Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Oh come on.

Who honestly dismisses a game because they don't like the voice. "Why I see that Red Faction 4 is on the way, my my that looks exciting, oh the voice actor... Oh dear no sorry won't buy it" Also since when are 18 year olds considered kids? I don't think many 18 year olds are honestly that fickle when it comes to a voice actor putting them off buying a game.

Anyone from Sonic Retro (if a raging retro sonic fan) or SEGA forum they would dismiss it :P most 17/18 year old gamers (like myself) don't really give a toss about VA's and who doing the voice acting, they just wants to get straight down to it and play the game for it non-stop action or just say how pretty the graphics are cause that what most gamers care about in this day of age of gaming :/

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 2

I must be the only person in the Sonic community who thinks Jason hasn't improved very much as Sonic (besides the downright haters, of course). I mean, the guy's okay, but I've always found him incredibly inconsistent with his Sonic voice; one line can sound great and the next laughably overacted.

So if they do end up replacing him, no skin off my nose.

Oh come on.

Who honestly dismisses a game because they don't like the voice. "Why I see that Red Faction 4 is on the way, my my that looks exciting, oh the voice actor... Oh dear no sorry won't buy it" Also since when are 18 year olds considered kids? I don't think many 18 year olds are honestly that fickle when it comes to a voice actor putting them off buying a game.

Nobody, gameplay wise it doesn't effect anything. More like his character apeal. You know just like back in the 90's when sonic was popular not just because his games but people liked his character too.

@Chooch

I agree about Jaleel white. I'm just saying that in general people liked sonic because of the way Jaleel portrayed his character, which was nice.

Though I wouldn't want his voice back. I'm hoping for the news to be true and that we'll get something that works

Edited by Jaouad

Out of all Sonic voices, I find Jaleel White to be the absolute shittiest. I'll take Ryan or Jason (who sound almost exactly the same) over him any day.

Though, I'll admit, Jason doesn't have the same charm that David Humphrey did for Shadow. If there is a voice actor change again, and Jason is the one to go, I wouldn't mind a better Shadow voice. But even Shadow sounds almost identical.

The real actors who need to come back are Lani Minella and Jon St. Jon. I could care less about Big's voice, but Omega's latest voice sucked ass. I also wouldn't mind seeing Mark Biagi return as Vector, though Dan Green isn't that bad.

If the actors are new entirely... I don't know what to think about that idea. As long as they don't sound any worse than the current ones.

This is, of course, assuming the VA change is legit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I agree about Jaleel white. I'm just saying that in general people liked sonic because of the way Jaleel portrayed his character, which was nice.

Sonic was popular back in the day because he was everywhere in the media and represented the console that posed a significant threat to the other household name which was Nintendo, not because his voice acting was of Blanc-ian proportions.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nobody, gameplay wise it doesn't effect anything. More like his character apeal. You know just like back in the 90's when sonic was popular not just because his games but people liked his character too.

You really are clutching at straws now.

The games caused his rise to popularity, not the TV shows, they only rode the wave of excitement along with the comics and all the merchandise. I do not recall ever waking up to watch ASOTH or SATAM and thinking "WOW Thats a great voice Sonic, thats why I love you." I watched those shows because I wanted to see my favourite videogame character and held hopes that Knuckles and metal Sonic would appear in them. Like most kids back in the day did. We all wanted to see the day that our videogame would get a good adaptation on the tv. The voice acting only came into question when we grew up and someone started to moan about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do not recall ever waking up to watch ASOTH or SATAM and thinking "WOW Thats a great voice Sonic, thats why I love you." I watched those shows because I wanted to see my favourite videogame character and held hopes that Knuckles and metal Sonic would appear in them.

Same here. However, I DID wake up thinking "WOW Thats a great voice Robotnik, thats why I love you."

784230-robotnik_the_hippy_super.jpg

• Thumbs Up 7

You really are clutching at straws now.

The games caused his rise to popularity, not the TV shows, they only rode the wave of excitement along with the comics and all the merchandise. I do not recall ever waking up to watch ASOTH or SATAM and thinking "WOW Thats a great voice Sonic, thats why I love you." I watched those shows because I wanted to see my favourite videogame character and held hopes that Knuckles and metal Sonic would appear in them. Like most kids back in the day did. We all wanted to see the day that our videogame would get a good adaptation on the tv. The voice acting only came into question when we grew up and someone started to moan about it.

