Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Give Metal Sonic the GLaDOS touch imo. Basically, whoever VA's him should try and put on a robotic voice, which will later get retuned so that it is even more robotic.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would actually like to hear metal with a real computer voice. Something like the voice samples of Metallic Madness bad future. There's just something so intimidating to such a voice. Of course, it's one that would have to be used in short spurts for maximum effect.

Well yeah, if I'm forced to listen to the same line over and over for about 10 minutes I'll hate that line, too. I still don't have a problem with the voice actor since he had maybe two lines in the entire game. I'm waiting for them to make a main series game where they take full advantages of the new voice cast.

Oh, no reassssssssssssssssson. It'sssssssssssssss not like the actual performancccccccccccccccccccccce ssssssssssssssshould matter. Jusssssssssssssssssssssssst the voicccccccccccccccccccce, right? :P

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually own Sonic Free Riders and have beaten it to the point of unlocking Super Sonic. I have not noticed this so called ssss thing people like to harp on about :/

EDIT: also gonna throw out there that I was the guy who took the time to record the audio from every story too.

Edited by Aquaslash

I actually own Sonic Free Riders and have beaten it to the point of unlocking Super Sonic. I have not noticed this so called ssss thing people like to harp on about :/

You've got thissssssssssssss Sonic Generations, right?

It's not just that. He slurs his words like a total prat.

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys act like Jason and David didn't have their annoying quirks.

I explained before how David had the issue of putting his words too close together in a sentence.

"There'sno reason formeto help them..."

Jason sounded like shit in ShTH. Exaggerated lines or grunts, melodramatic lines or grunts. ....Bad execution overall pretty much. The only thing he said right was Chaos Control and Chaos Blast.

• Thumbs Up 4

. The only thing he said right was Chaos Control and Chaos Blast.

Haha I see what you did there.

EDIT: Oh, and I have Generations. That line is a raw deal anyway. Just like "watch out, you're gonna crash, ah!"

There's no way to say that line without stringing the s parts together. :/

Edited by Aquaslash

Haha I see what you did there.

EDIT: Oh, and I have Generations. That line is a raw deal anyway. Just like "watch out, you're gonna crash, ah!"

There's no way to say that line without stringing the s parts together. :/

It's pretty easy to imagine both David and Jason saying "You've got this, Sonic" without much fuss. Take a look at the David during the Final Hazzard boss, or better, Jason during the the buildup to the Sonic vs. Lancelot fight in Black Knight.

I'd hate to see Kirk butcher this.

• Thumbs Up 3

I noticed you keep bringing up that same video. Is that the only good example of Jason's voice work as Shadow? It sounds more fair to compare Jason's early work as Shadow to Kirk's instead of using an video of Jason's voicework when he had been doing Shadow's voice for a good 6 or 7 years and he had improved during that time. Jason's voice work as Shadow when he first started was pretty horrible and when I'm talking about horrible, I mean all the way back from Sonic X (and yes, it DOES count cause that's when Jason first started) when Shadow's voice sounds like Sonic but only lower and gruffer.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm not seeing anything in that scene that Thornton could possibly screw up. Even Griffith managed to pull it off decently.

How exactly is that a fair comparison? Jason had taken years to sound like that. Kirk just started late last year.

Its not that Thornton puts "sssss" in his words. Its more like he extends the ends of his words.

I thought Griffith was awesome as Shadow. But if Thornton can sound more like Humphrey than that's just win. And he can, just check out Gungrave.

How exactly is that a fair comparison? Jason had taken years to sound like that. Kirk just started late last year.

Wait, so I'm not allowed to compare Kirk with Jason? I have to wait at future point in time?

We're comparing what we've got. Not what we might get in the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's pretty easy to imagine both David and Jason saying "You've got this, Sonic" without much fuss. Take a look at the David during the Final Hazzard boss, or better, Jason during the the buildup to the Sonic vs. Lancelot fight in Black Knight.

I'd hate to see Kirk butcher this.

I've listened to Thortons voicework as Shadow, and I have no idea where you're getting the sssllllluuurrrsss from. It really isn't that bad.

Not sure how he would "butcher" those lines.

I can definitely hear the problem people have with Shadow's voice, but don't have a problem with it really. I think he sounds great. He could just stand to rethink where he puts emphasis something. Listening to various clips from Kirk, he messes up Shadow's lines by emphasising the wrong parts, which sometimes results in lines sounding slurred. It's probably because he's trying to sound dark and evil, compared to his Orbot voice which was executed to perfection throughout Colours.

Also there's an 'r' in "chaos control". He's managed to say "chaos contol" in both Free Riders and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, so I'm not allowed to compare Kirk with Jason? I have to wait at future point in time?

We're comparing what we've got. Not what we might get in the future.

Experience isn't part of the equation of why Jason is any good in the first place?

Because I could just as easily compare Kirk to Jason's oldest work in the likes of Shadow The Hedgehog when you put it that way. And then I could very easily say Jason is crap at Acting.

All I can say is that Kirk could've sound better but I'm waiting to hear more dialogue from him in future games. And yes, I know he talked alot in Free Riders and it's their first game and the voice actors needs time to adjust to their new roles.

Personally I think Kirk is doing alright. he's got the feel right, all he needs to do is work on the execution a bit more and he'll be perfect! considering he's been doing Shadow for a year, he had a pretty good start.

Now we're complaining about Kirk? Ok I'll bite, his first time is a lot less painful than both Griffith and Humprey, yeah they got better with age, but like so many people see Kirk, they sucked, and to be honest outside of putting emphasis on the wrong lines, he really doesn't sound that bad, and sounds exactly like I would imagine Shadow, hell he sounds like Saix so its not hard to think of a base.

Now tell me that doesn't sound like Shadow.

Edited by Shadic Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with Kirk if he dropped the random emphasis and made his Shadow voice sound exactly like Saix's.

Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with Kirk if he dropped the random emphasis and made his Shadow voice sound exactly like Saix's.

Add the sarcastic, arrogant tone he had in Free Riders, and bam! perfect Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 1