Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

An interview at E3 said you can race against friends.
If we're thinking of the same interview, it sounded to me like he was just talking about the leaderboards. So not head-to-head multiplayer racing, but "can you beat my time?" back-and-forth racing.

The big news is clearly that Ken Penders has filed a copyright claim for Sonic the Hedgehog and all related Sega characters. Thus, all forms of Sonic media will from now on be filled with needlessly flowery dialogue and multiple love triangles.

Or due to this copyright legal suit, Ken Penders would be head writer and supervisor for Sonic Team. When Penders makes Julie Su an official char now, we can finally get that useless and idiotic plothole causing love triangle between Knuckles, Julie Su, and Rouge that no one really wanted or demanded with crappy dialogue thrown in :lol: !

Edited by AdventChild

Honestly, I could see a love triangle between Shadow, Rouge, and Knuckles more than Knuckles, Rouge, and Julie-Su. Even so, Rouge doesn't really have interest in Knuckles, and Shadow and Rouge are just close friends. Rouge's only interest in Knuckles is an extraordinary large jewel. The small ones alone make her woozy.

The biggest thing I could see is a new "returning character" popping up in an upcoming game. VA's... I highly doubt it, and besides, I believe AAUK debunked that anyway.

Honestly, we'll just have to wait.

My ideas about how to make something franchise changing but not blowing up the entire thing in the process:

------------------------------------------------------------

- Sonic Team (or part of it) moves to another place (America?).

- Choose one of many Sonic desings and say this is our Sonic and stick with it.

- Giving Knuckles his OVA hat. (It is franchise changing to me, not to mention extremely badass. B) )

- Announcing there will be Sonic games in full 3D (despite the fact that Nintendo already announced that in E3)

- New member joins Sonic Team.

- SEGA buys Dimps (or something similar that ensure we will have lots of DIMPTASTIC games in the future).

- Something about the Hedgehog Engine.

- Rename Sonic 06 to Sonic Adventure 3.

- Tails is a girl (sorry, I had to do it)

- A new contract with an indumentary company, meaning that now Sonic and/or other characters will be wearing something from that company.

- Sonic City re-opens

- A movie or TV Show.

- Some Archie related stuff.

- Some "we are going to be more involved with the community from now on like we are doing with Sonic 4" thing.

------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I can think right now.

p.d: If I go to Sonic City the internet sends me to the ASR Site. xD

Edited by gato

I bet I know what it's going to be... SEGA are going to be renewing deals with food companies :lol:

Remember these UK?

BeansCans.jpg

Remember these America?

6a00d83452033569e201156f8930f6970c-800wi1.jpg

Remember these Australia?

AusHeinzCan.jpg

Epic food post

:o

Remember the sonic that appeared in that pickle Jar?

supersonicgherkins.jpg

Edited by gato

Eh, I'm not gonna get really hyped up or excited for this news. It seems like whenever Sega announces an announcement, it ends up being pretty disappointing in the end. So I'm just gonna remain 100% neutral and wait it out.

Still, I'm kinda hoping they don't change the voice actors. I know that there's potential improvement if they do, but the 4kids cast has improved a lot over the years and it wouldn't feel right to just throw them out now. I'd also like the Sonic cast to have consistent voices.

Remember these America?

6a00d83452033569e201156f8930f6970c-800wi1.jpg

Oh God, I absolutely loved those. If this is the "franchise changing" news, then I'd be pretty happy. :P

Remember these UK?

BeansCans.jpg

They also had Sonic and Knuckles pasta shapes but I can't find a photo of them.

Guys, even if it's not game changing, AAUK said that it was 'something to look forward to'.

So that must be a good thing, right? ....right? D:

If we're thinking of the same interview, it sounded to me like he was just talking about the leaderboards. So not head-to-head multiplayer racing, but "can you beat my time?" back-and-forth racing.

I believe we are. But couple it with the other thing I said. If there's no multiplayer of any kind then would have flat out denied it, like with Unleashed and S4.

I'm a bit worried about this "franchise changing" thing. I hope it's nothing too controversial. I'd like to believe it will be good news, but the way it was worded makes me worry...

From Sonic Retro's topic on this news -

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=21726&view=findpost&p=478133

Saying anything in this fanbase can technically lead to dumb and pointless speculation SS to be fair(!) Though you do get some really good debates more often than not. I kind of regretted saying it that way immediately, even if I did obviously (I thought) say it all overdramatically - it wasn't a deliberate case of deliberately announcing an announcement. More a case of "whats coming next week? Well there's a couple of things to look forward to." but yeah I've seen some corkers so far in terms of guesses.

I'd just wait for Thursday and then you can all have a go at me to your hearts content and start chewing over whats actually been revealed. It should certainly provoke discussion.

Correct. Now please hold still...

Not specifically game related... eh, you'll see.

