Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Yeah, I was really disappointed with Amy's new voice actor. I was hoping that they give her a voice that made her sound likeable.

But yes, Roger Craig Smith is awesome as our new Sonic and I hope Sega keeps him. :)

I don't think theres any hope for Amy, she got Flanderized into an annoying stalker, then to add insult to injury they gave her the most obnoxious voice ever, I think the damage is done.

As for everyone else, I'd say its a welcome change, the only problem I really had other than Amy's voice is Shadow's, and even its not a huge deal,David Griffith Kirk Thorton just needs to stop slurring his lines.

Edited by Shadic93

I don't think theres any hope for Amy, she got Flanderized into an annoying stalker, then to add insult to injury they gave her the most obnoxious voice ever, I think the damage is done.

As for everyone else, I'd say its a welcome change, the only problem I really had other than Amy's voice is Shadow's, and even its not a huge deal,David Griffith Kirk Thorton just needs to stop slurring his lines.

Shame too. Amy is one of my favorite characters and there is so much they can do with her but I guess they're determine to keep Amy into this annoying fangirl that forces Sonic to either marry her or take her out on a date whenever she shows up and the new voice isn't really helping. -_-

Shame too. Amy is one of my favorite characters and there is so much they can do with her but I guess they're determine to keep Amy into this annoying fangirl that forces Sonic to either marry her or take her out on a date whenever she shows up and the new voice isn't really helping. -_-

Remember back in Sa1, or hell even Sa2 where she had a thing for Sonic, but it was more subtle and she could actually focus on the task at hand? Hell she was even able to talk two WMD's into the good side, I mean come on Sega, what the hell?

• Thumbs Up 1

Roger's latest Facebook post contains a link to David Mitchell's Soapbox. And not just any episode of David Mitchell's Soapbox, but one about language.

The linguist in me is very pleased. The David Mitchell fan in me even more so.

Roger is now officially the most awesome person ever.

EDIT: Correction, it's one of his latest posts, not his actually latest post at the time of writing. Whatever.

Edited by Doctor MK

So, to kick some life into this topic, which game did you guys think Roger did better in?

I thought he was great in Colors, but not-so-great in Free Riders.

I personally think he did better in Colors. In Free Riders I'd thought he sounded too 'forced' and is trying too hard to sound like Jason.

Free Riders didn't seem to have as good direction as Colors did. I imagine most will prefer the tone in Free Riders, but the acting in Colors.

I don't think Roger necessarily "improved", but more like the directors were trying to find a good middle ground. Free Riders seems more like a testing ground for the voices I thought, and a lot of the lines were done out of context. They probably thought after Free Riders that bringing SOME sort of sense of consistency in the performance that it just doesn't work (and maybe the director saw how people thought Sonic's voice was pretty annoying in general...and I'm not talking about Roger). Personally, I hope they don't change what they've done with Roger's voice in Sonic Colors. It brings out the best of Sonic's character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I hope they don't change what they've done with Roger's voice in Sonic Colors. It brings out the best of Sonic's character.

And for Tails as well. He sounds much girlier in FR than Colours. Actually, in FR it's like there's a of impersonating the 4Kids cast. Especially with Sonic, Knuckles and Tails. It's why I can't wait to hear all of the other characters in a main game with proper cutscenes. Amy might not sound as bad as we all thought, Knuckles might sound less Dan Green-ish (I don't mind his voice, but lots do) and from that few clips in Colours DS Charmy should sound great.

And for Tails as well. He sounds much girlier in FR than Colours. Actually, in FR it's like there's a of impersonating the 4Kids cast. Especially with Sonic, Knuckles and Tails. It's why I can't wait to hear all of the other characters in a main game with proper cutscenes. Amy might not sound as bad as we all thought, Knuckles might sound less Dan Green-ish (I don't mind his voice, but lots do) and from that few clips in Colours DS Charmy should sound great.

I honestly didn't notice a difference between Tails, in FR than in Colors I thought he sounded the same, but I guess I'll watch a cutscene back to back.

I admit the vocal direction for FR is by far worse than Colors`, which is weird because weren't the vocal directors the same?

I honestly didn't notice a difference between Tails, in FR than in Colors I thought he sounded the same, but I guess I'll watch a cutscene back to back.

I admit the vocal direction for FR is by far worse than Colors`, which is weird because weren't the vocal directors the same?

They're the same, I think.

Edited by Ryusuke

Care, script, necessity.

I knew they didn't give a damn about Free Riders, they petty much said screw it.

I'm hoping Knux will sound a little more like Roy next time around....though I still gotta say, Travis does Dan Green Knux better than Dan Green (...kinda like how Lanipator does Chris Sabat Vegeta better than Chris Sabat). Amy would probably be better if it was a bit deeper....and not going all falsetto.

Edited by Ryusuke

I'm hoping Knux will sound a little more like Roy next time around....though I still gotta say, Travis does Dan Green Knux better than Dan Green (...kinda like how Lanipator does Chris Sabat Vegeta better than Chris Sabat). Amy would probably be better if it was a bit deeper....and not going all falsetto.

I feel Sabat got way better in Kai(He actually sounds like a person rather than someone who stoned his whole life). But back on topic.

Wouldn't we get the same problem though, just instead of people saying he sounds like Yugi, he'll sound like Mustang, I guess if Travis deepens his voice I could see it working for Knuckles.

I think Travis sounds just as bad as Green :-/

Well how do you think he can improve? Because Drier isn't coming back. At all.

He'd have to sound completely different. And not like Sonic from Free Riders to Colors different, I mean completely different.

I think it was Troy Baker, but someone had a voice that sounded like Dreier's version and I loved it. It was in some anime clip where they were playing baseball.

I feel Sabat got way better in Kai(He actually sounds like a person rather than someone who stoned his whole life). But back on topic.

Wouldn't we get the same problem though, just instead of people saying he sounds like Yugi, he'll sound like Mustang, I guess if Travis deepens his voice I could see it working for Knuckles.

That's true.

But, yeah. I think that's a non-issue. Kirk Thornton still sounds like Kirk Thornton's other characters here. People are complaining he takes too much from Dan Green, and not many are a fan of the voice or performance.

... why do you assume everyone knows who Roy is?

... why do you assume everyone knows who Roy is?

...my bad. ^^; Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist...Inferno posted some links.