Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I don't think his voice is that bad, but it almost sounds like he's trying too hard to copy Jason... though, listening to the altered clip of what he recorded for the Sonic Room, it sounds pretty solid.

But I ain't gonna judge until Sonic Colors come out. I just think it's cool that now, the Sonic franchise has some really well-known, semi-A list actors behind it (all while keeping the beloved Mike Pollock, of course), rather than a dubbing corporation that has gone down in infamy as one of the worst. I'm just curious as to who the rest of the cast is at this point.

Still, while I hate 4Kids, I like a lot of their actors, and I thought a good chunk of the voices were well-cast. Though now that the slate's clear, maybe Sega find voices that fit everyone.

Edited by EXshad

I neither want him to sound like Jason. It's the whole reason why I wanted Jason gone, and now Roger is trying to copy. That's no good

In Alton Towers... trying to copy Jason... you're kidding, right...? He's not even TRYING to sound like Sonic at all, let alone "copying" Jason or Ryan. Jason SOUNDED just like Ryan to me. I didn't mind him at all. I'm expecting Roger to be better in the game itself, but be sounds like crap at Alton Towers. And this is coming from a guy who constantly defended Jason's voice and saying he wasn't any better or worse than Ryan.

Again... the Alton Room sounds poor because the voice has not had any 'treatment'. The speaker is on top of a wardrobe behind a palm tree and it's being recorded via a video camera mic... It's never going to sound great.

Also. Sonics VA is always going to sound similar, Sega have an idea for Sonics voice and it's never going to be too radically different from whats come previously.

In Alton Towers... trying to copy Jason... you're kidding, right...? He's not even TRYING to sound like Sonic at all, let alone "copying" Jason or Ryan. Jason SOUNDED just like Ryan to me. I didn't mind him at all. I'm expecting Roger to be better in the game itself, but be sounds like crap at Alton Towers. And this is coming from a guy who constantly defended Jason's voice and saying he wasn't any better or worse than Ryan.

Jason sounded just like Ryan? Hahaha no. The two were very different, not only in the voice they gave Sonic but the way they spoke. Roger is trying to sound like Jason (who was trying to sound like Ryan but failed though didn't sound bad), presumably by request to keep some continuity.

Jason sounded just like Ryan? Hahaha no. The two were very different, not only in the voice they gave Sonic but the way they spoke. Roger is trying to sound like Jason (who was trying to sound like Ryan but failed though didn't sound bad), presumably by request to keep some continuity.

If he was trying to copy Jason, then the only examples of his voice all must've come from 06.

Maybe he sounds like Ryan to SOME people, but TRYING to sound like Ryan?

As a matter of fact, yes he was. I thought this was common knowledge already. When 4kids held auditions, they played clips of the games, and told the actors to match them as best as they could. The only exception is Rouge. I don't know what the hell happened there, but it sucked >_>

As a matter of fact, yes he was. I thought this was common knowledge already. When 4kids held auditions, they played clips of the games, and told the actors to match them as best as they could. The only exception is Rouge. I don't know what the hell happened there, but it sucked >_>

Don't forget Tails. :V

Don't forget Tails. :V

And Charmy. Nah, it's clear than most of the voices were supposed to be like the Heroes cast. I could tell them all apart, right from the similar ones like Omega to the odd ones like Rouge, but yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

It never gets old lol

Yes, it does. =(

Is SEGA going to Gamercon?

Edited by Ryusuke

I thought this was common knowledge already. When 4kids held auditions, they played clips of the games, and told the actors to match them as best as they could. The only exception is Rouge.

Find_the_Computer_Room_by_adamis.png

You forgot someone.

Edited by EXshad

The voice was similar. It sounded God awful, but was similar. And when Dan Green took over as Vector he sounded exactly like the Heroes one. Even more than Espio.

The voice in Shadow didn't sound at all similar. He went from sounding like a stereotypical tough guy in Sonic Heroes to someone doing a shitty Yoda impersonation. And sure, afterwards Dan Green did a great job, but we barely heard much of anything from him.

In Sonic X is marginally closer, but it still sounds far off. Weevil Underwood's voice isn't tough, and isn't Brooklyn.

I mean, I don't care who voices the minor characters, let alone some one as useless as Vector; in fact I kinda liked his Shadow voice. It was so awesomely bad, I had to laugh every time he said something :P It just sounds pretty different to me, is all.

Edited by EXshad

Sit the actor down with the games, comics, cartoons and other media.

But Sonic Team Sonic is not Archie Sonic who is also not Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Sonic nor SatAM Sonic or Sonic X Sonic or even Sonic Underground Sonic. Can't really grasp the feeling of one character that well if there are over six completely different interpretations of the guy who may have personality traits or various other character aspects that outright contradict one another's, no? It'd be like shoehorning all of Marvel's alternate continuity Spider-Men into one character. It just... wouldn't work. Sonic Team Sonic is Sonic Team Sonic. If that's who Smith's voicing, he should base his voice off of that one character and that one character alone.

Oh, and speaking of Espio - I wonder who's gonna voice him now? I liked Wills. D:

Did you know the guy who voiced Espio also voiced the Duke of Soleanna? You do now.

*Looks back a page.* Wait, what? How amateur can that recording get? They combined two actors to get all the lines? :|

pso1280253678.png

It never gets old lol

I always used to imagine that the big purple thing in thew tube was some kind of Meseta bank. They need to be able to store a lot there, what with people constantly doing TTF runs.

The direction they took with Sonic's voice always sounds so forced, like he's always yelling or something. This goes for both Roger and Jason. I haven't heard Ryan in a while, so I can't really comment.

Edited by Phos

Hm, well, yeah, actually they do sound alike. A lot of people I know who are Sonic fans can't even tell the difference unless I point it out to them. While I agree they aren't the same, they are similar.

I doubt it. A 4Kids rep said they never played the games and if that wasn't true, Gamma wouldn't have sounded the way he did.

Yes, it does. =(

Is SEGA going to Gamercon?

No. And its Gamescom xP

About Espio: The guy who voiced him in Rivals 2 sounded good, but could've acted better.

We're getting silly now, arguing over who did or didn't sound like who... Different people hear things differently, to some people the differences between Ryan and Jason are minimal, to others they can hear the differences more clearly... This is evidenced in the fact that so many people just can't seem to tell that that Alton Towers recording is not a natural human voice, that it's being played back too slow (and too low pitched as well as a result)...

Isn't anybody going to listen to my fixed clip?

Isn't anybody going to listen to my fixed clip?

No need, I can change the pitch myself. I already noted what you were talking about.

No. And its Gamescom xP

D'oh! D= Ah, shucks. I just wish SEGA would release some sort of trailer soon. Just so it can stop this madness....maybe. o_O

Edited by Ryusuke

From Roger's Facebook wall in the comments section of a post about him being Sonic's new VA -

rogercraigsmithfbcommen.jpg

He just posted it about 20 mins ago now, maybe this will put some confidence in folks :P That Alex there is who used to be Spax3 on YouTube by the way :lol:

EDIT:

Re-taken the pic with Alex's comment expanded :P

Fucking Spax. It's no surprise he's already trying to get Smith to sound exactly like whatever twisted image he has for Sonic. Anyway, I have faith that Roger will improve himself. He's an actually good voice actor, after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wish that twat would just shut his own voice box for once and stop trying to manipulate every bugger involved with Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3