Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

So... for those who tunned into AAUK's radio show... bit of a mini funny treat. AAUK has a bunch of the Roger Craig Smith Alton Towers clips, and played some, including, one which I don't have on my tube videos or that anyone has heard before.

It was the voice clip that plays if the Sonic Spinball ride breaks down XD

I didn't get a copy of it, but it basically goes something like "Hey hey! We'll get going in a moment, right now stay in your seats and keep your arms and legs inside the car! A ride technician is on the way! WOO!" And.... he didn't sound half bad! lol it was a pretty good voice for Sonic.

So children, if the forum breaks down, don't worry, because a ride technician will be on the way, just keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times.

I hope AAUK has good taste and knows very well that Sonic shouldn't sound like that in the games, and he's the one that picked the new voices as well wasn't he?

Hopefully he played them as a sign that he knows how hilariously awful they are and we'll get a great performance out of Roger, has he said anything on the matter yet?

I hope AAUK has good taste and knows very well that Sonic shouldn't sound like that in the games, and he's the one that picked the new voices as well wasn't he?

Hopefully he played them as a sign that he knows how hilariously awful they are and we'll get a great performance out of Roger, has he said anything on the matter yet?

Theres so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to begin.

1: AAUK did not pick the voices.

2: AAUK played them because he knows WE LIKE Rogers voice.

3: The voice clips from the room sound bad because they have been slowed down, had no 'treatment', have been recorded from a speaker which is behind a wardrobe, recorded onto a camera microphone, which has then undergone various format changes when it was uploaded onto a computer and then to youtube, now being played out through a third speaker source.

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 2

Theres so much wrong with that post I don't even know where to begin.

1: AAUK did not pick the voices.

2: AAUK played them because he knows WE LIVE Rogers voice.

3: The voice clips from the room sound bad because they have been slowed down, had no 'treatment', have been recorded from a speaker which is behind a wardrobe, recorded onto a camera microphone, which has then undergone various format changes when it was uploaded onto a computer and then to youtube, now being played out through a third speaker source.

1. I thought he did, my mistake then. :)

2. :P

3. Really? So when he played them in the radio show, they were the "proper" clips and do indeed sound much better?

I was also listening to those original clips, when they're played directly and not slowed down etc they sound great. :) The ride break down clip was a great example, since it's longer and more serious.

I was also listening to those clips, when they're played directly and not slowed down etc they sound great. :) The ride break down clip was a great example, since it's longer and more serious.

More serious? WOOOAAAAHHH!

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet AAUK wouldn't be able to share the sound files, you'll be able to hear todays clips when he gets the recorded version of todays show online. Might be a while though as it's #520 and he's only just put #517 up for download today.

Mind, if you listen to any of his recent shows, you can hear the one clip from the room that he always plays with the shows intro. Here's #517 if you want to dig through and hear it, it's short but it's a clear clip.

Oh, hey, I was rereading the blog entry about the new voice actors and I was looking at the comments ans Spax has an interview with Kate Higgins. She says her Tails voice sounds a bit like the little boy in her voice demo. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing she means Inari (The second voice).. Or maybe the "Your playing to save my life" boy. Who is that anyway?

Here's the part about Sonic

SPAX: Now to some questions related to what has raised a lot of interest in the Sonic community. How did you end up auditioning for Tails in the Sonic the Hedgehog games?

KATE: I know the producer and i sent in my audition from my home studio

SPAX: Have you ever played any Sonic games before?

KATE: No. Sorry : (

SPAX: I heard a boy like voice in an animation demo you had available on your website, and it was pretty cute. Is that anything like how you are going to have Tails sound? Because I think it would be quite fitting.

KATE: Yes, the voice is very close to that.

SPAX: In your own personal opinion, what kind of character do you see Tails as?

KATE: Helpful, feisty, and cute : )

http://www.spaxgamet...ateHiggins.html

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

How do you do this.

You always somehow manage to get this stuff.

Awesome stuff.

Anyway, yeah, HUGE difference there. The dude's got massive range

You got any more clips?

Find a program called Audacity!

Free, and you can do lots with it; cut specific parts (in this case) or merge stuff, reverse (love this one) and a bunch of other things as well!

Edit: So far I've only at the beginning where Shadz said there'd be a clip, I just may listen to the whole thing if there are anymore.

Edited by Hero of Legend

Grabbed it!

http://www.wikiupload.com/r3CbDNHz

What a difference! O_o

That sounds good. Damn good. It suits Sonic really well. Not to get ahead of myself or anything, but I think that's the closest Sonic has ever sounded to his age of 15-16. I think he's giving him a voice similar to the one he gave Vyse in Valkyria Chronicles- just a bit lighter.

Although no matter how good he sounds in the end, we'll never be able to forget "the Consoles".

I was also listening to those original clips, when they're played directly and not slowed down etc they sound great. :) The ride break down clip was a great example, since it's longer and more serious.

So where did you hear the current show? I can't seem to find any sort of link or whatever.

I'm seriously surprised at just how good it sounds. Definitely more of the voice I'd expect form Sonic than Griffith provided. More in tune with Drummond's voice, too.

That sounds good. Damn good. It suits Sonic really well. Not to get ahead of myself or anything, but I think that's the closest Sonic has ever sounded to his age of 15-16. I think he's giving him a voice similar to the one he gave Vyse in Valkyria Chronicles- just a bit lighter.

It does sound much energetic. Its obvious now that the "check out the consoles" was slowed down.

I must admit, Smith does have an impressive vocal range considering how deep his normal voice is.

Find a program called Audacity!

Free, and you can do lots with it; cut specific parts (in this case) or merge stuff, reverse (love this one) and a bunch of other things as well!

Edit: So far I've only at the beginning where Shadz said there'd be a clip, I just may listen to the whole thing if there are anymore.

Yeah, but you're just a whole lot faster than everybody else. I hadn't even found that audio clip in the podcast, before you'd already grabbed it and uploaded it.

So where did you hear the current show? I can't seem to find any sort of link or whatever.

They heard it live. From what I've gathered, AAUK puts them up for download a few weeks after they air.

They heard it live. From what I've gathered, AAUK puts them up for download a few weeks after they air.

Live where though? On an actual radio? O_o

Live where though? On an actual radio? O_o

On the SSMB there is a broadcasting service much like the radio.

Its called SegaSonicRadio

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by Scar

It sounds too youthful, but it's a helluva lot better than Ryan was. I'm gonna miss Jason, but this is the last time I'll bitch about it in this thread, I promise. ;)

You're not the only one, really. Griffith got so much better as he went along and lots of us had started to properly his portrayal of Sonic. ApART from, WELL, when he'D TALLllk LIIIIIIiiiiIIKE thisSSSSS! But after hearing that clear clip from Smith, I'm certain I'll like the new voice even more.

He sounds like he's making a public safety announcement, but with the voice of a young teenager.

I doubt he'll sound like that in every single bit of dialogue. You have to take it in context.