Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

"I'm so much faster than you! You suck."

Best way to open a video; I suddenly like Travis, despite the Ninja Turtle-y voice job he did there. Why is our new cast such goofballs? xP

Yeah besides that voice, I have nothing against Travis. He's a really funny guy. I laughed so much watching the rest of the videos. xP

All right watched some Free Riders clips and I change my mind. As long as Roger use his Free Riders tone and improve on it we have win.

I don't think I ever asked, but WHY do you hate his voice?

Because it just sounds like a better acted Dan Green, which I don't think is a good voice for Knuckles. It doesn't sound like I think Knuckles should. McGaharn and Dreier did a much better voice.

Edited by MarcelloF

Because it sounds like a better acted Dan Green, which I don't think is a good voice for Knuckles. It doesn' sound like I think Knuckles should. McGaharn and Dreier did a much better voice.

Even though I personally like Scott Dreier as Knuckles a lot, I never felt that was the only good impression of his character.

Knuckles seems a bit two-faced. At times, he's standoffish and usually a loner, being rather mellow most of the time. Not worrying about anything but the Emerald he protects with his life.

At other times, being surrounded by more then an ancient gem and an isolated island can excite him, making him a bit more excited and loud, as he can actually enjoy himself for once and not feel the burden of guarding the emerald all the time. But sometimes this catches him off guard, making him a bit gullible and too open minded.

I think Travis shows the latter, while Scott/McGaharn show the former. But I like Travis overall though.

I'm going to be honest, i'm not fond of some of the cast. Amy and Shadow are downright dreadful. If I had the power, i'd probably bring back the entire 4Kids cast, sans Cream, Tails and Rouge. They're better.

As far as Sonic goes, I prefer Jason's more Sonic-like voice. It's such a shame that they had to give him the boot after him just giving some of Sonic's best VA performances in Unleashed and Black Knight. Even now, when I think of Sonic, I still think of Jason and not Roger.

I remember when watching the SaSASR/Alton Towers advert on TV. I was saying to my brother that it's as if they were too lazy to get Jason in, and instead got a crappy knock-off VA...

Roger's growing on me after Free Riders and Colours. Still prefer Jason, though. tongue.png Hopefully Roger, and the rest of the cast can shine in Generations.

Edited by Neon

Shadow has the same VA as Orbot, so I'd hold off until we hear him again before deeming him dreadful. The voice is great, buuuut sssssssomethinnnnnnnnnnng else abooooooouuuuuut him puts me offfffffff.

Amy however is shite.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm going to be honest, i'm not fond of some of the cast. Amy and Shadow are downright dreadful. If I had the power, i'd probably bring back the entire 4Kids cast, sans Cream, Tails and Rouge. They're better.

As far as Sonic goes, I prefer Jason's more Sonic-like voice. It's such a shame that they had to give him the boot after him just giving some of Sonic's best VA performances in Unleashed and Black Knight. Even now, when I think of Sonic, I still think of Jason and not Roger.

I remember when watching the SaSASR/Alton Towers advert on TV. I was saying to my brother that it's as if they were too lazy to get Jason in, and instead got a crappy knock-off VA...

Roger's growing on me after Free Riders and Colours. Still prefer Jason, though. tongue.png Hopefully Roger, and the rest of the cast can shine in Generations.

I personally think Silver and Blaze new voices are A LOT better than orginals.

About Shadow. Well its good voice for him. If you listen to his Colors voice clips you can hear a mix of Jason and David. He is just using wrong tone. Its like he is trying too hard but it was his first performance. He will do better.

For example Roger improved a lot since Colors. In Free Riders his voice is more somoth and natural.

And if we combine it with fact that some actors are already doing great (Tails, Knux, Espio, Silver, Blaze) and they can improve I think we can have best cast ever. We just have to wait till Generations.

Because it just sounds like a better acted Dan Green, which I don't think is a good voice for Knuckles. It doesn't sound like I think Knuckles should. McGaharn and Dreier did a much better voice.

I thought that Roger sounds the same in Free Riders like he does in Colors after watching all the cutscenes on youtube. In Free Riders he sounded excited while in Colors he sounds more calm. I dunno how to describe it but thats how it came off to me.

I thought that Roger sounds the same in Free Riders like he does in Colors after watching all the cutscenes on youtube. In Free Riders he sounded excited while in Colors he sounds more calm. I dunno how to describe it but thats how it came off to me.

Maybe its just me but for me Roger in Colors sounded more deep while in Free Riders he was more "cool" qnd that fits Sonic.

It's annoying when voice actors are changed, unless someone is particularly bad. It often seems to be the case that, just as they've really nailed the character and I'm happy with them, they're replaced and I have to start getting used to someone new all over again. =| I wonder how long these ones will last for.

Edited by Lungo

It's annoying when voice actors are changed, unless someone is particularly bad. It often seems to be the case that, just as they've really nailed the character and I'm happy with them, they're replaced and I have to start getting used to someone new all over again. =| I wonder how long these ones will last for.

They always change them one year before significant aniversary (Once in 2005 and now in 2010).

I hope they wont change them now. I think they shouldnt change whole cast ever again. If someone isnt doing well then change him/her not other actors that are possibly good. So yeah let them improve and stay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Agreed with HUNTER297. Hopefully they stick with the current ones until the end, or at least longer than 5-6 years. I happen to like them. (Well, except Amy, but she'll improve eventually... I hope dry.png).

Edited by TwoTailedFox

They'll probably change the voice cast again if people are very unhappy and complain about them enough. Hopefully they'll keep the new voices much longer then 5 years.

I like the VAs for Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and the 'bots. I'm going to reserve judgement on the other cast until we hear them in Generations, think they'll be more "refined" in a main series game compared to a Kinect spinoff right after the change.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very, very, very happy that the VAs were changed, I couldn't stand Jason's voice. The other characters also sound better. (Except for Cream, who seemingly can't ever get normal voice acting.)

I still prefer Ryan Drummond to Roger Craig Smith, but Smith is a very good voice actor too.

Nobody in the world can do it better than Junichi Kanemaru, though. tongue.png He's the Ultimate Seiyuuform.

• 2 weeks later...

I love nearly all the new voices. Especially tails since he finally sounds like a dude. I even like Shadow's voice. Gives him more personality.

The only voice I can't stand is Amy's. She sounds like Mina Mouse....

So the game is coming out in 4 weeks so is it almost time for Sega to release a cutscene trailer like they did with Sonic Colors last year? I'm really curious to see how the tone of the story and the cutscenes are.

So the game is coming out in 4 weeks so is it almost time for Sega to release a cutscene trailer like they did with Sonic Colors last year? I'm really curious to see how the tone of the story and the cutscenes are.

I know, but would like to know if any of the new actors and writers improved since then. Hopefully a cutscene will be leaked out like what happened with Unleashed. :P

I love nearly all the new voices. Especially tails since he finally sounds like a dude. I even like Shadow's voice. Gives him more personality.

The only voice I can't stand is Amy's. She sounds like Mina Mouse....

Honestly hearing different talents make the game even more interesting. Seems like each group they find, brings the characters to life in a whole new way.

I gotta admit, from Adventure (they grew on me). So did the 4Kids gang.. seriously they just become those characters every time you know that voice.

I have to give this new cast props, they will make this remixed chapter an exciting one. *Including Roger Craig, who is a pretty nice guy

Well, then they should show of the new international actors. =P

You mean the ones that aren't Sonic & Tails? Ehh I guess, we're probably gonna get a cutscene within the next couple of weeks anyway, things like that tend to get leaked.