Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I just thought of something too.

He saying a line first said by Vic Mignogna who plays Omega, but who also plays Edward Elric, and based that line off a line said by Roy Mustang who's voiced by Travis Willingham, who now voices Knuckles....

IT ALL LINKS TOGETHER.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

1. What does your post have to even do with this topic?

Probably no less than your own. ;3

I just deleted over ten replies of spam streak. You see flaming/spamming/unneccessary-chains-o'-mocking, and what do you do? Us staff prefer that you act passively as if it did not exist and try contributing to the actual topic at hand so that it does not drown with trash. Handing in reports by clicking the report button wherever you wish to warrant staff attention is nice and helps staff evaluate and likely deal with the situation quicker. Only one member did this, and I am once again baffled how members keep wanting to build up trash instead of report things to the staff.

Things like these usually result in a locked topic. I have cleaned out whatever seemed to be the cause to the havoc, but if there is more mention of that, the topic will likely be closed.

0.o Why didn't this show up in Colors? I would have trip balls if I saw sonic actually say that. hahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

I laugh SO HARD every time I watch that video! This has to be one my favorite things ever spoken by Sonic. (It does count, right?) Either way, SEGA, you guys made a pretty awesome choice in voice actors ;)

Since the question I posted earlier got deleted with the rest of the spam, I'll ask it again: In the unlikeley event that the games from Adventure to Unleashed, and Sonic X were redubbed, who would you like to see voice the rest of the characters?

I don't know the VAing world at all so can't really give an opinion, but I would like to see the Adventure series re-dubbed someday. You know, if they ever do any updated releases that take more than 5 minutes to make.

I second Blue Blood, I would love to see SA & SA2 redone. I would also definitely like to see Heroes redone. Yeah, the game would still have it's cheesy moments ("CAUSE WE'RE SONIC HEROES!") but the script would probably be more tolerable if the lines were said by someone who didn't sound like they just drank 3 cups of coffee!

As for voice actors? Just go with the cast they have now. They're all good, except for Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know the VAing world at all so can't really give an opinion, but I would like to see the Adventure series re-dubbed someday. You know, if they ever do any updated releases that take more than 5 minutes to make.

It almost makes me want a remake of the Adventure games.

I don't see what everyone's problem with Ryan Drummond was. Sure, his acting was questionable in Adventure 1, but he was great in Adventure 2 and Heroes. He was one of the only voices I really liked from the Adventure cast (Deem Bristow and David Humphrey being the other two). However, I never really played through the Chaotix story in Heroes so I don't have much to say about those characters in particular.

I second Blue Blood, I would love to see SA & SA2 redone. I would also definitely like to see Heroes redone. Yeah, the game would still have it's cheesy moments ("CAUSE WE'RE SONIC HEROES!") but the script would probably be more tolerable if the lines were said by someone who didn't sound like they just drank 3 cups of coffee!

As for voice actors? Just go with the cast they have now. They're all good, except for Amy.

Actually, I meant chracters who weren't recasted, due to either not appearing anymore, or being an anime exclusive character. Who would you want to voice them in a redub? The other characters would keep their current voices.

I was just considering the prospect of a redub coming with an Adventure or Adventure 2 remake, actually. I'd be totally fine with it, personally; not only are the current cast my favourite so far, not only am I a huge sucker for consistency, but it'd just be a load of fun to compare the new cast's performances to the original's and see how each group of actors handled the material.

...if such a thing were ever to happen, though, I think it'd also be important to revise the dialogue somewhat. It wasn't all bad, but a lot of it, especially in Adventure 1, could get incredibly awkward. No matter how good your actors are, if a line sucks badly enough it'll be tough to sell.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd actually love a redub of Adventure 1 or Adventure 2 with the current cast. I was actually kind of wondering why they didn't do it for the Xbox Live/PSN releases. But, yeah, they definitely should rewrite the script, too, since some of the dialogue was kinda...eh.

Edited by Ryusuke
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well with the current cast, I'd be open to it. For comparison's sake if anything else. The first cast was my favorite though. I'd probably be content to leave Eggman's lines alone.

Alot of the fans of the Adventure-era voices would have a fit if SEGA even thought about redubbing the Adventure titles, which is a shame because as a fan of Drummonds Sonic I think it would be pretty cool.

If SA1/2 were to be remade, I would want a complete remake.

By that I mean remaking all of the stages, changing Tails/Eggman and Knux/Rouge gameplay to something that isn't boring. Adding new stages.

Revamping the whole plot, including fixing the infamous Shadow/Sonic Green Forest Time paradox. Making a replacement of the original script and redubbing with the new crew who can actually act.

Alot of the fans of the Adventure-era voices would have a fit if SEGA even thought about redubbing the Adventure titles, which is a shame because as a fan of Drummonds Sonic I think it would be pretty cool.

The original's script was terrible and the acting was wooden. I understand that people have their preferences, but the only advantage that the original voice-crew has, is nostalgia. From an objective standpoint, the current Studiopolis crew are much better actors.

For a remake, I would want them to forsake nostalgia (we've had WAY too much of that) and just redo everything so that all the plot mistakes and bad acting/dialogue is replaced.

Edited by Scar

Besides nostalgia I think some fans just prefer the sound of the characters voices in the Adventure series even though the acting could be pretty bad. For example on Brainscratchcomms lets play of SA2 on youtube they said they preferred Bristow's Eggman to Pollock's but admit that they think Pollock is the better actor for the voice.

Besides nostalgia I think some fans just prefer the sound of the characters voices in the Adventure series even though the acting could be pretty bad. For example on Brainscratchcomms lets play of SA2 on youtube they said they preferred Bristow's Eggman to Pollock's but admit that they think Pollock is the better actor for the voice.

I understand that. I liked Bristow too, he also happened to be the best actor of the originals.

Sadly though, he passed away, so there is nothing we can do about that.

How did we get so far off topic?

• Thumbs Up 1

He said "He/They is/are coming soon. Can't wait to play as him/them when they/he arrive/arrives later this year! He's/They a/are great character/characters and I'm stoked to be voicing him/them. What?" and then gave a link to the annoucement trailer. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

So Roger's gonna voice multiple characters? We already know Classic Sonic won't talk, so who else is he in line for? The villain? Hmm.

I think he was talking about voicing both Classic and Modern Sonic but we now know that Classic Sonic doesn't talk