As I guessed, it has something to do with the games but the games aren't the overall focus with this news. AAUK says it will provoke discussion, we all know nothing provokes more discussion in the fanbase than voice actor debates :lol:

As I guessed, it has something to do with the games but the games aren't the overall focus with this news. AAUK says it will provoke discussion, we all know nothing provokes more discussion in the fanbase than voice actor debates :lol:

It probably means i's going to provoke discussion because a lot of people will feel underwhelmed after being hyped by nothing like with some recent announcements.

Sorry to sound like an ass, this doesn't express my feelings at all.

Ok...

Part of me thinks that this might be some kind of new Sega download service, something like all past Sonic games being up for download via PSN and XBL, well you can dream.... then another big part of me is reminded of the events that happened to me a few weeks ago.

It was such a random thing I actually asked Shadz if he knew anything about it or had been given similar news tip offs, whilst back then I didn't believe it for a second, now I am wondering if it could be true or if there is a hint of truth to it.

So remember when T-bird made his video of the Sonic hotel room and we were all shocked at the voice that greets you when you enter the room? How we all said it was terrible and sounded nothing like sonic? Then a few weeks later this a new voice actor that nobody had heard of?

Here is the direct link to that advert. I cannot find a better quality of the video.

That voice, I am around 90% certain is the same guy who does the door noises in the Sonic Hotel room. It would make sense for him to do the door and the advert voices from both a PR and resources perspective.

Now, a few weeks ago I stayed at the Sonic Hotel Room in Alton Towers, so I heard the door greetings a lot,

At 1:33 theres a number of different clips from this guy so you can compare.

So earlier on someone leaves me a youtube comment saying "He sounds just like the demo voice from Sonic Color's E3 demo." So curiously I had a look at one of the colours gameplay videos to compare.

Now in that video, Sonics grunts and noises are NOT the bloke who does the Alton Towers voice, this I am certain. Both because I know what Sonic's current voice sounds like, and that was it. But also, I've heard the Alton Towers guy a number of times over the last few days and it's NOT him. Definately not.

Then someone said... "No we don't mean sonic! We mean the announcer in the game." So I looked back and again, the guy who does the "GOOD! GREAT! AWESOME!" (At around 1:35 if indeed thats the guy everyone is on about), again, it's NOT the Alton Towers guy! It's just not him, his pitch, tone and even delivery of dialogue is totally different from the guy in the demo. Yes you can alter this slightly, but the problem... go back to that ASR video, his voice is spead up there, and it sounds nothing like the dude in the demo.

Ok so it's not been spead up it's been slowed... Nope... no chance. Had it been slowed it would be even slower and deeper than the voice in the hotel videos. Thats the Alton Tower guy's slowest delivery of dialogue, it's very deep and very precise in what he's saying, the announcer here is another dude.

So what? Well..... after I asked about this in the status update box.... I suddenly get the following PM... I shall keep the identity of this fellow silent... But I do NOT believe it to be anyone working with or involved with Sega.

What do you know about this new VA? This information is supposed to stay confidential until Sega announces it.

So... thats not happened to me before... Rest assured I don't believe for a second that this guy is from Sega, or has any involvement with them. Why? Well if he was honest with his profile, theres no way he works for sega.

I then ask him who he is.

I'm just a Sonic player who is good with detective work.

And I have the right friends, so that helps.

I'd like to know what you know, though, since the recent status updates made it look as if you knew something.

Yeah, you and everyone else from GameFAQs, I think to myself. I now tell him that I know he doesn't work for sega as I've had chats with people both involved directly and as contracted to them, so I know how they talk to fans, and this guy is not someone who works for them, and given my relationship with the people I've spoken with in the past, I would certainly not go behind their back or betray their trust if I had found something out.

I then get this message.

I'm not asking you to betray anyones, I was just curious. If you promised to keep your lips sealed, I don't want to know what you know. [:

I have talked to [name removed by gnasher] too, in fact, I am the one who suggested Into the Wind for ASR. [removed] ended up being a DS-exclusive song.

A few months ago, I learned from an important figure of this story. I'll be vague with what I know, since just like you, I too have promised secrecy.

The first is someone I've been in contact with for a while. I heard a not-so-nice story about the way a certain someone was treated; if you know what I know, you know what this is.

The second was a case in which I was in a conversation with someone else, they hinted at Sonic's new voice. When I noticed, they told me they had said too much already, and to ask him again when the story was public.

When it seemed as if you knew something, I decided to just ask. My policy is that that it is better to have asked then not to know at all.

I don't want to know anything that you have sworn secrecy to any more than you want to know my secrets.

Thank you.

To me this sounds like absolute bollocks on a collosal scale. Someone was not treated very nicely... who? Jason? Or is this just another re-cycled Ryan story? A new voice actor has been hired and is recording voices for sega? Again, highly doubtful. Why is it doubful? Look at all the trailers we've seen for Sonic colours, those are Jasons voices there not a new bloke. Every time the voice actors have been changed, the trailers have always had the new voice actors there. Sonic Riders had it from the first gameplay trailer, and for some reason I think Shadows game had it too (not sure on that one though).

The only time that VA's have been re-cycled is for stuff like racing games and party play stuff. There is no way that they would re-cycle voice actors for ingame content on a game like colours, utterly no chance.

