Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Here's my verdict on the Voices as of generations.

Sonic- Excellent.

Eggman- Mike Pollock gave a stellar performance as our beloved doctor before and he still gives a stellar performance now.

Tails- Kate Higgins did a wonderful job in Colors and Free Riders and she still gave us a good performance in generations.

Amy- Horrendous at first. But in generations Cindy Robinson sounded a lot more tolerable as Amy. Overall her Amy voice still needs work but it's getting better.

Knuckles- Sounds just like Dan Green. No problems here.

Shadow- Good in my eyes. I'm still laughing at all the shadow fanboys on YouTube losing their shit after shadow said just one line, "You got this Sonic!". Seriously? One damn line and you go crazy over it? Lmao.

Rouge- Perfect. Karen Strassman really does this character justice after the last voice actress made her sound like a 50 year old.

Cream- Sounds exactly like her previous voices to me.

Silver- Awesome. Quinton Flynn really makes silver sound older and cooler.

Blaze- Sounds the same to me.

Espio- Cool.

Vector- Cool. Hated it at first but it grew on me quickly.

Charmy- Cool.

Omochao- Not as annoying as his previous voices surprisingly.

Overall: Awesome cast of voices. Amy's voice needs work but overall still good.

Like- Tails, Sonic, Vector, Charmy

Meh- Rouge, Blaze (I thought she sounded British when I first heard her), Knuckles

Hate- Shadow, Jet, Amy

That's my two cents

At least Mario and Sonic London proved that voice direction is as much a part of making the voices what they are as opposed to just voice acting.

Here's my verdict on the Voices as of generations.

Shadow- Good in my eyes. I'm still laughing at all the shadow fanboys on YouTube losing their shit after shadow said just one line, "You got this Sonic!". Seriously? One damn line and you go crazy over it? Lmao.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

New Shadow voice is so much better than Griffith. At least there's emotion. Even if that emotion is lust for Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 7

New Shadow voice is so much better than Griffith. At least there's emotion. Even if that emotion is lust for Sonic.

I just hate the slurs in his voice "You got this SSSSSSSonic."

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one who absolutely don't have a problem with Shadow's new voice? I've heard people complaining about the "You got this, Sonic" line and when I've heard it and I don't really see what the big deal is. I just see it as fans just likes to over-react and flip their shit over new voices per usual, just like when fans first heard Sonic's voice in Colors for the first time and threw a temper tantrum. Shadow don't hardly even say much in the game for me to really say if the voice actor has improved since Free Rider. Just like Amy, I hated her voice at first but her voice actor gotten better in Generations.

Edited by candied sugar plum1984

Yes, because that one line was absolutely atrocious. Along with his acting in Free Riders.

Humphrey and Griffith were infinitely better in every conceivable way. I could easily imagine one of them saying "you've got this, Sonic" without it being as painfully cringeworthy, for the sole fact that their voices actually sounded natural when talking.

Sarcasm?

Shadow's new voice actor is also Orbots new voice actor.

I think he could nail the voice with ease, if the voice direction pushes him in the right direction. Currently, they're trying too hard to make his voice deeper.

Edited by Scar

Kirk Thornton could be an amazing Shadow. He's done characters like this before, and did a great job (Samurai Champloo and Gungrave come to mind, though I guess you can count Rurouni Kenshin too though Saito isn't anything like Shadow), but they're making him give this raspy voice that's making him seem like he's trying too hard to be mysterious. >> They need to stop that.

Edited by Ryusuke

To be honest considering the small screen time Shadow gets...I don't think anyone...even Kirk himself cares too much of a fuck on how Shadow should sound like.

Now if he was around during the Adventures...I'm sure he would nail Shadow very well, but he hasn't had any reason to step it it at all.

To be honest considering the small screen time Shadow gets...I don't think anyone...even Kirk himself cares too much of a fuck on how Shadow should sound like.

That's what I'm saying why hire new voice actors if you're not going to use them. Shadow has like maybe two lines in the entire game. That's like a very easy paycheck for them.

Sarcasm?

Not really. Even when Griffith's Shadow had to be serious, he still sounded great. Look below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdXKunEjI-k

He sounds, strong, powerful, and determined. Something Thornton doesn't.

Imagine Thornton's Shadow in this cutscene.

"I haaaaaaaaaaaave fooooooooooouuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnd yoooooou, appreeeeeeeeentiiiiiiiiiiceeeee Kniiiiightttttt, eneeeemy oooooof my Kiiiiiiiing"

"Iiiiii aaaaaam Lanceeeeloooooooooot"

Edited by Neon

I loved last Shadow voice. Kirk isnt as great. I thinl only voices that actually are better than their last counterparts are Silver, Blaze and Tails. Rest could stay the same.

To be fair, you're comparing Kirk few lines to Jason's voice work when he has been voicing Shadow for a good 5 or 6 years while Kirk is still starting out. When Jason first started as Shadow sometimes he would sound just like Sonic but with a slightly rougher voice. It's not cool to keep poking fun at him especially when Jason himself also has his own hits and misses when he first started voicing these characters, it kinda makes you look like an ass.

I just find it funny that they replaced the cast...when the voice actors themselves just started to give a fuck.

• Thumbs Up 9

To be fair, you're comparing Kirk few lines to Jason's voice work when he has been voicing Shadow for a good 5 or 6 years while Kirk is still starting out. When Jason first started as Shadow sometimes he would sound just like Sonic but with a slightly rougher voice. It's not cool to keep poking fun at him, it kinda makes you look like an ass.

Except Shadow has a whole bunch of lines in Free Riders.

So? That was his very first time doing Shadow's voice. There's always room for improvement.

I just find it funny that they replaced the cast...when the voice actors themselves just started to give a fuck.

Yeah, it took them 5 or 6 long years, too.

I honestly love the new voice-cast.

Like- Sonic, Eggman (Has alway's loved Mike Pollock as Eggman), Tails, Rouge, Knuckles, Cream.

O.K.- Amy, Shadow, Vector, Charmy, Espio, Blaze

Hate- Jet (His voice is so...painful...)

Edited by Christmas-Hedgehog

So? Thats was his very first time doing Shadow's voice.

And?

SA2 was Humphrey's first time with Shadow, yet he still sounds fine. Same with Griffith's Shadow in Shadow the Hedgehog.

I won't count Sonic X since the voice direction is completely different.

I think you completely forgot the fact that Griffith had to take a good 5 years to voice the characters he had to.

His Shadow sounded like absolute shit in ironically, his own game. He sounded WAY to over-dramatic and serious. Putting too much emphasis where it wasn't needed. ("YOU're GOING straight to heghl!")

Kirk actually sounded pretty nice in Free Riders. All he has to do is stop slurring his lines. He says a pretty good "Chaos Control" line in both Generations and Free Riders without the slur, and it sounded good.

Humphrey still has the best Chaos Control line though. (And even then I mean the 2P battle mode line.)

EDIT: IN sa2, I dunno, Shadow sounds like he isn't putting emotion where he should at places. He also put words to close together when talking... ("There'sno reason formeto help them.") Even though his issues were minor, he still had problems.

Edited by XenoSanta