Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Ok, that's no reason to fire her. Amy was already a polarizing figure long before the voice change. People hating her isn't anything new. I understand she's your favorite character but you're making a bigger deal out of this than it really is. Is the series going to die because one character's voice isn't up to snuff? If it bothers you that much just switch the voice to Japanese and be done with it.

Actually it is. This voice will make more people hate her. Into a result of having to mute the TV. Into a result that they don't want Amy around anymore. If Amy plays a major role in one of the future games, she will be heavily criticized (and probably get more hate) for that voice.

I don't want to soon find myself *also* muting the TV when Amy comes on. Also I prefer English voices to JPN voices because then I don't have to use subtitles.

You'd be surprised how stupid people can be.

The only thing I know is about some guy called Spax3 who was interviewing Mike Pollock through Skype and was ranting on how the company itself and Jason Griffith suck. But I don't think that would count as they never even saw each other...do you know of anything bad happening IRL? Like, someone insulting a voice actor directly or something?

Edited by SilverTheHedgehog

I dunno, I'd say VA's like Vic Mignogna and Chris Sabat tend to enjoy going to cons:

Though their not really involved with the Sonic franchise or fanbase, apart from Vic voicing Omega, so I guess that's probably different...though I did hear that the FMA fanbase is pretty crazy...

Actually it is. This voice will make more people hate her. Into a result of having to mute the TV. Into a result that they don't want Amy around anymore. If Amy plays a major role in one of the future games, she will be heavily criticized (and probably get more hate) for that voice.

I don't want to soon find myself *also* muting the TV when Amy comes on. Also I prefer English voices to JPN voices because then I don't have to use subtitles.

Sorry to break this to you, but Amy was annoying when being played by Douillard and Ortiz. In fact I hated Amy in SA2 far more than I did in Free Riders.

Am I the only who finds "muting your TV" because there is a voice you happen to not like, be an over melodramatic reaction?

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah...the main reason I gave Smith a 2nd chance was subs, if I could understand Japanese without reading subs, then I'd always use it...but in all honesty Amy isn't that terrible now, but I will say I liked her previous actors more.

Sorry to break this to you, but Amy was annoying when being played by Douillard and Ortiz. In fact I hated Amy in SA2 far more than I did in Free Riders.

Was this because of their voices or because of Amy's personality?

There will be people who will find Amy annoying before Cindy took over yes, but Amy wasn't heavily criticized like Shadow and Silver. CIndy's voice will just add another reason to why Amy is annoying.

Edited by Spiced Christmas

But I don't think that would count as they never even saw each other...do you know of anything bad happening IRL? Like, someone insulting a voice actor directly or something?

I don't think this is a personal attack but I remember that Knuckles new voice actor said he actually slammed a girl to the ground at a anime con once when the girl is trying to glomp him.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

Was this because of their voices or because of Amy's personality?

A combination of both. I really did not like her performance in SA1 or SA2. Heroes was a bit better, but she became even more of a clingy bitch than she was before personality wise.

Cindy is doing a much better job conveying her personality than Douillard, even if she has a high-pitched voice.

A combination of both. I really did not like her performance in SA1 or SA2. Heroes was a bit better, but she became even more of a clingy bitch than she was before personality wise.

Cindy is doing a much better job conveying her personality than Douillard, even if she has a high-pitched voice.

Amy being a "clingy bitch" has nothing to do with the voice acting, that's her personality/lines given by Sega.

Sega probably changed the way on how they want Amy to behave, that maybe why it seems Cindy is doing a better job. But, her voice is dreadful. Putting subtitles on is easier to understand what Amy is saying since she kinda speaks fast in a high squeaky voice.

I'm sorry if in any way I said Cindy is a bad actor, because she's not...however at the moment she's just not the right person for Amy.

Then you're really just being melodramatic. Contrary to popular belief, voice acting isn't a big deal to the public, and people will always hate Amy, regardless of her voice.

Amy being a "clingy bitch" has nothing to do with the voice acting, that's her personality/lines given by Sega.

Sega probably changed the way on how they want Amy to behave, that maybe why it seems Cindy is doing a better job. But, her voice is dreadful. Putting subtitles on is easier to understand what Amy is saying since she kinda speaks fast in a high squeaky voice.