But also... if the voice actors had been changed... why hasn't Eggmans voice altered? Mike is as far as we're aware still Eggman, he has a lot of new dialogue in those E3 trailers too for goodness sake. Changing the VA's is a big move to make, we had it once and it was to tie in with Sonic X.... so it sorta made sense in a way to do it... not popular no... but it made sense in an odd way.

But the more I think about it, the more I can't help but think "How long does Jason have left before Sega ask him, or he decides to move on?"

So I think my biggest question is... does anyone have or know of anything that makes any of this story from this random guy true? Has there been some kind of fallout? Is Jason still the voice? I don't believe this bloke for a second with this story. Not as it stands at all. Jason is also the voice for a number of other characters, some have pretty big roles, Jet for instance... he too is in a recent Sonic Free Riders isn't he? Surely they would not ask Jason to step down when they had A LOT of work for him? Nor would Jason turn down all that work?

So thats it... the most obvious way to find out... Ask Jason Griff... I don't wish to start a shitstorm by posting that, especially since it's mostly rumour and nothing solid, but it does sound a little suspect with all the random Sonic voice actors for Alton and the announcer guys.

A line of Sonic lingerie?! :blink:

sonicpants-1.jpg

Sonicpants.jpg

YEAH! CAN YOU FEEL MY HOG BABY!

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm... so it could be a new Sonic voice actor? Eh.... I'm not buying it. I mean, isn't it a bit late to change Sonic's voice over negative fan reaction? Plus, as Gnasher himself pointed out, Mike Pollock is still Eggman, and the only reason 4Kids replaced the old actors was because the loss of one, due to contractual agreements. Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that, if one actor changes, they all do?

So I kinda doubt it, but I'm not discrediting it either. I just think it'll be beyond trivial and not franchise changing at all if that's the case. Then again, the internet would probably disagree.

Edited by EXshad

There's not actually been any voices in the Colours trailers, we've heard no voices in Free Riders and Sonic 4 of course has no voices so they've had plenty of time to change voices. In Colours gameplay we've heard Jason's Sonic grunts but no actual lines though so they could have recycled those from past games, we've heard Mike's Eggman in the PA announcements. So perhaps only Jason could be getting changed? There has been one time a voice got changed after a trailer, Sonic '06's Silver voice was different to the trailer in the final game.

I'm not saying that random guy is telling the truth or that I believe him though, unless there is substantial evidence I don't believe anything until it comes from SEGA or their developers.

Random internet guy usually says a lot of things. But when it comes to the 4kids guys, how long do they have left before they have to move on or simply decide themselves to move on.

I don't believe the random guy who got in touch at all, the biggest "NO" to this is the fact that Eggman is still Mike. It's just that this franchise chaning news isn't one specific thing, AAUK says "does alter some things…" So it would be the case then that a few things are going to change, even if it's not big things then its a lot of smaller stuff, it's just now a question of "What do we consider to be big?"

So with this VA bullshit going down right now I went to Jason's Facebook and sent him a message about it not sure when I will get a reply (or will I even get one) hopefully he can say something about it lol

Crash > Jason Griffith: Hey Jason, are you doing the voice of Sonic again in the upcoming Sonic Colours (Colors) Wii video game ? if you can confirm you are then that will be awesome
Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

A voice cast change would be such bullshit. No one (sane) really even complains about the voices anymore. In fact most reviews mention the voice work is pretty good, even if they give the game itself a 4/10 or whatever. Are we really supposed to look forward to new voices? I think most people are comfortable with the 4kids cast and to change shit up now would just be jarring IMO.

• Thumbs Up 2

I doubt it has anything to do with VA's, period. I'm still not sure what to think of this, though. We'll just have to wait...

Oh lord, please let it not be another VA change... anything but that. We've had the current cast for half a decade, they're a lot better than they were when they started, and I thought they were fine even then. I love consistency more than I care about quality anyway, and right now I'm satisfied even with that. I really doubt that's what this announcement is actually about, though.

Otherwise, though, I'm pretty curious. There aren't many "franchise-changing" announcements that can be made with two major games in the pipeline. Until it was shot down, a new TV series or somesuch was my best guess.

I thought we were over the whole "franchise changing" thing. Wasn't it clarified that AAUK was being overly dramatic to joke around and that this announcement is just a neat surprise?

Sonic will be redesigned again.

5z2tk9.jpg

No one changes franchises like Gaston.

• Thumbs Up 2

Omg, I loved the Sonic pasta when I was younger! Bring back the pasta!

You know what would be franchise changing? Character deaths. :P

Edited by empires

Actually, would a design change be a major thing?

It would change the franchise in that each character would look different, but thats not really a problem since Sonic's design has altered over the years along with the other guys.

We're approaching the 20th anniversary and with Sonic 4, would a total character re-design be a major controversy?

I think AAUK needs to put a countdown in his profile, countdown to franchise changing news, then when the countdown ends, theres another countdown! COUNTDOWN!

Edited by Gnasher