Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I prefer him sounding subdued to him overacting all his lines.

The character isn't very subdued, though, that's the thing. Overacting is one thing, but...he's supposed to sound really energetic and such.

Edited by Ryusuke

In cutscenes like this (specifically talking about the second part), Sonic sounds calm but never subdued. Like, you know, the way he should sound in such a situation. He still has the that youthful and happy bounce about his voice without sounding subdued. (And by 'bounce', I don't mean the way that Griffith has a weird fluctuating pitch all the time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM_98JkGJJk

Edited by Blue Blood

Am I the only one who thought Griffith sounded BETTER when he first started voicing Sonic? Much more subdued, instead of belting out lines like "YOU'RE TOO SLOOOOOOOWWWWWW!"

Skip to 3:38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47YgdOaNAso&feature=related

Hm, yeah, looking back, I guess his voice was different for the character. It sounded higher and more Jaleel-esque. I kinda wish he kept using it rather then the deeper 'floaty' one that he started to use in Riders.

Also Knux sounds different at 3:01, infact, they all do in this ep. (it's episode 3)

Edited by Ferno

Boy, Jason's Sonic and Dan Green's Knux sounded a lot better back then. They must have forgotten how to do those kind of voices...somehow. Ah, well, doesn't matter now.

Perhaps "subdued" isn't the best term for Jason's early Sonic work. I suppose "smooth" would fit better. I think Blue Blood nailed it on the head when he spoke of Jason's fluctuating pitch. He didn't have that problem very much when he first started voicing the character.

As for Knuckles, yeah, I definitely think he sounded better when Dan gave him a smooth tough guy voice instead of the gruffer, more oafish voice he devolved into.

That was so cool, and kind of worrysome, since that prooves that he is actually watching us whining and crying about TEH CONZOLES!!1! EDIT: WOOAAHH!!

Then again, maybe that's something good...

Edited by gato
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was so cool, and kind of worrysome, since that prooves that he is actually watching us whining and crying about TEH CONZOLES!!1! EDIT: WOOAAHH!!

Then again, maybe that's something good...

How? If there's anything bad about the performance, it's already too late to change it since he's recorded Sonic Colors months ago.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

How? If there's anything bad about the performance, it's already too late to change it since he's recorded Sonic Colors months ago.

Cause Sonic Colours is the last ever Sonic game, right?

Sorry. To say that in a less arsey way, there's always time for improvement. Even if his voice is awful in Colours, things can change over time.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cause Sonic Colours is the last ever Sonic game, right?

Yeha it's totally like Sonic's last chance this one flops sonic done for .... oh hey I see me in that pic woo hoo nice to see Roger visiting the Stadium of Hedgehog loving and...eating chilli dogs yeah

Sorry. To say that in a less arsey way, there's always time for improvement. Even if his voice is awful in Colours, things can change over time.

True!

Griffith sucked with he first voiced sonic in SX (Btw, Ferno, i hate you for bringing up that clip) but come his last game he nailed sonic on the head and knew what we wanted out of a sonic VA.

i'm not saying that smith may not nail sonic's voice on the first game but i'm not expecting it either.

Also, i'm guessing this “CHECK OUT THE CONSOLES WOOOOAAAAAHHHHH!11!!!″ is the new VA fad right?

Edited by goku262002

So was anything related to the voice revealed at Summer of Sonic?

It was too loud to hear sound from any of the consoles in the room.

It was too loud to hear sound from any of the consoles in the room.

You were too busy checking them out, weren't you?

Woah.

• Thumbs Up 2

Didn't we have some clearer samples of his grunts (or at least I think that's the word, excuse my ***** english -_- ) in the Gamepro preview?

Or maybe I am wrong and thoose are still Griffith's work.

Kay, I've got one more.

...why does Sonic uncurl after rolling off of a ramp in Sonic 4?

...because he's trying to relax after all that spinning!!!

.... *runs*

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Didn't we have some clearer samples of his grunts (or at least I think that's the word, excuse my ***** english -_- ) in the Gamepro preview?

Or maybe I am wrong and thoose are still Griffith's work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQE9f86fRpY&feature=player_embedded

The grunts are clearer and in my oppinion they do sound different to Jason's voice, but it's still hard to tell with that guy speaking over the video.

This is by the same guy who made the video posted earlier in this thread. XD

I still wonder is the "announcer" actually is Roger, since it does sound similar to the Alton voice.

So... for those who tunned into AAUK's radio show... bit of a mini funny treat. AAUK has a bunch of the Roger Craig Smith Alton Towers clips, and played some, including, one which I don't have on my tube videos or that anyone has heard before.

It was the voice clip that plays if the Sonic Spinball ride breaks down XD

I didn't get a copy of it, but it basically goes something like "Hey hey! We'll get going in a moment, right now stay in your seats and keep your arms and legs inside the car! A ride technician is on the way! WOO!" And.... he didn't sound half bad! lol it was a pretty good voice for Sonic.

So children, if the forum breaks down, don't worry, because a ride technician will be on the way, just keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1