We don't need to exagurate. A lot of people did actually get to know sonic because of the cartoons which I am one of. I also remember that a lot of my older family members enjoyed watching sonic(not fans or anything).

But your blowing my posts out of proportion. Basically this is the point I try to make.

Sonic's VA has never really been great. Jaleel white imo portrayed the best sonic though still bad. New VA can only be a good thing. Will it make the games better? NO. Will it be a good thing? YES

I find his VA to be important because I don't wanna watch a cutscene wondering what the hell i'm watching

Edited by Jaouad

I find his VA to be important because I don't wanna watch a cutscene wondering what the hell i'm watching.

You're watching a cutscene from a game aimed for younger audiences.

• Thumbs Up 3

New VA can only be a good thing.
No, it can very easily be a terrible thing. Whether you like the current VAs or not, you can certainly imagine them being much worse. And as I said before, there's going to be plenty of people outraged on principle, no matter what the new VAs sound like.
  • Thumbs Up 1

We don't need to exagurate. A lot of people did actually get to know sonic because of the cartoons which I am one of. I also remember that a lot of my older family members enjoyed watching sonic(not fans or anything).

But your blowing my posts out of proportion. Basically this is the point I try to make.

Sonic's VA has never really been great. Jaleel white imo portrayed the best sonic though still bad. New VA can only be a good thing. Will it make the games better? NO. Will it be a good thing? YES

I find his VA to be important because I don't wanna watch a cutscene wondering what the hell i'm watching.

I don't think I am blowing your posts out of proportion at all, you're doing a good job at that yourself, one second your saying, oh Sonic hasn't been great since SA2, his voice hasn't been good then, the implication being thats the reason. You've just said in your other post that kids who are 18 years old don't like Sonic down to the voice.

If you really cannot understand a cut scene because of the voice actor... Christ almightly.... how the hell do you even play the actual levels?

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think I am blowing your posts out of proportion at all, you're doing a good job at that yourself, one second your saying, oh Sonic hasn't been great since SA2, his voice hasn't been good then, the implication being thats the reason. You've just said in your other post that kids who are 18 years old don't like Sonic down to the voice.

If you really cannot understand a cut scene because of the voice actor... Christ almightly.... how the hell do you even play the actual levels?

That's what I meant when saying you blew things out of proportion. Though keep on discussing the VA. If the speculation is true it won't matter how bad or good previous VA's were. It´s still speculation so i´ll be anticipating thursday ;)

Edited by Jaouad

That's what I meant when saying you blew things out of proportion.

Really?

Which part did I blow out of proportion. Are the Sonic cut scenes really that complicated? It's not exactly on par with Shakespeares poetry.

Or am I alone here, does anyone else think that they're complicated and difficult to understand?

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 4

Really?

Which part did I blow out of proportion. Are the Sonic cut scenes really that complicated? It's not exactly on par with Shakespeares poetry.

Or am I alone here, does anyone else think that they're complicated and difficult to understand?

Not complicated or dificult. Just stupid to watch.

I'm gonna laugh so hard if the news has absolutely nothing to do with the voice acting.

However, considering how the Jason vs. Ryan bitch-fit is already somewhat resurrecting with the mere idea of the voice of Sonic changing again, I'm kinda worried about what will happen if that's the case.

So in other words, you can understand it, theres not a problem with it, everybody can understand it, it doesn't affect the game at all, it has nothing to do with 18 year olds not liking it. Only you would rather the bloke who did SatAM do it instead.

Remember a few posts back when I said about that Save Sonic group who would hammer on and on and on about the VAs? Anyone still wondering why I have zero desire to entertain their arguments. See this entire reasoning from last night up until now.

• Thumbs Up 1

So in other words, you can understand it, theres not a problem with it, everybody can understand it, it doesn't affect the game at all, it has nothing to do with 18 year olds not liking it. Only you would rather the bloke who did SatAM do it instead.

Remember a few posts back when I said about that Save Sonic group who would hammer on and on and on about the VAs? Anyone still wondering why I have zero desire to entertain their arguments. See this entire reasoning from last night up until now.

