Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Seems AAUK isn't happy with Hero of Legend for ripping the clips :-/

Dear SSMB Redux Rippers. Congratulations I'm going to remove that section of #520 with Alton Towers....JUST FOR YOU.

about 6 hours ago via web

Are people seriously ripping things out of Redux now? For Tikal's sake.......

about 13 hours ago via TweetDeck

http://twitter.com/sonicwrecks

I wouldn't put much into it. Normally, AAUK's a bro, and it just seems like he's been having a rough time lately.

Poor AAUK, he is having it rough. It has to be said though that those voice clips were going to be ripped if they were played. Afterall, we've all been dying to hear the new voice. It was just an error of judgement on his end if ripping them has turned out to be a bad thing.

I've got to wonder why it matter if he airs them and then someone rips them though. Surely it's no different from music playing in a trailer and ripping it, right? Unless of course he shouldn't really have played those clips in the first place. But then, it's the fault of nobody here. Either way, sorry the things he does for us keep getting whacked back in his face.

Edited by Blue Blood

Aw, so now we won't be able to hear all those quotes in #520? D:

I really don't see the problem. AAUK's the one who put the clips in there, all HOL did was make it easier for us to hear them. It's not like we hacked into SEGA's site and found voice clips of Roger or anything. I think AAUK might be overreacting a bit much...

Ah well, AAUK's normally awesome. I'm not holding anything against him because of this.

I only have one thing to say about this and that's WHY! Sega this is going to be the third freaking voice actor for Sonic that you recast I'm mean Jaleel White's voice wouldn't work in the games anyway. Ryan Drummond's voice exellent everybody loved it I did to but he got recast because when Sonic X was getting ready the studio was in New York and Ryan even said he would move to New York but they didn't want him ( bastards ). Jason Griffith's voice was good not everybody liked but he was inproving but now apperantly he's getting recast for no good reason just before Sonic Colors. Now this guy called Roger Craig is a terrible voice I mean have you seen his sound clips there awfull nobody is going to like this guy not even me :angry: god I hope this doesn't end like this please Sega keep Jason instead for the love of god PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :(

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 14

Sorry, what? It's really hard to make heads or tails of that post. Either way, most people are very pleased with the new voice, so you're sounding like a cat amongst lions unfortunately.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 4

I think it's funny when they nod :lol:

It's so freaking weird hearing that voice come out of Sonic's mouth. Though it does seem a LOT better than it did in my mind. When I imagined Sonic saying "keep your eye out for Dr. Eggman!" in my mind it was horrific, but that video just made it seem cool. Thanks for putting my fears to rest early man.

Now this guy called Roger Craig is a terrible voice I mean have you seen his sound clips there awfull nobody is going to like this guy not even me

You may, but pretty much everyone else in this thread loves it.

Looks like the clips are all over Youtube now. I kinda feel bad for AAUK, even though he apparently never said not to get the clips.

It's so freaking weird hearing that voice come out of Sonic's mouth. Though it does seem a LOT better than it did in my mind. When I imagined Sonic saying "keep your eye out for Dr. Eggman!" in my mind it was horrific, but that video just made it seem cool. Thanks for putting my fears to rest early man.

You may, but pretty much everyone else in this thread loves it.

Look I watched the video and I dont like it I mean it just doesn't sound like a true sonic voice I mean dont get me wrong he's voice is a little bit decent but he has a long time to go through before he finds himself as a good sonic voice.

Look I watched the video and I dont like it I mean it just doesn't sound like a true sonic voice I mean dont get me wrong he's voice is a little bit decent but he has a long time to go through before he finds himself as a good sonic voice.

This one has all the clear clips we've had so far, just in case you haven't listened to them all yet. It's a shame you aren't a fan, because this is one those rare times when most of the fanbase is going "Actually, I'm good with this you know". It's happening with Colours Wii too actually which is nice (...not so much for S4). Anyway, opinion is opinion.

Listening to the clips again, anyone getting a 'surfer dude' vibe from Rogers voice?

"Keep your eye out for Doctor Eggman now, dude! Tubular!"

But yeah, as others have said, context- rollercoaster- ect.

• Thumbs Up 1

But yeah, as others have said, context- rollercoaster- ect.

Haha, I wish he said it on the rouge rollercoaster carriage sections in Eggmanland now.

Well I watched that video too. I also happened to be the guy who filmed the video... I also happened to actually stay in the room listening to it over time and from it's primary source....

