Awoo.

Roger Craig "Consoles" Smith new voice of Sonic & The God Damn Batman!

Badnik Mechanic

Honestly I don't know why Sega replaced all of the VA ('cept Eggman) which some of them don't need changing at all.

Maybe Sega wanted a fresh start with their voice cast? (I mean everything else in the games were getting a fresh start in a way so why not)

Edited by Holly Jolly Havoc

Maybe Sega wanted a fresh start with their voice cast? (I mean everything else in the games were getting a fresh start in a way so why not)

If they really wanted a fresh start, then why wasn't Eggman replaced? And I would have agreed with you, if they replaced the VAs before Unleashed, because Unleashed was the game that started it all with the Modern gameplay.

Wow, its like Deja vu all over again, I remember a similar statement 5 years ago, except replace Lisa Ortiz with Jennifer Douliard.

...except Lisa was a good actor for Amy and does not have a squeaky annoying voice like Cindy's? Jennifer's voice for Amy was brilliant, mind you so replacing Jennifer with Lisa seemed like a downgrade, but it's not really "that" bad.

Cindy is a huge HUGE downgrade from Amy's previous voice actors. I thought the whole point of this was to "improve" the character's voices, not make it worse. Unless Cindy really brushes up her acting soon, when Amy comes on screen people will mute the TV. Even Cream's new voice is better than Amy's.

Maybe cause a lot of fans were unhappy and complaining about the 4Kids VA so much ever since they've replaced the Sonic Adventure actors? I hope they hire voices that SEGA is happy with and permanently stick with them. It's kinda annoying that they keep changing voices about every 5 or 6 years just when you're finally getting use to them. They should only replace a voice actor when that actor dies, quits, retires. etc but don't change the whole cast.

If I can remember, most of the complaining was about Sonic's and Tails' voices...and maybe I can throw in Rouge. They should have only replaced those, and those only. But I agree, they should only replace a voice actor when he/she dies, retires or wants to quit. However just for this one time, I want Amy's voice replaced. Because it's really bad.

Edited by Spiced Christmas

Honestly I don't know why Sega replaced all of the VA ('cept Eggman) which some of them don't need changing at all.

End of contract, they could get a better deal, they wanted more professional actors to go along with the more professional scripts, they were aware of the bitching... any number of reasons really. At any rate we can be sure that they know how fond everyone is of Pollock's Eggman.

Edited by Blue Blood

End of contract, they could get a better deal, they wanted more professional actors to go along with the more professional scripts, they were aware of the bitching... any number of reasons really. At any rate we can be sure that they know how fond everyone is of Pollock's Eggman.

Yes, because it is.

I really don't care if you dislike Colours' dialogue and story, but you can't say its unprofessionally written. The quality of the writing far surpasses, at least in terms of dialogue and character develop, far surpasses anything that came before it, perhaps with the arguable exception of Black Knight (which, mind you, still had some very forced dialogue).

Contrary to what people might think, the Colours writers didn't create the story and write the dialogue. No the story was already written by Sonic Team, because they developed the game. All the Colours writers did, was localise it for English-speaking countries. They did what they were told by SEGA and Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's wrong with it in Generations? Yeah, the story needs a lot of work but I don't see what's wrong with the writing. The writing itself is fine.

Edited by ReindeerHunter297

Yeah especially "I dont know whats going on but I will kick your ass" Shadow, "I dont care time-space is destroyed... Oh Sonic but wait you can be fake!" Silver or "LOOK ITS A HOMING SHOT!!!"

Please... I could write better dialouge for free. And they are taking money for it!

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah especially "I dont know whats going on but I will kick your ass" Shadow, "I dont care time-space is destroyed... Oh Sonic but wait you can be fake!" Silver or "LOOK ITS A HOMING SHOT!!!"

Please... I could write better dialouge for free. And they are taking money for it!

Hm, I thought this topic thread was about the "new" voice actors, not listing your latest grievances about the new writers...

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, you're just looking for any reasons to hate on them now and ignoring the rest of the better dialouge in the game.

Anyway I don't care. This topic isn't about the story writing and how you don't like them. This is about the voice actors.

Only thing I found bareable was dialogue beetwen EGGMEN. Rest was (in)complete shit.

Hm, I thought this topic thread was about the "new" voice actors, not listing your latest grievances about the new writers...

It was until someome called writers "professionals"

Only thing I found bareable was dialogue beetwen EGGMEN. Rest was (in)complete shit.

What's wrong with the dialogue between Sonic and Tails? They're not filled with jokes and puns that you seem to hate so much before in Colors and now you're hating on them because the story feels in complete but with better dialogue. sleep.png

Thats because they are professionals, they've written a ton of work for TV shows and other games outside of Colors and Generations. You're going off topic with more of your petty writers complaining.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

And Colors didn't?

Arguably. Parts of the humour were indeed forced. However, the character interactions were far more fluid and natural than they ever have been. Eggman's dialogue was stellar, incredibly well-written.

Yeah especially "I dont know whats going on but I will kick your ass" Shadow,

He didn't even say the line. It was in a text bubble. And exactly what is wrong with the line anyway? Please, explain to us with your superior writing skills, how you would have better written Shadow's reason for fighting Sonic?

"I dont care time-space is destroyed... Oh Sonic but wait you can be fake!" Silver

Silver didn't even say that.....I'm not sure what point you're trying to make....

or "LOOK ITS A HOMING SHOT!!!"

What's wrong with the line? The fact that its repeated so often? Explain to me how its their fault the line was repeated so often? They didn't program the game.

I'm sure you can ¬_¬

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 6

... Which they are. Your personal opinion on their works doesn't change that simple fact. Why, exactly, are you making this such a big deal, mon?

• Thumbs Up 5

... Which they are. Your personal opinion on their works doesn't change that simple fact. Why, exactly, are you making this such a big deal, mon?

This is pretty much everything that needs to be said.

Now get back on topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

And you think Cindy is the right professional actor, to go with more professional scripts for Amy. And I'm sure the 4Kids VA are more than professional enough to handle the scripts in Sonic Colors and Generations.

And you think Cindy is the right professional actor, to go with more professional scripts for Amy. And I'm sure the 4Kids VA are more than professional enough to handle the scripts in Sonic Colors and Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I do think she is. Robinson has a quite a wide vocal range and she's definately a good actor. I see nothing wrong with her acting, the only problem is the direction really. She just needs to tweak the sound of a voice and she's capable of that.

Edited by Spiced Christmas

Colors writing was atrocious...but SG's writing is bearable, in fact I actually found Eggman going crazy with his over-the-top laugh pretty funny. And this time there weren't as many poor jokes forced on you...Now I see I was right about my hate for Smith originating mostly from his pitiful script in Colors, now I find him tolerable but nothing more. As for most of the cast, they somehow sound pretty similar to their older actors, so I'd say they should just keep improving the writing and make longer stories than SG...the only problem I see with it is the last boss cutscene, Sonic's in trouble and can't move, and then all of his friends arrive, to do what exactly? Cheer him on and ANNOY the player during the boss fight. I can bet many of us were thinking "Well, Shadow and Silver do have a super form, why can't they help?".

Edited by SilverTheHedgehog

Cheer him on and ANNOY the player during the boss fight. I can bet many of us were thinking "Well, Shadow and Silver do have a super form, why can't they help?".

Edited by Scar