Awoo.

Pre-order gift revealed

Detective Shadzter

Just spotted Jason's article about this on the front page, U.S. fans can get a Sonic scalp cap by pre-ordering either version online or in-store at Gamestop -

http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/pre-order-sonic-colors-get-a-free-sonic-cosplay-hat

25888bp.jpg

Oddest pre-order gift yet? If it were available in the UK I can't say I'd go out in public with it on :lol:

Wii -

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78148

DS -

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78149

Just noticed it's also available at EB Games -

Wii -

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78148

DS -

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78149

I almost got annoyed then that the US was getting another bonus that we would miss. But then... yeah, I'm fine.

Why must you Americans tease me with your pre-order gift hats? First the Scribblenauts rooster hat, now this...

Sure, they may look a bit silly and you wouldn't want to be seen out in public with them on, but it's a matter of principle! All we seem to get these days are ruddy tins. Tins. If I see one more pre-order gift tin in GAME I will... well, I'll just ignore it, frankly. Unless it's actually worth it like the Zelda: Spirit Tracks one (yay for figurines).

What about the Classic Collection tin? That had a figure, too!

What about the Classic Collection tin? That had a figure, too!

But it wasn't released in the UK. ;)

But it wasn't released in the UK. ;)

But it was GAME who sold it in Spain.

But it was GAME who sold it in Spain.

Well, I meant GAME in the UK. Sorry for the confusion :P

Well, I meant GAME in the UK. Sorry for the confusion :P

No confusion, I'm being awkward.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda want that :-/ It probably will never be released in Germany, but I hope UK has a chance atleast. Then I could import it..

I rather have a poster of Sonic Colours instead of that scalp cap if I was in USA and buying from gamespot be that just me XD lol here hoping that Asda doing pre order gifts for this game XD nice pre order gift though =]

Edited by Crash

This is so ridiculous that I almost want it.

Then again my head is huge so it probably wouldn't fit.

Kinda cool, though I hope it's not a Gamestop exclusive. It doesn't say anything about being exclusive on their site so I'm hoping Amazon gets this too. If it's exclusive I guess I'll have to preorder at Gamestop then.

Kinda cool, though I hope it's not a Gamestop exclusive. It doesn't say anything about being exclusive on their site so I'm hoping Amazon gets this too. If it's exclusive I guess I'll have to preorder at Gamestop then.

It's at Gamestop and EB Games since Gamestop own them.

It's at Gamestop and EB Games since Gamestop own them.

What I mean is I hope this preorder bonus is something cooked up by Sega that every retailer will include with the game for preordering instead of being something only given away at Gamestop/EB games.

For example if you reserve Metroid other M at Gamestop they have this.

"Reserve Metroid: Other M and receive a collectible GameStop Exclusive art folio featuring 16 individual high-quality cards."

While the Sonic Colors preorder makes no mention about the hat being exclusive.

"Pre-order Sonic Colors and receive a Sonic the Hedgehog hat."

If I have to I'll preorder at Gamestop because I'm a sucker for stuff like the hat (don't care about Metroid cards, I prefer the $20 credit Amazon is offering). Though I'd rather preorder from Amazon, not have to go to the store to pick up the items and still get the free hat. Plus then I could use my Amazon $20 credit from Metroid and get Sonic Colors and the hat for only $30. :lol:

Edit: Oh and I know I could order from Gamestop online but they don't offer the same great shipping rates as Amazon.

Edited by speedfreak

Wow, I was actually considering picking up this hat when I saw it at FYE a week ago. In case your wondering what it looks like on somebody:

photo.jpg

Ya it's a tad bit ridiculous, but I wanted to try it on. :P

So now it's a pre-order bonus at gamestop? Well I was going to pre-order this game, but why would they give out a hat that no one would want to wear out in public?

• Thumbs Up 1

Found out about this on Thursday and was wondering how long that pre order ad had been there.

Glad to know there is still time to pre order.

Edited by Purple_hedgehog

Eh, swag is swag and you can’t really complain if they are tacking it on for free. At the very least I could Frankenstein it into a Halloween thingamajig.

Think I'll wait and see if my pre-order cash is best spent elsewhere though.

This is the pre-order bonus? I see hats similar to this the same exact hat sold at FYE! They should have come up with something else.

Edited by LimeTH

Hey, you gotta get rid of that inventory somehow. xP

If I may be allowed to speculate, wouldn't it have been nicer to have plushies of all the Wisps, and you get a random one via pre-order? I know I'd like a Yellow Drill; That fellow is adorable.

If I may be allowed to speculate, wouldn't it have been nicer to have plushies of all the Wisps, and you get a random one via pre-order? I know I'd like a Yellow Drill; That fellow is adorable.

I'd be the first guy hoarding Cyan Laser’s in an attempt to utilize their effect on highway traffic. I would put like 200 in my trunk and floor it.

No matter what happens, I’d be bound to see some pretty colors….. Red probably being the most likely.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I pre-ordered Heroes I got a freaking t-shirt! What is this thing?! If I pre-order this game I'll give this hat to my friend.

Also, I have an afro... I can't exactly wear it...

• Thumbs Up 2