Awoo.

Ghosts

Lady Lily

I don't.

As for why, I don't believe in souls or New Age-y "energies", and every ghost origin that I can think of falls into either one or the other.

If there really were ghosts in the world, then most of the world would be haunted.

Obviously it isn't so no.

Yes. I believe in them. Partly because of my own experiences, partly because I am a follower of Spiritualism. I have had quite a few run encounters with spirits and I admit that they terrify me. But as my mother says, it's the living that hurt you, not the dead.

Lately, i've been seeing an old woman in a flowing night dress walk up the stairs. We believe it's a woman named Peggy who was the previous occupant of our house.

Freakishly, we sometimes leave a mobile phone in record mode in my bedroom in complete silence and come back to it later only to discover that it has recorded voices whispering names like David and it often picks up what sounds like a workshop in operation with buzzsaws and hammer sounds. We only discovered later that our house stands on the foundations of a former workshop.

While I think ghost stories can be fun, and even though I'm easily terrified for some reason I like buying into ghost stories and such.

That being said, no I don't believe in them any more then I believe in anything of a super natural or magical nature.

Doesn't stop super natural things from scaring me senseless, it just means I think I think of it more as giving into my over active imagination to make myself paranoid rather then being scared of something tangible and real.

I'd have to say they are real. Why? Because I crapped 100 Bricks when I saw Paranormal Activity. So, yes they're real!

Yes. I believe in them. Partly because of my own experiences, partly because I am a follower of Spiritualism. I have had quite a few run encounters with spirits and I admit that they terrify me. But as my mother says, it's the living that hurt you, not the dead.

Lately, i've been seeing an old woman in a flowing night dress walk up the stairs. We believe it's a woman named Peggy who was the previous occupant of our house.

Freakishly, we sometimes leave a mobile phone in record mode in my bedroom in complete silence and come back to it later only to discover that it has recorded voices whispering names like David and it often picks up what sounds like a workshop in operation with buzzsaws and hammer sounds. We only discovered later that our house stands on the foundations of a former workshop.

Oh? See I'm sort of a skeptic. Sometimes I think I'm having a ghostly encounter. Then, I think that my insomnia is out causing my mind to go on overdrive. XD

But, what an interesting experience you've had. Hmm....

The thought of them creeps me out big time... but I have to agree with the majority so far and say no, they're not real. Any and all encounters can be explained scientifically and/or psychologically. There is just no evidence to support them, and the concept is pretty daft anyway =P

I don't believe in Ghosts due me never seeing one in my life or ever experiencing any kind of paranormal activity. I still have yet to see any evidence that would back up the claim of them being real.

I admit I am skeptical about Ghosts because I have never seen one. But I can't rule out that they don't exist. Anyway I don't find the idea of Ghost too scary.

Remember who are you gonna call? :D

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what, I don't believe in ghosts. However if I do die and I become a ghost... oh you know who I'm gonna haunt! ;)

I want to believe. I love the idea of ghosts and hauntings and such. However, I've never once truly experienced anything that'd solidify ghosts as an encounter.

It's gotten to the point where I've actually put myself in prime situations for ghosts to appear, and yet still no cigar.

I left my computer web cam to record my room while I'm out for any paranormal figures. Three times. Nothing happened.

I've visited the 9/11 site where thousands of people died late at 3:00AM with my friends. Five times. Nothing happened.

Constantly I've been alone in my home thanks to parents going out, or getting home early, waiting for an encounter. To this very day, nothing happened.

Damn.

I'm not going to just say they don't exist though. Simply because that's the somewhat narrow approach to take. There are plenty of beliefs that incredibly massive groups of people base their lives upon that revolve around things that have no evidence, proof or proper certification to be classified as "real".

Basically leaving room for the future.

-Iceman

I'm not going to just say they don't exist though. Simply because that's the somewhat narrow approach to take. There are plenty of beliefs that incredibly massive groups of people base their lives upon that revolve around things that have no evidence, proof or proper certification to be classified as "real".
"A lot of people do it" is not a sound argument...

