Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

I try to stay out of topics like that on the Sega forums. Becuase people can ask some weird stuff.

Okay, so if it's not a VA change, what the hell is it? VA change may happen (which, even if just Jason, should hit Shadow and Jet too), but it might not even be the news. Seems likely now, but ARGH! Confusion Central Zone.

I'll be perfectly happy with a voice actor change, or at least I couldn't care less of whatever news it is, seeing as AAUK have admitted the term "franchise-changing" was an exaggeration. This topic sham topic lulz.

Voice actor change isn't really franchise-changing in my book. I would be thinking along the lines off cutting every major side character (no more Tails, Knuckles, Shadow etc), maybe going as far as a total reboot so it's 1991 again (though we almost already have that with Sonic 4), announcing exclusivity to Nintendo so after the re-release of Sonic Adventure DX all Sonic games will only released on Nintendo systems. Both very silly suggestions to what is considered franchise-changing.

While a VA change is totaly possible (Not that I'd want it, but its possible), I will laugh it it goes something like this:

- Announce a big announcement is going to be announced later this week.

- Fans begin to speculate what is going to be announced. They reach the conclusion that there's going to be a VA change.

- Come Thursday, the announcement has nothing to do with VA's at all.

Well, back onto the topic at hand. If it IS a VA change, I wouldn't really mind, but I don't see why its nessessary. And if the new VA is terrible, we've still got alternate languages and a volume button, so it won't bother me much.

I really does seem like it COULD be another VA shift..

hopefully, they'll be good if that's true. /attachedtoJason

I'll be perfectly happy with a voice actor change, or at least I couldn't care less of whatever news it is, seeing as AAUK have admitted the term "franchise-changing" was an exaggeration. This topic sham topic lulz.

Voice actor change isn't really franchise-changing in my book. I would be thinking along the lines off cutting every major side character (no more Tails, Knuckles, Shadow etc), maybe going as far as a total reboot so it's 1991 again (though we almost already have that with Sonic 4), announcing exclusivity to Nintendo so after the re-release of Sonic Adventure DX all Sonic games will only released on Nintendo systems. Both very silly suggestions to what is considered franchise-changing.

Free Riders is exclusive to that new Microsoft thingy.. =P

I'm ok with a VA change and all; but SEGA, please find a way to keep Mike Pollock. He's too perfect to let go. I don't think I can go on if Dr. Eggman got a different VA. :(

Well maybe I can, but I'd be severely depressed.....

Edited by X-Alted

I REALLY hope there isn't a VA change :(! 'Cause, if it is.......PSI RAEG!

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

I REALLY hope there isn't a VA change :(! 'Cause, if it is.......PSI RAEG!

*Reads PSI post thinks he will be like this if it's true XD*

RageFace.png

All this VA shit is getting mad now where did the VA speculation come anyway XD I just hope Jason Griffith can reply to mine and Shadz facebook messages soon (don't know what I'm on about go back a few pages ) :|

Edited by Crash

I for one look forward to a new VA change. Since Jason & co have entered in the games I really haven't had that "Sonic" feeling. I think Jason overacts every line he does. He sounds completely fake and instead of voicing a character I feel he voices a "brand". Not that I think Jason himself deserves to be fired or anything of that nature, I just believe he can't fit the red sneakers. While it would be my fondest wish for Ryan to come back to the role, even having someone new wouldn't be so bad.

Again, we aren't even sure this is happening to I wont get myself too worked up.

I am someone who used to buy Sonic games because I enjoy the character so much. When I got my genesis in '93 Sonic didn't even speak. When Adventure rolled around, Ryan was a new voice that I instantly liked. It sounded very real, and he loved the part which made a nice behind the scene tale. I was never fond of Sonic X, so naturally I couldn't stand the Grade D voice acting. When the cast was replaced, I was in heartbreak because I love what we had with the Adventure series to Heroes.

I have yet to buy a Sonic game since Unleashed, and I even thought that was garbage. While I had Japanese voices to block out what I consider terrible acting, it still was no fun. Having Ryan or a new voice might kick that old character feeling back into me which would make me care a little more.

Also, in before Griffith petitions =P

This is basically what I tried to say but wasn't capable with my lack of english. I'm happy someone shares my opinion

Edited by Jaouad
  • Bad Quality Post 1

If the cast has to be replaced, they should replace all of them with Michael McConnohie.

