Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

He sounds fine. I'm sure I'll get used to it. The problem people usually have when they flip out over new voice actors is that they don't give them enough time to let the voice sink in on the character. You get so used to one voice that hearing any other voice, even if it is much better, is jarring at first. Sure it's possible to pick a completely awful new VA, but that's not what's happening here. Anyway, I look forward to hearing this new take on Sonic in the future.

I'll say he has improved a bit more from the original hearings. yet, I kinda want to wait for more. I'm wondering, is he going to be doing voices for Sonic Colours on the DS too? If so, we may hear voice actors for Knuckles n Shadow in that game too.

Even if not, Riders will give us all the answers. I'm very interested in Jet's new voice and Silver's (if he's in it.) but I hope Sega don't pull what they did for Eggman in the other Riders games. AKA use clips of Bristow from Adventure 2 instead of recording new Pollok stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have just figured out this entire rumor about Roger Graig Smith being Sonic's new voice actor and it's all a lie. First off did anybody here listen to what he's saying he is just a voice conducter for the new sonic spinball ride at the sonic hotel. Plus I listened to the sonic colors gameplay on youtube and when sonic said something it was Jason Griffith's voice so that proves that Roger is not in sonic colors. Also if Roger was the new sonic voice actor he would need alot of improving to do and dont tell me "well sega announced" so. I dont care the point I'm getting at is the logic two trailers have been realeased on sonic colors even gameplay but now sega desides to recast Jason Griffith ( *sigh* ) and havn't all sonic rumors this year have been fake examples sonic x season 4 fake, sonic the hedgehog movie 2010 fake, and now Roger Craig Smith being sonic's new voice actor FAKE. He was just a voice conducter and Jason Griffith is still sonic so the day sonic colors comes out and I listen to Sonic's voice I'm going to laugh because I proved to people that this is all a rumor. So in the end Roger was just given the job to be the voice conducter at the sonic spinnball ride at the sonic hotel and Jason is still Sonic's voice actor.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 17

False.

Very very false.

We've had official confirmation, official confirmation, official confirmation that Roger Craig Smith is the new Sonic voice.

http://blogs.sega.com/sonic/2010/07/15/out-of-the-mouths-of-hedgehogs/

Where do you do your research, by the way? Your source, whatever that may be, is untrustworthy.

Sonic X Season 4 was never announced by SEGA.

Sonic the Hedgehog Movie was never announced by SEGA.

This voice actor change has been announced by SEGA.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have just figured out this entire rumor about Roger Graig Smith being Sonic's new voice actor and it's all a lie. First off did anybody here listen to what he's saying he is just a voice conducter for the new sonic spinball ride at the sonic hotel. Plus I listened to the sonic colors gameplay on youtube and when sonic said something it was Jason Griffith's voice so that proves that Roger is not in sonic colors. Also if Roger was the new sonic voice actor he would need alot of improving to do and dont tell me "well sega announced" so. I dont care the point I'm getting at is the logic two trailers have been realeased on sonic colors even gameplay but now sega desides to recast Jason Griffith ( *sigh* ) and havn't all sonic rumors this year have been fake examples sonic x season 4 fake, sonic the hedgehog movie 2010 fake, and now Roger Craig Smith being sonic's new voice actor FAKE. He was just a voice conducter and Jason Griffith is still sonic so the day sonic colors comes out and I listen to Sonic's voice I'm going to laugh because I proved to people that this is all a rumor. So in the end Roger was just given the job to be the voice conducter at the sonic spinnball ride at the sonic hotel and Jason is still Sonic's voice actor.

Do us a favour and read this before saying crap like that heck I stopped reading where I put in bold

http://blogs.sega.co...s-of-hedgehogs/

Oh by the way I would love to know the source of this I really do linkplzkthxbai XD

Edited by Shaddix
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I have just figured out this entire rumor about Roger Graig Smith being Sonic's new voice actor and it's all a lie.

I'll stop you there if you don't mind. Rumours don't get officially announced by SEGA.

Whoops.

EDIT: Ninja'd. TWICE. Dayumn.

Edited by ENVY16
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

There were rumors about Sonic X season 4 and a Sonic movie? :huh:

Clearly we don't where to look for bullshit.

Well no really, rumours of X season 4 and a movie have been flying around for years. This guy is either just being a troll or rather thick though. The voice actors have been recast, no two ways about it.

Oh silly, silly little boy. How about next time you know what you are talking about before you say things. I little research and some levelheadedness goes a long way kid.

- Rumors made up by over obsessive fanboys =/= official

- Rumors announced by Sega themselves = official

- Simply listening to very vague grunts covered up by lots of other background noise to get an accurate representation on who the voice is =/= hard evidence/proof

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

ZOMG YOU IZ SO RIGHHT!!!!

Honestly, was this a troll post or are you serious about this? Calling it now: blueblur360 is actually Spax in disguise.

He must be new to the internet intelligent part of the internet.

ZOMG YOU IZ SO RIGHHT!!!!

