked up, he has an opinion of them all... such as a giant wooden knob to which he says "I can't reach it... I have no desire too anyway..."

Also another great line "In the universe of infinate possabilities, that hair style has to come up somewhere"

Some obvious choices here, though others may cause a "wtf r u thinkin lol" reaction.

superMario_1364194c.jpg

The main man. The Irreplaceable. The character that, to me, both revived gaming and defined it. Through his ever-present and extreme likeable personality, Mario represents what gaming is all about. The escape to fantasy, freeing yourself from the shackles of reality and having a load of fun all at the same time. Nothing more to say.

683px-Reznov_project_nova.png

Out the huge cesspool of bland and cliched COD characters, Reznov is definitely the best out of all them. Now I know people will say that being a great COD character doesn't mean much, or that he himself is a walking cliche. Hear me out. Reznov is patriotic, strong-willed and a father figure to his fellow men, while all at the same time being manipulative and brutal to his enemies, almost to the point of insane obsession. He's much more layed than most COD characters, and the fact he is voiced by Gary Oldman only gives him more points with me.

ShadowHedgehogRender.png

Don't get me wrong, Sonic is awesome. But from when I played my first Sonic game, Sonic Heroes (lol), Shadow had the biggest effect on me and has been my favourite character of the series ever since. In his debut in SA2, he was portrayed as a ruthless, conniving, arrogant, vengeful and powerful ying to Sonic's yang. But at the same time, he was easy to sympathise with, with the losses of the past obviously fuelling his rage. His death at the end of SA2 is still my favourite video game death, as it fully completes his story of redemption and how the love for another can lead to amazing things. Of course, his subsequent appearances put him through rough times, completely ruining a lot of what made the character good. But I still find him to be a badass, and his relationships with Rouge and Omega are always interesting. Add in his mastery of the various Chaos powers, and I find Shadow to be one hell of a character.

1230519.jpg

Phoenix fucking Wright. Where do I begin with this guy? Just playing his games alone has made me think that lawyering is a totally badass profession. Of course, certain liberties are taken for entertainment purposes...but still. In any case, Nick is simply a fantastic character. Packed with sarcastic wit and a dogged sense of detirmination, Nick is a hero you can very easily get behind to defeat the bad guy. With his objections, brilliant chemistry with others like Maya and Edgeworth and a kickass profession, Nick is probably one of my favourite characters in all of gaming.

Edited by Jaymeister

Oooooh, another one of mine.

Axel, from the Kingdom Hearts series.

Axel_Days.PNG

There are several things that make this guy a total badass. Sure, he has no heart, but he can fake emotions real well. The writing for him is absolutely amazing, and his voice actor is freaking incredible. Quotes like "Come here! I'll make it all stop!" and "Burn, baby!" in the middle of battles make me absolutely love this character.

He's also a total renegade in Organization XIII, and manages to actually live for a very long time despite this. He's also got a real nice catchphrase (Got it memorized?), and has an awesome personality.

His death scene was also one of the few in game history that made me actually sad to see a character go...

• Bad Quality Post 1