Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I wonder if it's just something like a new boss at Sonic Team who has a good gaming history behind him/her or that the franchise is moving away from the Earth setting and back to crazy worlds.

Maybe Sonic the Turkey is joining the cast? :lol:

EDIT: What if the voice actors are changing? I can't see that mentioned in the comments before AAUK's comment.

• Thumbs Up 2

The worst thing I can hear is that they're ending the series after the Sonic 3DS game is released! But I'm beyond sure that that's not happening!

Yeah, I was thinking voice actors too. Maybe Sega has their own voice cast now? But Unleashed was pretty good in the voice department.

• Thumbs Up 1

The biggest thing I can think of that's not "over-the-top" would be, say, Takashi Iizuka being replaced or something like that. Either way, I think it has something to do with the development team. Voice actors is another one I thought about, too... I doubt they'd just up and replace 'em all again, but it could be related to not being REQUIRED to use 4Kids anymore... or something like that.

or that the franchise is moving away from the Earth setting and back to crazy worlds.
Have you looked at Sonic's Earth? It's at least as crazy as anything from the Genesis days.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Voice cast makes the most sense from the hints given as that would "alter some things" as AAUK said and would change the franchise somewhat. I guess it would freshen things up a bit if they've got a good cast coming in, imagine how good a 20th Anniversary game would be with great voice talent.

Have you looked at Sonic's Earth? It's at least as crazy as anything from the Genesis days.

I just mean a return to fantasy areas in some world of Sonic & co's own, maybe on their own planet since they're so out of place on earth interacting with humans. Not complaining, just suggesting.

Franchise-changing news?

Oh dear god, please tell me they aren't going down the prequel route.

Anyhow, if it's not related to the games, it's probably another form of media. Something big. Like a movie? New TV show? New comic? A cross-over? Christmas special? A line of Sonic lingerie?! :blink:

...I can't lie, my curiosity's piqued. I just hope the "massively big news" isn't another delay with a picture of a tree.

06 and Unleashed would beg to differ. But I say that's more each games style than anything (how the hell could Spagonia and Megalo Station exist in the same world otherwise?).

No idea what to expect. If it's VAs (which I doubt) I'll be both excited and disappointed. I quite like the voices I'm familiar with, but I'd love to see potential improvements.

Anyhow, if it's not related to the games, it's probably another form of media. Something big. Like a movie? New TV show? New comic? A cross-over? Christmas special? A line of Sonic lingerie?! :blink:

image1xl.jpg

MOAR

sonic-pants.jpgsonic_pants_rare.jpg

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

The first thing the popped up in my head was something related to the comic. Probably not though. New VAs would be neat, but only if they're good. It's probably nothing, like every other announcement they've hyped.

Were any time frames stated, or are we going to be left waiting around all day for them like before?

Well, if the industry has taught me anything in the past year, it's not to get too excited over announcements of announcements. Still, looking forward to the news. Right now, I'm with the people thinking it has to do with the development team. Probably new designers with some ambitions to breath new (or old) life into the franchise PR talk.

'Franchise changing' just immediately makes me think that it won't be something I'd like. Words like that don't need to be thrown around without reason to worry.

I'd honestly prefer AAUK just be blowing shit out of proportion than some that's actually franchise changing. :\

• Thumbs Up 1

Last time something was "franchise changing" we got this:

werehog.png

I don't know...maybe "franchise changing" should be more like "another way to view this franchise".

Edited by Squirtle

Last time something was "franchise changing" we got this:

[*WEREHOG*

I don't know...maybe "franchise changing" should be more like "another way to view this franchise".

What? No. That was a game gimmick, no different from Mechas and Treasure Hunting.

It can't be bad news right? I don't think it would be clever for a PR to anounce bad news as big news

I expect something good or decent

Edited by Jaouad

Meh, the last big news I got hyped for ended up being a delay for Sonic 4. :/

Oh well, it's nice to be getting some Sonic Colors news and I'll just keep my expectations in check for Thursday.

I actually hope it's not a new voice cast. The current one does a pretty damn good job IMO. The guy who does Sonic started off a little meh with Riders and Shadow but from SATSR onward I think he's done a great job. He gets even better with every new game too, and Eggman's voice is near perfect.

It can't be bad news right? I don't think it would be clever for a PR to anounce bad news as big news
What they think is good news is not necessarily what we think is good news.

I'm not expecting much, although if people speculation on the making of a 20th Anniversary game or some shit is true, it'd be kinda cool to see SEGA announced "Sonic Adventure 3" or something. Hey, they just announced Sonic 4, right? Why not an Adventure 3? Although I highly doubt it'll be anything huge, they're hyping up everything nowadays. I'd like to be pleasantly surprised, however.

You know what else could be a possibility maybe? A movie, it'd be cool to see a Sonic movie announced, wouldn't it? I wouldn't get my hopes up but that does indeed sound like it'd be franchise changing to me.

Edited by Solid SOAP

I think it's stupid to announce another new main game when they still have two yet to release. I mean they can have Sonic Riders, Tennis, Baseball, whatever all coming out around the same time because they are obviously spinoffs. However Sonic 4 and Colors are main games and adding another into the mix seems silly. One could end up eating into the interest of the other. Just look at how much the Sonic 4 hype died when Colors was announced. I hope they pace themselves.

Edit:

Also like it or not Sonic 06 basically was Adventure 3. It followed almost the exact same structure as the first Sonic Adventure. Just being named Adventure 3 isn't going to mean a quality game.

Edited by speedfreak

Hey, they just announced Sonic 4, right? Why not an Adventure 3?
Because they already made it.

Goddamn, that name is never going to die, is it? I'll be fucking fifty, still lurking Sonic forums, and still raging at people asking for SA3.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I'm not asking for it or denying the fact that Sonic '06 was pretty much Sonic Adventure 3, but I wouldn't be surprised with the announcement of Sonic 4 and SEGA hyping up more franchise changing shit that they wind up announcing another "reboot" that plays homage to the Adventure games as Sonic 4 does to the Genesis games.

Would an Adventure 3 even have anywhere near the impact of Sonic 4 though? I know I wouldn't get anymore excited just because it carries that name. I think anyone who isn't too thick headed to see we've already got Adventure 3 (in spirit) would agree.

I'm not asking for it or denying the fact that Sonic '06 was pretty much Sonic Adventure 3, but I wouldn't be surprised with the announcement of Sonic 4 and SEGA hyping up more franchise changing shit that they wind up announcing another "reboot" that plays homage to the Adventure games as Sonic 4 does to the Genesis games.

To tell you the truth, I am itching to say something about this statement; but I don't really know what I should emphasize on. On one side, I believe that Sonic 06 is NOT a derivative from the Adventure series; on the other, I wanted to say that a movie can "reboot" the franchise....

I feel a PSYDUCK HEADACHE coming on!

psyduck.gif