Sonic's VA has never really been great. Jaleel white imo portrayed the best sonic though still bad. New VA can only be a good thing(maybe not). Will it make the games better? NO. Will it be a good thing? YES

Don't need to stress out bro. ;)

Edited by Jaouad

Every medium in which Sonic has talked has been stupid for one reason or another; Your beloved Jaleel starred in the one Sonic show that was just enough of an acid trip to spawn popular internet memes. Cheesiness has been an inherent part of Sonic entertainment since the beginning, so why is it now such a problem for you?

• Thumbs Up 1

Every medium in which Sonic has talked has been stupid for one reason or another; Your beloved Jaleel starred in the one Sonic show that was just enough of an acid trip to spawn popular internet memes. Cheesiness has been an inherent part of Sonic entertainment since the beginning, so why is it now such a problem for you?

Nerdy correction: Jaleel starred in three Sonic cartoons and a Christmas special.

• Thumbs Up 3

I actually don't get why your calling him my beloved Jaleel. He was okay, not great. New VA FTW

Edited by Jaouad

Nerdy correction: Jaleel starred in three Sonic cartoons and a Christmas special.

tongue.gif I know that. My sentence was referring specifically to AoStH. As far as I know, SatAM, Underground, and the Christmas special did not spawn popular internet memes.

I actually don't get why your calling him my beloved Jaleel. He was okay, not great. New VA ftw!!

Oh please.

Yeah, you say he was just okay, even though he "portrayed the best Sonic" as you so blatantly put it, amirite?

But this doesn't answer my question: You have derided the Sonic games for having bad cutscenes, but you won't argue against the fact that the Sonic shows were pretty much just as bad. The differences in quality are minimal, so why have you started this asinine argument when Jaleel has performed the same misdeeds Martin, Ryan, and Jason have?

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to slightly stray away from the little discussion between Cas and Jauaud..

I like Griffith and I really think most of his lines since Unleashed are great, but I think he always sounds like his nose is stuffed... I don't mind him being around, but if say the unlikely event of Drummond returning would occure I would be very happy. Drummond is still Sonic's voice for me. I was just watching a cutscene from Rush Adventure (Where Sonic and Tails meet Marine) and the hwole time reading Sonic and Tails lines, I had Dummond's and Bringas' voice pictured. But like I said I like Griffith and wouldn't mind hi staying.

By the way Cas, no guess that the news will be Sonic and co wearing 70's trousers from now on?

Don't need to stress out bro. ;)

How am I the one getting stressed, your the one whose whole argument is crumbling before our eyes.

However, considering how the Jason vs. Ryan bitch-fit is already somewhat resurrecting with the mere idea of the voice of Sonic changing again, I'm kinda worried about what will happen if that's the case.

so why is it now such a problem for you?

Well guys, you see, there was once a time when it might have been possible for Ryan to come back, many people liked that idea, many people didn't and some people like me, just didn't give a toss. But you see that opportunity has now come and gone. But the argument is still there, only it's now evolved to "I hate Jason, and here are my reasons as to why he's ruined my and your game." Yet the majority of people... go along with Thor.

If this turns out to be another change, I have a feeling a lot of people will act the same for a short while... then in 10 years when the voices might change again, we'll get "Well here is why it's been ruined for me for the last *** years (insert my crap argument now)"

I'm going to slightly stray away from the little discussion between Cas and Jauaud..

[...] By the way Cas, no guess that the news will be Sonic and co wearing 70's trousers from now on?

Oh don't worry I've no intention of continuing, it's nothing we havn't had on this forum time and time again whenever someone moans about VAs. As for your last remark... Not everything SOS 2010 related has been announced yet!

Edited by Gnasher
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

tongue.gif I know that. My sentence was referring specifically to AoStH. As far as I know, SatAM, Underground, and the Christmas special did not spawn popular internet memes.

They really should though, especially Underground. That thing is meme packed!

As for franchise changing news: looking forward to the news post! I honestly don't care what changes, I just like that there's something to speculate. Reminds me of the SASASR days.

Oh please.

Yeah, you say he was just okay, even though he "portrayed the best Sonic" as you so blatantly put it, amirite?

But this doesn't answer my question: You have derided the Sonic games for having bad cutscenes, but you won't argue against the fact that the Sonic shows were pretty much just as bad. The differences in quality are minimal, so why have you started this asinine argument when Jaleel has performed the same misdeeds Martin, Ryan, and Jason have?

Maybe the best sonic VA so far would be a better statement. Doesn't mean he was good.

As you may have noticed, my english isn't really that great and I do my best to come of as clear as possible :P.

Edited by Jaouad