Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Uh...did anyone almost forget that Roger was voicing Sonic after playing through most of Colors?

I swear his voice is THAT natural that you end up forgetting the VA change.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh...did anyone almost forget that Roger was voicing Sonic after playing through most of Colors?

Definitely. It didn't take long to get used to his voice, and now I already see him as the perfect voice for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. It is a glorious feeling and you couldn't get that luxury on the previous actors. All we hear is Sonic, and not just some guy behind the mic. Seriously, where has this guy been the last ten years? He's freaking epic....in pretty much everywhere he voices. Especially Assassin's Creed. His Ezio is awesome.

...who's this...Jason Griffith? :P

I wished they redubbed Sonic Adventure for the Xbox Live release. That would have been great.

Edited by Ryusuke
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wished they redubbed Sonic Adventure for the Xbox Live release. That would have been great.

If we got these guys instead of 4 kids, yes it would :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno. I stopped paying attention to the voices because of everyone in the cutscenes just stood there karate-chopping., Seriously, they don't stop moving their hands and it's really annoying.

It kinda helps that he doesn't talk during the levels, but in terms of cutscenes yeah, I really don't consider a new voice as it does sound natural.

I dunno. I stopped paying attention to the voices because of everyone in the cutscenes just stood there karate-chopping., Seriously, they don't stop moving their hands and it's really annoying.

Sonic 06 syndrome I like to call that. Though it looks a lot less awkward in here.

Sonic 06 syndrome I like to call that. Though it looks a lot less awkward in here.

Really? I always thought it was worse in ShTH.

Really? I always thought it was worse in ShTH.

At least ShTH had better models than 06, even if they were shiny as hell.

Roger hasn't even been our Sonic in the games for a month now and I already view him as my favorite, this coming from the guy who's liked every voice for Sonic. Yes, even Martin's portrayal. As unnatural as the deeper voice was at first I can't view it being any different now.

And like many others have said, Tails is perfect, and I quite like the rest of the cast. It's all good for me now.

I think it was at it's worst in Sonic Adventure 2, myself.

The worst scene, I think, was the one where Amy busts Sonic out of Prison Island. Sonic's wiggling and jumping around like a maniac for absolutely no reason.

A close second goes to the scene where Amy is trying to convince Shadow to help out the team at the end of the game. What could have been a poignant scene ended up being really silly because Amy wouldn't quit wiggling around while she was talking.

Motion capture is the word I think you guys are looking for here, used extensively in the in-game cutscenes up until Unleashed, where it was used less as they actually started animating the models more. Compare the animation in '06 to Unleashed:

Some Motion capture is still used here, like Sonic's hand animations and stuff, but much of it is animated:

Yeah, it grew to be pretty natural pretty quickly.

It's especially jarring for me considering that I set Unleashed to Japanese to hear this allegedly amazing voice over that the Werehog has and forgot to change it back.

After beating Sonic Colors, I hope the man stays for a very long time. I like Roger Craig Smith Sonic cause he gives Sonic more attitude and personality. In Colors he sounds cool, very cocky and arrogant like how it was with Jaleel White when he used to voice him in the older cartoons. I'm looking forward to more of his voicework in future Sonic games. Right now he's my favorite voice for Sonic along with Ryan Drummond and Jaleel White. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

I think it was at it's worst in Sonic Adventure 2, myself.

The worst scene, I think, was the one where Amy busts Sonic out of Prison Island. Sonic's wiggling and jumping around like a maniac for absolutely no reason.

Do you mean before or after he gets out the cell? Because before he was just jumping around and running on the spot and stuff because he was so anxious from being all enclosed.

After, particularly when he's waving his arms around like he's karate chopping the air.

• Thumbs Up 1

ROGERS BEING REPLACED! :o His Pug is the one....ITS OUT TO GET HIM o_o Quote: Roger:I'm being replaced as SONIC! The pug is out to ruin me...

:P:D

I'm sorry but I don't know what this means.

I was completely unaware of the VA swap until I played through the first acts and saw the cutscene and googled it up. After watching the cutscene, I was a little (very) confused. His voice sounded so incredibly natural and different and super awesome and I couldn't recognize it from anywhere. Being quick on the google, I find out he has voiced a lot of other characters I like. Also, Tails' voice has improved a lot too. Hopefully the rest of the cast has had the same treatment.

Derp: Referring to Sonic Colors, here.

Edited by Cheez

I was completely unaware of the VA swap until I played through the first acts and saw the cutscene and googled it up. After watching the cutscene, I was a little (very) confused. His voice sounded so incredibly natural and different and super awesome and I couldn't recognize it from anywhere. Being quick on the google, I find out he has voiced a lot of other characters I like. Also, Tails' voice has improved a lot too. Hopefully the rest of the cast has had the same treatment.

Holy moly dude, where have you been? We got told about the VA change back in July and got our first hearing of the new VAs over a month ago when TSS, Wrecks and Retro were given a cutscene to show off. And not to mention Free Riders has been out for a while (before Colours) featuring most of the new cast. Search for Free Riders cutscenes on Youtube if you want to hear the new voices. The general con consensus is that most of the characters are much improved, with the odd exception depending on opinion and almost everyone thinks the new Amy is terrible.

Yeah, I know. I've been someplace else for a few months. Didn't want any spoilers! And I've been low on cash, so I never got the opportunity until now.

And, uh, I'll play through some more and experience stuff myself. Also, I haven't gotten Free Riders yet. I've never been too fond of the Riders games. Oh, what the heck, I'll go watch some reviews first.

And darn shame about Amy, if it's true.

And to finish, I know next to nothing about the games other than the titles. Spoilers just aren't my thing.

Edited by Cheez

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Amy's new voice actor. I was hoping that they give her a voice that made her sound likeable.

But yes, Roger Craig Smith is awesome as our new Sonic and I hope Sega keeps him. :)

Edited by sonfan1984