Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Poor Roger Craig Smith, he has absolutely no idea what he's let himself in for... actually, it's only a week or two in and looking at those Facebook comments he most probably does. =X

As much as we all would like him to sound like that voice in his demo reel, it's SEGA who tell him the directions he should take and what / who he should sound like, not the fans. It's just a job at the end of the day- I say stop pestering him and let him get on with his work, but saying that he probably doesn't care. Congratulations and words of encouragement are lovely, though!

Edited by bolt7
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr Smith must not be a huge fan of Sonic because any one who knows the Sonic fanbase would never willingly allow themselves to become subject to wrath of the fanboys. Poor guy...but yeah he's screwed.

From Roger's Facebook wall in the comments section of a post about him being Sonic's new VA -

rogercraigsmithfbcommen.jpg

Is it weird that I find this kind of embarrassing? I hope he doesn't get the impression that Sonic fans are all clingy and suffocating. There's no need for these people to keep posting over and over again. Especially not Spax.

Anyway, I'm sure the voice is going to go through a number of changes before it's perfected. It happens all the time- especially with characters like Sonic or Eggman, who don't really have "natural" voices.

I find myself thinking that the headset guy (not the loud guy who says the tittle) from the first Hydro Thunder might be a pretty good voice for Sonic, though it could have something to do with how he's made to sound as though he's talking through a radio.

I'm having the hardest time figuring out what I don't like about Sonic's voice, aside from the obvious "bouncing" his VA's do. Sometimes I think it might be because they have a hard time getting it out, but I don't really feel sure of that.

*Shoots Spax* XD

So he asking Roger to voice Sonic how Spax wants Sonic to sound like why am I not surprised at that :|, I left a little comment as well which I'm going to post now telling him to do Sonic the way he wants to do it or Sonic Team/SEGA wants him to do it and not listen to fans like Alex (Spax) lol I will get flamed probably after this good thing my profile is private XD

• Thumbs Up 1

*Shoots Spax* XD

So he asking Roger to voice Sonic how Spax wants Sonic to sound like why am I not surprised at that :|, I left a little comment as well which I'm going to post now telling him to do Sonic the way he wants to do it or Sonic Team/SEGA wants him to do it and not listen to fans like Alex (Spax) lol I will get flamed probably after this good thing my profile is private XD

...but you're a fan yourself, aren't you? Then technically speaking, he should listen to you either!

Ohohohoho paradox!

But in all seriousness (because talking hedgehogs is serious business), I fully agree with that. He shall go by what the almighty Sonikku Chimu and SEGA-sama want. He's in a bittersweet situation right now though. He's now the lead VA of a franchise that pops out new games out the wazoo, and I'm really happy for him, and I'ma let him finish, but he has to deal with one of the most insane fanbases of all time. One of the most insane fanbases of all time!

Edited by HunterTSF

...but you're a fan yourself, aren't you? Then technically speaking, he should listen to you either!

Ohohohoho paradox!

Yes, but anyone's opinion is better than Spax's. Fact! :lol:

Ohohohoho paradox!

What Shadz said XD and here what I said in the comments anyway if any of you can't be bothered going to his page and I'm tired so it might not make much sense XD

2le6pp5.jpg

Edited by Crash

From Roger's Facebook wall in the comments section of a post about him being Sonic's new VA -

rogercraigsmithfbcommen.jpg

He just posted it about 20 mins ago now, maybe this will put some confidence in folks :P That Alex there is who used to be Spax3 on YouTube by the way :lol:

EDIT:

Re-taken the pic with Alex's comment expanded :P

The battle continues : next time on Friday at 9pm....DON'T MISS IT!

thattornadoiscattyingac.png

Anyways, I befriended Roger on Facebook now. I have high hopes for him but right now he just has to prove he could do better than what he did at Alton Towers. Honestly I know he can do better, because all he has to do is use some of the first voice on his demo reel. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyways, I befriended Roger on Facebook now. I have high hopes for him but right now he just has to prove he could do better than what he did at Alton Towers. Honestly I know he can do better, because all he has to do is use some of the first voice on his demo reel. :P

Speaking of, can someone give me the link to his demo reel please? I must have missed where it was posted and I can't seem to find it... :)

^ Thanks! That first voice does sound quite Sonic-y in a way. I think Roger Craig Smith will be good for Sonic with a bit of practice. :)

I thought "You're too slow!" replaced that as Griffith's most infamous line.

Yeah, but unfortunately, he couldn't push it before he grabbed it.

Hence "You're too slow."

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I the only one who thought Griffith sounded BETTER when he first started voicing Sonic? Much more subdued, instead of belting out lines like "YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW!"

Edited by PC the Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Am I the only one who thought Griffith sounded BETTER when he first started voicing Sonic? Much more subdued, instead of belting out lines like "YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW!"

Sonic shouldn't sound subdued.

Am I the only one who thought Griffith sounded BETTER when he first started voicing Sonic?

Same.

That's no good. You were about to crash because you were too slow to check out the consoles. Strange, isn't it?

Had to do it.

I was too busy looking at that tornado carrying a car... D:

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic shouldn't sound subdued.

I prefer him sounding subdued to him overacting all his lines.

I prefer him sounding subdued to him overacting all his lines.

The two are totally different.

That's no good. You were about to crash because you were too slow to check out the consoles. Strange, isn't it?

Had to do it.

But will it still be Halloween all year round?

• Thumbs Up 1