Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Now we're complaining about Kirk? Ok I'll bite, his first time is a lot less painful than both Griffith and Humprey, yeah they got better with age, but like so many people see Kirk, they sucked, and to be honest outside of putting emphasis on the wrong lines, he really doesn't sound that bad, and sounds exactly like I would imagine Shadow, hell he sounds like Siax so its not hard to think of a base.

I don't see how Humphrey sucked. At all. I like Thornton, but Humphrey was still better than him on his first try.

And just to say Thornton has already voiced Shadow in more games than Humphrey.

I don't see how Humphrey sucked. At all. I like Thornton, but Humphrey was still better than him on his first try.

You know this is subjective right?

You know this is subjective right?

True, but everyone kinda of sucked in SA2. It was a case of the VA's having really awkward lines and not knowing the context.

That "sarcastic, arrogant tone" you mentioned that Kirk does for Shadow is absolutely excellent. Especially considering his and Rouge's role as Team Rocket in Free Riders.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

True, but everyone kinda of sucked in SA2. It was a case of the VA's having really awkward lines and not knowing the context. That "sarcastic, arrogant tone" you mentioned that Kirk does it absolutely excellent. Especially considering his and Rouge's role as Team Rocket in Free Riders.

Exactly, Humphrey just sounded really awkward at times, Thornton sounds awkward too, but its still an overall better performance.

In my opinion, David Humphrey in my opinion was the best, in my opinion, Shadow voice in my opinion. In my opinion, it's a similar, in my opinion, case to Ryan in my opinion Drummond, who, in my opinion could, in my opinion, be the best (in my opinion) Sonic if, in my opinion, SEGA would have, in my opinion, in my opinion, back in the day.

In my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 6

In my opinion, David Humphrey in my opinion was the best, in my opinion, Shadow voice in my opinion. In my opinion, it's a similar, in my opinion, case to Ryan in my opinion Drummond, who, in my opinion could, in my opinion, be the best (in my opinion) Sonic if, in my opinion, SEGA would have, in my opinion, in my opinion, back in the day.

In my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

We get it, its your opinion, no need to repeat yourself 50 different times.

Well, people do kinda overlook the ol' "imo" sometimes...

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it just more or does Roger sound better in Colors then Generations? In Colors it sounded more natural to me, in Generations, while still decent, it sounds more phony, like he's trying too hard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is it just more or does Roger sound better in Colors then Generations? In Colors it sounded more natural to me, in Generations, while still decent, it sounds more phony, like he's trying too hard.

Since the script in Generations was so bland and unlivley most of the time, I guess he had try and force energy into it, rather than letting the voice flow naturally through the script.

• Thumbs Up 1

Imo, (<---oh shizz there it is :V) I liked his performance in Generations more. His voice is generally higher and falls more in line with the two previous actors voice-wise, which I think is more consistent.

• Thumbs Up 3

It sounds more higher pitched, it's very noticeable in that cutscene before the final boss. I like the 'low' tone he used in Colors but as long as he don't go any higher then that then I'm okay with it.

It sounds more higher pitched, it's very noticeable in that cutscene before the final boss. I like the 'low' tone he used in Colors but as long as he don't go any higher then that then I'm okay with it.

It's not the pitch that bothers me, it's something I can't put my finger on, to me he just sounds more "forced" in Generations. Naturalness of Colors+Pitch of Generations=Ideal Roger voice.

I kinda missed how laid back he sounded in Colors. I think he has the best Sonic impression when he makes his voice a little lower.

Especially when he said "Who, are you, and WHAT is happening, to your PEO-PLE?" That line sounded natural for someone trying to make someone understand their language.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not the pitch that bothers me, it's something I can't put my finger on, to me he just sounds more "forced" in Generations. Naturalness of Colors+Pitch of Generations=Ideal Roger voice.

I know. He just sounds like he's doing it. Putting just enough effort to sound sonic. But not SONIC. Like xenos said his cocky laid back attitude was great! I hope they find a good middle ground. As for amy I've posted this before. It's just so good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRymWN-lXs&feature=related Edited by the hedgehogs boost
  • Thumbs Up 4

Oh you mean some of the lines he have to say in between stages/boss fights?

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

It sounded very much like her to me, but she actually put the tone down a notch, and it was perfect. Her tone is great for Amy, but her acting needs work, and the opposite for Cindy I suppose.

Oh you mean some of the lines he have to say in between stages/boss fights?

Yeah, like in cutscenes and stuff.

In-game he sounded fine.

Edited by Chaos Warp

To be honest, I don't care much for Smith. The acting isn't bad or anything, but the voice doesn't feel very natural to me. I can always tell it's someone changing their voice for it. And I also think people exaggerate very much with how good he is or how much better he is than the previous actors.. In Generations, I changed to the German voices to hear them once, and then I never went back.

I hope SEGA sticks with the multiple dubs. Not only because I like the German voices, but also because it makes more sense. The series is for kids, and they miss a lot when they only get subtitles in their language.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 3

I know. He just sounds like he's doing it. Putting just enough effort to sound sonic. But not SONIC. Like xenos said his cocky laid back attitude was great! I hope they find a good middle ground. As for amy I've posted this before. It's just so good! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRymWN-lXs&feature=related

A much *much* better voice than Cindy Robinson's. They should hire this person for Amy instead.

To be honest, I don't care much for Smith. The acting isn't bad or anything, but the voice doesn't feel very natural to me. I can always tell it's someone changing their voice for it.

The thing is, Sonic is basically a cartoon character. I don't think any of his voices have sounded like something that could naturally come from a human being, so sounding "real" isn't that important to me. The current voice, and, pretty much ALL of his voices fit well with both his character design and dialogue.

A much *much* better voice than Cindy Robinson's. They should hire this person for Amy instead.

I actually like Amy's new voice. I didn't, at first, but it sounds really Minnie Mouse-esque and appropriately dainty, which at least works for that aspect of the character.