All of them.

No exceptions.

But seriously, if this is the news, then it's gonna be weird since the current cast has been around longest as far as I know.

It's apparently just Griffith, as we've also had rumors that Pollock is also staying. Or it could be an absolute pick 'n mix. If anyone was to get replaced, I'd say the only voices I'm not happy with Tails and Charmy (Omega too, but his voice will be different in his next appearance).

Sonic, Amy, and Eggman (and Big, Shadow and Rouge with their limited apparences) had the same voice actors right through SA1 to Advance 3, but others changed. Knuckles in Shuffle and then again in SA2, Tails in Heroes and Gamma in Battle.

Edited by Blue Blood

Adventure was 98, and Shadow was 2005. Ryan & co did it for about 8 Years.

I see. I thought it was '99 to '04 for whatever reason.

At any rate, it's the longest we've had such a stable cast with no major changes.

Eh, VA changing is really that all franchise changing. Of course, it is going to cause a lot of debate for the RyanvsJasonvsSuch-and-such fights in the fanbase. Though hopefully it'll be someone good like Ocean Group, and that the rest of the Sonic cast have at least decent voices as well. However, with the direction that some of the future games are going like having it focused more on gameplay than on plot, it'd be best, IMO, just to remove VAs altogether, and just use recycled clips which would cause fan bickering as well, nonetheless. Also, as I've been saying, I would like more gameplay and less story in Sonic games. This would kinda mean that VAs would be underused for the most part.

If they're going to change VAs, then might as well change the writers since they done a fair amount of damage to stories, scripting, and dialogue in Sonic games ever since Heroes or in short, the current writers aren't that good, producing bad to mediocre and unmemorable material.

I like all the different voices Sonic has had over the years.

Sure most of them may not be "Great", but they all did a good job in their own rights.

Edited by CrimsonMoonMist

Me and Gnasher said this before, it's only Sonic's VA the source is reporting about and the evidence lines up with this.

Adventure was 98, and Shadow was 2005. Ryan & co did it for about 8 Years.

Does it matter how longer they did it I think Jason and co have done way more voice acting for the games than the Adventure Voice actors did

Ryan & Co

Sonic Adventure 1

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Shuffle

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Battle

Sonic Advance 3

Jason & Co

Shadow the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Sonic Riders 1

Sonic Riders Zero Gravity

Sonic Rush

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Unleashed

Sonic Rivals 1

Sonic Rivals 2

Sonic & the Black Knight

Sonic & the Secret Rings

Super Smash Brawl

So it doesn't really matter how many years they did Jason as done a lot more than the Adventure VA's ever did

Edited by Crash

Oh boy! I can't wait til Sonic's new actor is announced, and everybody will start arguing! It'll be just like old times! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

A-listers. Nuff said.

Anyways. As I have said so many times before, I'm really not concerned by this whole VA issue.

Its not like Sonic games are suddenly the works of Charles Dickens and Shakespeare.

Honestly, more than the VA's the damn Japanese script writers need to be fired and the translators should be using fucking Google translate.

Script is key.

Also, has anybody else wondered why on earth SEGA would think that a change in voice-actors is something big enough to warrant, not only an announcement, but hyperbole.

I mean seriously, if its VA's what would be the point? They could have easliy just left it till release, when everyone finds out for themselves.

Its not a big deal and SEGA shouldn't think its a big deal.

So I given up on waiting for Jason to reply so I ask the doctor himself Mike Pollock a question similar I asked Jason but he didn't reply but Mike did since he such a total awesome guy he is but he can't say anything about it =(

Proof as well if you don't believe me

14l7d37.jpg

Edited by Crash
  • Thumbs Up 1

"[...]so please get back to me after it hits the streets."

...is there something about to happen, after all? :blink:

Edited by ilcane87

So I given up on waiting for Jason to reply so I ask the doctor himself Mike Pollock a question similar I asked Jason but he didn't reply but Mike did since he such a total awesome guy he is but he can't say anything about it =(

Proof as well if you don't believe me

*pic*

Confirms their presence on Colours.

Can't say anything about the later games.

However, I still think its too insignificant of a change to warrant its own announcement.

Edited by Requiem