Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

The guy who does Sonic started off a little meh with Riders and Shadow but from SATSR onward I think he's done a great job. He gets even better with every new game too, and Eggman's voice is near perfect.

I feel the same way. Griffith has really come a ways since doing Sonic X ("If you can push it before I grab it!" Remember that guys?). When I got to playing Sonic Unleashed I really thought he had Sonic down and SatBK further supported that belief. I have nothing against Drummond, I think he was amazing at being Sonic like most people, but Griffith is proving that he's perfectly capable of taking over.

And Eggman is perfect. I remember when I tried to watch Sonic X when it premiered on Fox; I hated EVERYONE'S VA, except his! He's amazing! I think the only difference that the previous Eggman had was that he sounded more menacing and Pollock reminds me more of the Japanese Eggman.

And even still that doesn't bother me one bit!!

The random guy Gnasher was talking about has been in touch with me via PM and has shown me an interesting piece of his evidence regarding the Sonic's voice actor change thing but he's asked me not to show it here since 2 of his 3 sources have him sworn to not reveal it publically. It does seem very credible, that's all I can say and will say. I won't post my personal thoughts and oppinion on this since I'm staff representing the site here and I respect SEGA so much. Don't want to cause any bother to anyone.

The random guy Gnasher was talking about has been in touch with me via PM and has shown me an interesting piece of his evidence regarding the Sonic's voice actor change thing but he's asked me not to show it here since 2 of his 3 sources have him sworn to not reveal it publically. It does seem very credible, that's all I can say and will say. I won't post my personal thoughts and oppinion on this since I'm staff representing the site here and I respect SEGA so much.

Areyou crazy? Out the source, out the info! Viewers are far important than 'respect' and 'decency'.

Gotta love ya Shadz. I anticipate Thursday hugely now.

EDIT: Okay, so I just listen to the AT voice in the Cas's videos. He's not really really awful, it sounds more like he's got shit lines and terrible direction. It's sort of in between Ryan and Jason, and a lot shoutier (new word!). We'll have to hear him properly before we can fully pass judgement (assuming this is the news). And hey, if there are new VA's I can't wait to hear Tails, Charmy and Omega. But the idea of a new Eggman voice worries me... Pollock does such a perfect Eggman.

Edited by Blue Blood

The guy doesn't know if it will be this Thursdays update or if the whole cast is changing, all he knows is Sonic's VA has been changed as is shown in the evidence and he says Mike Pollock won't be affected. Lets just leave it at that now as I've passed on the info I can, I really don't want to cause any trouble or be seen as one of the trolls we all hate so much.

Say, does anyone actually know who this guy is, like with an actual name? Maybe then we could see what else he has done and I'd also hate to keep calling him the Alton Towers guy.

If it is a voice change, that will be interesting and weird... mainly cause I'm so very much used to the voice at the moment.

Say, does anyone actually know who this guy is, like with an actual name? Maybe then we could see what else he has done and I'd also hate to keep calling him the Alton Towers guy.

If it is a voice change, that will be interesting and weird... mainly cause I'm so very much used to the voice at the moment.

I've been trying to figure out who he is for months, but for the time being I've just called him CONSOLES and will do so until he is revealed.

He's just been in touch with me also saying "I should read this topic" and I have... yeah... nothing much to go on really. Yes shadz I believe it is the same guy we're talking about.

Say, does anyone actually know who this guy is, like with an actual name?

Not sure if I should say who it is or not, but they have posted in this topic. Although as you all know from the whole ASR DLC thing. I don't like playing the "Oh I know something you don't know" game.

If you're asking me, is this guy a mystic meg, psychic cid or mystic mac, I don't believe so, to me he sounds like some guy who knows a guy who isn't doing a very good job at keeping his mouth shut. And if you're read my posts previous, you know how I feel about those kinds of people.

With regards to the Alton Towers guy. I do not think that bloke will be the next Sonic VA, Alton typically do a lot of their own adverts and chances are either Jason or 'his replacement' simply couldn't be there, Alton would have filmed/recorded their stuff here in the UK, so a plane trip just to do a few VA's... can't see it happening.

Edited by Gnasher

The guy says I can say - I know who it is(which I do) and it is about as trustworthy as a source as Sonic's voice actor goes.

That's the last thing I'm saying though for reasons given earlier.

He's just been in touch with me also saying "I should read this topic" and I have... yeah... nothing much to go on really.

Not sure if I should say who it is or not, but they have posted in this topic. Although as you all know from the whole ASR DLC thing. I don't like playing the "Oh I know something you don't know" game.

Me neither, I don't want to be known as a troll either.

Fine, I'll go to bed now, not knowing anything more. HMPH! I hope you're happy!fordoingtherightthing

Fine, I'll go to bed now, not knowing anything more. HMPH! I hope you're happy!fordoingtherightthing

Ok then. I'm the new Sonic voice actor. I'm also doing Robotniks voice for the brand new PS3 exclusive Sonic BLU 3D game next year.

In 2014 I shall also be providing Amy and Bigs voice for their new game "Big and Amy: I was violated by the Smurf love queen"

There you go, TSS exclusive.

The guy says I can say - I know who it is(which I do) and it is about as trustworthy as a source as Sonic's voice actor goes.

That's the last thing I'm saying though for reasons given earlier.

If you wanted to... it could go down as a rumour, TSS has posted them before, although I don't like them unless theres something to back it up.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok then. I'm the new Sonic voice actor. I'm also doing Robotniks voice for the brand new PS3 exclusive Sonic BLU 3D game next year.

In 2014 I shall also be providing Amy and Bigs voice for their new game "Big and Amy: I was violated by the Smurf love queen"

If you wanted to... it could go down as a rumour, TSS has posted them before, although I don't like them unless theres something to back it up.