I'm sorry if in any way I said Cindy is a bad actor, because she's not...however at the moment she's just not the right person for Amy.

That's still not a reason to fire her dude, you're sounding just like those Ryan Drummon fanboys who bitched about Griffith, it was annoying then, and its annoying now.

Then you're really just being melodramatic. Contrary to popular belief, voice acting isn't a big deal to the public, and people will always hate Amy, regardless of her voice.

Eh...it's kinda a "big deal" to the public if they are interested on going through the story, going through cutscene after cutscene.

And you don't freaking get it, I know people hated Amy, never said at one point she was loved by all the fans. But now the voice is like the icing on the cake to them and the voice can attract more people in to hating her.

Eh...it's kinda a "big deal" to the public if they are interested on going through the story, going through cutscene after cutscene.

And you don't freaking get it, I know people hated Amy, never said at one point she was loved by all the fans. But now the voice is like the icing on the cake to them and the voice can attract more people in to hating her.

Then that's their business, why does it matter to you?

Am I the only one who thinks Vector sounds worse than Amy now? :X

The new voice. It makes me sad.

I dunno, in some lines in Free Riders he sounds fine.

He sounds like he got the right tone when he said "You've got the power, Sonic!" Also.

Amy also deepens her voice for a moment in the middle of saying "Flirt with you again..."

It's like they are fluctuating their tones. Sometimes I hear it with Blaze also. They aren't completely settled into their roles yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Vector sounds worse than Amy now? :X

The new voice. It makes me sad.

That he does.

Or maybe Cindy will actually get better and people will hate her and Amy less.

I can only hope so.

Then that's their business, why does it matter to you?

It doesn't matter to me now but if Sega decides to push Amy further down to the ranks of Big the Cat, in other words make her rarely appear in games all because of the backlash from Sonic fans, then it DOES matter to me.

My problem with Vector is that he sounds like a Muppet. The acting is okay, but I'd much rather have a more... normal sounding voice, like in Heroes. :/ It just sounds like the actor is imitating the 4kids VA instead of giving his own take on the character.

Granted, I think the writing in Free Riders was pretty awful for Vector and everyone else... so that doesn't help. :|a

Edited by Mega

It doesn't matter to me now but if Sega decides to push Amy further down to the ranks of Big the Cat, in other words make her rarely appear in games all because of the backlash from Sonic fans, then it DOES matter to me.

Then how does her voice factor into that? Big was hated because he was an entirely pointless character who brought an unwanted gimmick, and had no real place in the series. Amy, while having her detractors, is the heroine and fifth most popular character in the series, she's not going to be axed because a few people have a problem with her voice, if that's the case Shadow would've been gone a long time ago. So once again, stop taking irrelevant things so seriously, I hope Ms. Robinson will get better with time, but if she doesn't I might be annoyed, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and ask for her to get fired, I'm just gonna switch the voice to Jap and keep it moving.

The actors don't even really get a chance to get into their roles, and the fact that most of them don't even know the characters they're voicing, all the actors do is just come in and say their lines and keep it moving, and considering most of the characters at this point are no better than minor characters, I doubt Sega even care enough to give them proper direction while focusing on Sonic, Tails ,and Eggman.

Vector sounds almost the same as his old voice. :/

I think Keith combines all the previous voices Vector had (Dan, Marc and Jimmy) he takes the strong points they all had which sounds perfect for the character so not only does he sound goofy but tough, short tempered and cool and he doesn't sound high pitched or too gruff either I think this is the best Vector voice but I still liked all Vector's past voices.

I'd just rather have a deep and gruff sorta voice that doesn't sound like a muppet. :B That's what I liked about his Heroes VA, and it's really the only major problem I have with this new cast.

http://www.tssznews....-for-eggman-va/

“[That's] not completely accurate,” Pollock said, responding to a remark claiming Pollock hadn’t been fired in the changeover. “I had to re-audition and was subsequently re-hired.”

Pollock goes on, very self-aware of his position and the perils of it.

“I’m just a freelance voice talent, hired or fired at the whim of whatever producer I’m working for,” Pollock said.

Interesting.

Edited by Torcano Havoc