Awoo.

Doomsday Zone recreated in 3D cut scene style video

Shaddix Leto Croft

When is he gonna release part 2 dammit. That vid is like, a year old now. And those part 2 screens and animations are looking mega juicy now.

That sunset shot for the credits sequence. AWESOOOOOME.

Edited by Black Spy

Huh. I can only assume he's using Unleashed models now much like he used Brawl ones last time. Did he make it a bit taller/lankier though? That render at the end comes across as slightly more Adventure-ish. It's kinda cool, or maybe I just haven't played Unleashed in a long time.

This was probably a final year animation project. This would have taken months if not years to even get this far. I should also point out that the work is unfinished... and may never be finished. :(

But damn am I glad that guy got a job at BioWare. Extremely well deserved.

Got a job at BioWare?

Major grats to him. This was aweosme, and the job was in order.

Nice find Shaddix B) . I remember seeing this last year and it blew my mind, Still does. The Tails scene there was certainly cool. Wonder if they'll pick up the project again or just move on to something else.

I watched that video yesterday and ive got to say its really well made for a fan! Doing that must had required a lot of hard work

Unfortunately it lacks the frenetic pace of the actual zone, but this is top-notch work.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.. That was amazing! The guy who made this sure has some talent- he should look into joining Sonic Team!

Wow.. That was amazing! The guy who made this sure has some talent- he should look into joining Sonic Team!

Already works at BioWare though, if I'm not wrong.

Sonic Team make games. This guy has made a video.

Edited by Blue Blood

I can't wait to see part 2 of this video when I first saw part 1 a year ago I was so amazed at how professional and amazing it looked. It was lovely to see Eggman's Mechs from that game in nice 3D. I half wish he could redo part 1 and replace Brawl's Sonic with the Unleashed one only because I like his Unleashed model more.

The scenes with Tails were simply amazing and I love how he went and took creative liberties to add more to the scene in part 1. This is how a Sonic 3D movie would be like, I hope he makes more of these after he finishes part 2. I'd love to see scenes from Sonic 2 or CD done in this manner or more scenes from Sonic 3 such as the first boss in Doomsday the giant Mech with the fingers. I love that boss and would die a happy woman to see it realized in 3D.

Sonic Team make games. This guy has made a video.

While I agree, last time I checked, Sonic Team has cutscenes in their games. :P

While I agree, last time I checked, Sonic Team has cutscenes in their games. :P

The cutscenes are real time events most of the time. It's only on odd occasions that they aren't (Unleashed Wii, not sure about Colours). All their CG stuff it outsourced.