Yeah, I was thinking about that but there's nothing substantial I could post up even for a rumour. If I could post up the item shown to me then I probably could but I was asked not to reveal it. I don't want to cause a shitstorm for TSS, SEGA and the community either.

If it really is a new voice actor for Sonic, then I must say that's a completely unnecessary change. Stupid even.

The only current VAs that I have (small) issues with are the ones for Tails and Knuckles.

Edited by Chooch

He's just been in touch with me also saying "I should read this topic" and I have... yeah... nothing much to go on really. Yes shadz I believe it is the same guy we're talking about.

If you're asking me, is this guy a mystic meg, psychic cid or mystic mac, I don't believe so, to me he sounds like some guy who knows a guy who isn't doing a very good job at keeping his mouth shut. And if you're read my posts previous, you know how I feel about those kinds of people.

With regards to the Alton Towers guy. I do not think that bloke will be the next Sonic VA, Alton typically do a lot of their own adverts and chances are either Jason or 'his replacement' simply couldn't be there, Alton would have filmed/recorded their stuff here in the UK, so a plane trip just to do a few VA's... can't see it happening.

I was actually just asking for a name of the guy from the advert. :P

No, they wouldn't of got the VA to fly here... that's too expensive but surely they might of just recorded the lines in the States and sent the files over to Alton Towers or SOA and SOE just working together on it?

Oh... you're doing this aswell as being a new writer for the Sonic comics? You multi talented person you :P

Edited by Ashley Marsh

Man, new VAs at this point would just be lame. I mean, I only just recently started enjoying the current ones...and it's not like this'll go over well; no matter who it is or what he sounds like, some people (maybe most) are going to be pissed on principle.

No, they wouldn't of got the VA to fly here... that's too expensive but surely they might of just recorded the lines in the States and sent the files over to Alton Towers or SOA and SOE just working together on it?

Oh that guy,

No idea... well actually, there would be one way to find out.... email Alton Towers. It would take ages to get an answer though (if indeed you would ever get an answer).

I for one can confirm the legitimacy of the existence of this anonymous tipster giving info to Cas and Shadz! I hired the Team Chatix Detective Agency to assist me in my sleuthing work. The specific infos regarding this possible voice actor change I cannot confirm, however - and I would really rather not unveil the identity of this user seeing as I don't want to get them into trouble. You know how these corporate shenanigans work.

But hey, I just want to get the word out there that Casanova and Shadzter are not collaborating staff trolls. (Not that anybody was doubting you guys, anyways. :P)

Personally, I don't really see the need for Sonic getting a new voice actor. He's improved drastically over the years since his Sonic X days, and I'd say that he's just about perfected Sonic's voice now. Defeating it here, now would do nothing just sounds totally unnecessary, if you ask me. : \

Rouge on the other hand...

Edited by HunterTSF

I sent a friend request to Jason on Facebook about an hour ago and he's accepted, I wrote this on his wall -

Thanks for accepting my friend request, big fan of your voice work on the Sonic games.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1549905270866#!/profile.php?id=635123568

to which he replied to me via PM instead of commenting on the post -

Hey Dale,

Thanks, man! I dig it.

Jason

to which I replied -

You're welcome! :) I look forward to hearing more of your work, I bet SEGA are keeping you busy with upcoming games Sonic Colours and Sonic Free Riders aren't they?

Dale

No idea if he'll answer that question though, Crash posted the question phrased differently on his wall earlier this evening before he went to bed and Jason hasn't commented but hopefully he PM'd Crash as he did me.

Photo proof of my convo, lets hope I hear something.

fbjasonme.jpg

I think Jason's a great voice actor for Sonic now, there's really no need to change him after the big improvement he's made since his early days.

• Thumbs Up 2

As much as I was indifferent to Jason back in the day, especially in comparison to Ryan, I'd be sad to see him go now. He's improved immensely, and it's now to the point that Sonic and Jason are synonymous in my mind. Letting him go at this point would be a little sad, especially if he's the only one going anywhere.

Although, considering how the fanbase has treated him over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if such a decision, if true, would be of his own accord. xP

• Thumbs Up 2

...Damn. D:

Jason's improved so much over the years and I (as well as many others) have gotten used to him. Not to mention how much I hate the fact that this just adds to Sonic's inconsistency with voices. Mario's had one main voice actor since 1996, why can't Sonic? Why on earth would Sega fire him after years of improvement? Unless Sonic's new voice actor is excellent, I'll be really disappointed about this.

EDIT: Although, to be honest, I'd be pretty happy if they brought back Ryan.

Edited by gamerguy21

Actually... there's a thought. I guess that would sort of count as "franchise-changing" news, since Jason voices so many characters: not just Sonic, but Shadow and Jet as well. And, er, Professor Pickle's assistant?

I guess they'd all need to be recast as well if he departed. Pity; I've grown accustomed to his voice...

I know it's just speculation but i'd be really happy if they changed jason griffith into some proffesional voice actor. Sonic's character apeal went downhill from sonic adventure 2. While sonic had the same voice as Sonic adventure(which I liked). from sa2 his character was just a bit too much. Owkaayyy, Allrightt!! bring it on!!

ugghh

Edited by Jaouad
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 4

I know it's just speculation but i'd be really happy if they changed jason griffith into some proffesional voice actor. Sonic's character apeal went downhill from sonic adventure 2. While sonic had the same voice as Sonic adventure(which I liked) from sa2 his character was just a bit too much. Owkaayyy, Allrightt!! bring it on!!

ugghh

Anyone have any idea who this guy is?

Rest of the forum: No.

Ok moving on then.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1