Honestly, was this a troll post or are you serious about this? Calling it now: blueblur360 is actually Spax in disguise.

Spax is ok with the VA recast, though. The only thing he did was ask Roger to take Drummond as more of an example than Griffith.

"and dont tell me "well sega announced" "

"the day sonic colors comes out and I listen to Sonic's voice I'm going to laugh because I proved to people that this is all a rumor"

SEGA is the company that publishes Sonic games. SEGA is the company that hires voice actors. Jason said himself that he is not voice acting. It has been confirmed by Roger AND SEGA that he is the new VA for Sonic.

The videos you were watching my have Jason in it, but guess what? That was before Roger was announced. Sonic Rush had Ryan's Advance 3 clips as placeholders so the game wouldn't feel incomplete during demos and trailers.

When Free Riders comes out and people hear the VA's, we'll be laughing at you. When Colors comes out and you buy it and try to take back that statement, we'll be the ones laughing at you. This is the internet, don't post stupid things like this on here. They will not go off.

Anyone get the feeling that this is DJshow in disguise?

I've got the pitchforks, who's bringing the torches?

But your icon is Bowser! Why would you need a torch!?

Edited by Edge
  • Thumbs Up 1

This post was made under the assumption that you are a regular 13 year old who just doesn't know what he's talking about, and not a troll

...Plus I listened to the sonic colors gameplay on youtube and when sonic said something it was Jason Griffith's voice...

I can say that that is nearly impossible to tell, as the only thing Sonic ever says is a grunt. With Eggman's voice overlaid. And the COOL! GREAT! AWESOME! OUTSTANDING! AMAZING! announcer yelling. But it's still possible that they're using Griffith stock clips for the E3 build.

OR, it's possible that Roger is so good at this, that he even has you fooled.

...and dont tell me "well sega announced"...

But they did. Why are you still posting if it's been officially been announced by SEGA? You're argument clearly has no validity.

I dont care the point I'm getting at is the logic two trailers have been realeased on sonic colors even gameplay but now sega desides to recast Jason Griffith

They didn't make the decision the day before they made the announcement. The auditions were clearly several months ago, otherwise the Alton Towers voice would be Griffith. And its not. If they had JUST mde the swap, then there's no way we'd even be able to get a Sonic game this year, with the possible exception of Sonic 4 (is there voice acting in there? I don't know), because the voices would have to be redone.

So what I'm getting at is, you're argument is not valid, you need to do research, and accept the change.

Edited by Viviroking

Well, we officially drove him off the forums.

Pat yourselves on the back.

Back on topic, I've listened to the voice clips and I am really happy to hear them in full quality. So this is the new Sonic? Color me excited! Fits like a glove.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

The temptation to say 'Anytime you want a re-match, just me know. I'll be waiting...' on the leaving thread was insane but I didn't want to be mean :P.

As for the topic at hand, haven't really said my bit yet. I've listened to all of the released clips from the other day and I'm really liking them! Now I can tell it's different from what we've had so far and I'm looking forward to hearing more :). The real judge will admittedly be hearing him in regular dialogue in Colours and Free Riders but this is good so far, bring it on!

God knows why they were tampered with originally...

Edited by ENVY16
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Speaking of new Voice Actors, has it been announced if Free Riders actually has a story so we can hear the actors more than just grunts and taunts? It would be kind of pointless to buy if it didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well, we officially drove him off the forums.

Pat yourselves on the back.

Back on topic, I've listened to the voice clips and I am really happy to hear them in full quality. So this is the new Sonic? Color me excited! Fits like a glove.

Pun intended? :lol:

• Thumbs Up 2

Haha, remember that NP preview for the next month BEFORE Colours was announced? They said something like "A new game for Wii- Colour us excited!". Such an unsubtle hint that went completely over everyone for obvious reasons. It's cool in hindsight. I'm just still excited to hear the rest of the cast. I would like if if Knuckles is amongst those that have been recast. Dan Green isn't bad, but I'm fairly neutral towards him. Scott Drier did the most awesome Knuckles ever, so something along the lines of that 'cool tough guy, but with one hell of a temper' voice would be great. And Blaze.. I loved her original voice (though she was too similar to Maria, Tikal and Wave). I wonder if the new one can hold up.

Edited by Blue Blood

Speaking of new Voice Actors, has it been announced if Free Riders actually has a story so we can hear the actors more than just grunts and taunts? It would be kind of pointless to buy if it didn't.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if Free Riders is gonna have voice acting. In all the footage shown so far, the characters are completely silent.

But then again, maybe they just haven't added the voice acting yet. (which would be a pretty good way to hide the new VAs)

To be honest, I'm not even sure if Free Riders is gonna have voice acting. In all the footage shown so far, the characters are completely silent.

But then again, maybe they just haven't added the voice acting yet. (which would be a pretty good way to hide the new VAs)

In the article from SEGA announcing the actors they said that the game will have a lot of the new actors.

Here's to Jack Black as Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 1