Never had any reason to believe in ghosts, likewise I've never had any reason not to.

However haunted locations make a great excuse to go on legend trips with my friends. Haven't seen anything ghost-like unless you count one event that turned out to be a stray cat tailing us but was pretty ghostly up until we got the courage to face what was following us, but we haven't explored any of the local spots that are supposed to be seriously haunted yet. Who knows, maybe by the end of this year I'll have reason to believe in ghosts.

Ah I never really got into why I don't believe in them. OH and yet I do believe 'em at the same time. I don't think there's enough substantial evidence for the existence of ghosts. Now here's why I also believe in them at the same time. I had an experience one Easter morning where I was getting dressed. I was looking for my dress shoes. I could not find them. They weren't in my closet. I give up searching for these shoes. I take a shower and I intend on looking for them again. After I get out of the shower, I find my shoes to be right by my chair where my desk is. I could not believe it. Perhaps a ghost moved them there. I don't know, I will never know.

There was another incident where this happened. I'm on a band's website and then I have to go to the bathroom. My bathroom is close to my room, so it took me about a minute go in there. Now I come back to my computer and I notice that it's on another webpage... it was a link on the band's site. I was on their MySpace page and I never clicked on it. Nobody else was upstairs except for me, so it would be impossible if my brother or mother came into my room and clicked on the link. Maybe, just maybe a ghost did it.

I wish they were real. But no, I don't believe. Man, why does NOTHING cool like that really exist?

I've gone on 'ghost hunting' trips with my friends and watched footage they've taken and I gotta say, they would be sitting there like "Ohh this is a face, or it could be a mother, father, and a baby." and every person would be sitting there shaking their heads like "yaaaa I see it"

.....................I did not see a damn thing in any video. I guess if you want to see something bad enough you can.

I believe in the possibility of ghosts. I think to outright not believe something is close-minded though so I'm like that with everything.

I like the idea that they do exist though, if you pushed me to be specific. They seem fairly plausible to me, and I'm interested in ghost stories. I've had a couple of light paranormal experiences too. Nothing to confirm either way, but still.

• Thumbs Up 2

I believe is some weird existence, I don't know if they're ghosts or not. Somewhere around the graveyard of Myspace my buddy Jeremy posted a blog about our Ouija board experience and that was crazy enough to convince anyone. Not to mention there's always a just a little trickle of me who get's excited about the idea of spirits and crap.

Like, the fact this was posted the a couple days before this topic. Go figure, clever irony or a sign??? XD

I believe in the possibility of ghosts. I think to outright not believe something is close-minded though so I'm like that with everything.

I like the idea that they do exist though, if you pushed me to be specific. They seem fairly plausible to me, and I'm interested in ghost stories. I've had a couple of light paranormal experiences too. Nothing to confirm either way, but still.

To be honest, I think this is how I really feel about ghosts. So scratch that about me not believing in them. I may never get a clear cut logical explanation, but I believe in the possibility of ghosts like you said. So yeah... it's weird. I don't believe in any god (after some investigations and thoughts nowadays I've gotten slightly agnostic... but still leaning more towards atheism), yet I believe in a possibility in ghosts.

Being agnostic I take the same approach to ghosts: We just don't know if they exist and I don't think we ever will. But I do enjoy entertaining the thought. I love ghost documentaries and all that and at some point in my life, I want to go on a ghost tour despite the fact that I'm more of a skeptic than believer so the whole time I'll be thinking "I wasted my money on this."

My mom says she's heard my grandmother's voice a number of times, one of which being her telling me not to cry when I was a baby, though I won't believe it until I experience something.

Right-O. I don't think we'll ever get a clear cut and black and white answer if ghosts exist or not. It's fun to believe they exist. I was watching various ghost hunter kinda videos months ago. There's some really interesting footage. However, I just look at that as simply entertainment. I don't really believe in that. Ghosts are not really newsworthy either.