Yet somehow... Despite constantly telling people it sounds great in person, despite saying that the voice in the room has had no 'treatment', despite saying that from experience with working with radio and sound, despite linking to an advert for the hotel showing a modified and better RCS sonic voice.... To even now after the radio broadcast the other day (if indeed we'll actually be allowed to speak of it by tonight) with the vastly improved VA clips.... Somehow after all that... ... ... Do I really need to finish this? Or do we get where it's going?

It's ridiculous... Not just that someone is still moaning about it despite everything countering that thought freely available, but that the numbers of people moaning is still so high, there's one guy in the TSS news on the radio clips saying there's still a chance Ryan will come back for Gods sake!

I know that you don't like it, and I respect your opinion on that, but read through your comment again and you said something along the lines of "no one else in the fanbase likes his voice". Which is why that comment of yours got -3 rep. I know your new here, so I'll warn ya; don't try to voice the entire fanbase, that's why spax is getting so much hate and I'd hate for another community member to go down that road. Just keeping an eye out for you man.

• Thumbs Up 2

WHAT?! But how can that be a bad thing?! It's online, free, we all know WHERE the clips were from (Radio Redux), had I known, I'm so sorry!!! :'(

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 2

This was taken from waaaay back in the topic, it should make Ryan fans at least a little at ease:

Well, it's almost time. It could be CONSOLES from Alton, it could be Drummond from the earlier games, or it could be someone entirely new.

And yes, a source has confirmed that Drummond was at least considered. I don't know what this means...

Even though it turned out to be Roger instead of Ryan, that post still gives me chills, just the sheer thought of Ryan fans getting what they wanted, and simmering down. I mean, he wasn't picked but he was at least considered, I mean, Ryan fans can at least take a little consolation in that right?. Sega could've picked Ryan, but obviously they think Roger can do a better job, so they went with him instead, and that's a good sign. I think Roger's gonna be awesome, give him a chance. :U

It's his own damn fault for putting them on the Redux in the first place. He should think of that before doing such a thing again. It's not a horrible thing anyway. I mean, he's smart enough to work at SEGA, but he's not smart enough to keep the clips to himself in case something like this were to happen? What?

Edited by Edge
  • Thumbs Up 3

WHAT?! But how can that be a bad thing?! It's online, free, we all know WHERE the clips were from (Radio Redux), had I known, I'm so sorry!!! :'(

Forgive him AAUK, he said he's sorry.....

Please :(

Edited by Jetronic

So AAUK has taken clips from a several month old Sonic ride, and put them on his radio show that can already be heard by anyone, and now he's pissed that someone had the audacity to use Audacity and rip them? I mean him no disrespect, but what kind of sense does that make? Even if it wasn't ripped, it would still be available to the masses.

• Thumbs Up 6

Hey, now I'm also one to prefer Griffith, but I'm not bitching and moaning about Roger.

So I'm kind of a cat as well, but a sleeping one. ;)

It's nice to see another person on here that's respectful to others opinions. This fanbase is upitier than usual. It's nice to see a large quantity of fans getting along. Time to see if it's so nice on cute fluffy kittens.

Listening to clean audio clips of it now...wow, I'm actually impressed. Roger's Sonic voice sounds youthful and upbeat, just like how he should of been this entire time. Now these clips being from Alton Towers I know are exaggerated because they're for a theme park, but I'm sure the voice will sound even better for the games. <ahttp://board.sonicstadium.org/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'> Kate Higgins I also think will produce a great voice for Tails, looking forward to hearing her work too. Call me optimistic!

I only have one thing to say about this and that's WHY! Sega this is going to be the third freaking voice actor for Sonic that you recast I'm mean Jaleel White's voice wouldn't work in the games anyway. Ryan Drummond's voice exellent everybody loved it I did to but he got recast because when Sonic X was getting ready the studio was in New York and Ryan even said he would move to New York but they didn't want him ( bastards ). Jason Griffith's voice was good not everybody liked but he was inproving but now apperantly he's getting recast for no good reason just before Sonic Colors. Now this guy called Roger Craig is a terrible voice I mean have you seen his sound clips there awfull nobody is going to like this guy not even me :angry: god I hope this doesn't end like this please Sega keep Jason instead for the love of god PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :(

Ohoho, Silly boy. *pats on head* Next time, how bout we wait till we here how he actually sounds in the games before passing judgment. And how bout we try not to nerd raeg over something so trivial so soon, k?

• Thumbs Up 1

iyk2vm.jpg

vs14b8.jpg

9854eh.jpg

JEEZ.

Would you smack a 5 year old upside the head for saying something silly? Cut the kid some slack, yikes!

+1 rep.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

13 is old enough to at least structure sentences coherently. I'd pin the -11 on those two factors rather than a negative opinion. But either way, YAY ROGER! Still wanna know why AAUK is miffed about ripping those clips from his show.