Awoo.

Mega Man Universe [CANCELLED]

Ekaje

Truth.

Three trailers. First has Mega Man, second has Rockman (yes, they're different characters), and the third has "Bad Box Art Mega Man".

So, right now, it looks like standard Mega Man, but the inclusion of new characters such as Ryu and Arthur could change things up though they're both projectile users, so maybe, maybe not. I just hope that the other playable characters aren't just costumes for Mega Man when it comes down to it.

Also, hoping for other incarnations of Mega Man to be playable.

Sweet! Can't wait to kick some robotic brains in with one of the most infamous/craziest international design choices ever!

Looks like classic Mega Man, but with most likely a bunch of Capcom characters to play as.

So far at least, I'd like to see more.

Eh.. at this point the most interesting thing about Mega Man Universe is the ability to play as other Capcom characters.

I wanna see Ryu and Arthur gameplay.

I actually enjoyed the gameplay footage, and I really love the artistic style that they are going with it. I'm really excited for this game, and I can't wait to see more footage.

Also, loved that they had an instrumental version of "Message From Dr. Light" by the Megas for the Trailer.

Well, this all looks surpremely.... meh. A polygonal old-school-esque Mega Man game where you can use different skins.... okay?

But I doubt that's all that's in store for this game. I'll wait until I hear more on it before I pass a verdict or something, but if the biggest feature of the game is playing as "Bad Box Art Mega Man", I'm out.

I wish we got some Ryu gameplay. I figure he'd play like MMX8 Zero with the K Knuckle equipped, sans wall jump.

Pffft. What garbage. This game doesn't seem to be anything more than yet another Mega Man 2 rehash. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm severely disappointed. I don't care anymore. Any enthusiasm I might have had for this game over the past month or so, has officially flown out the window. This is one game that I won't be wasting my money on. In fact, this piece of crap could bomb for all I care.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Wow, a bit harsh too soon. I think it could be decent but need to see more to judge since a few things open still to interpretation though nothing too impressive just yet.

Keiji Inafune has confirmed that there will be tons of playable characters. Not just the Mega Men. Characters will include guests from other Capcom games such as Street Fighter, so don't count Ryu out yet. Here's a promotional image of the revealed Mega Men as well as a look at some of your other character choices.

lib287585.jpg

lib287584.jpg

So has anyone here actually thought that this could be, you know, a level editor game? Because that's what it looks like to me!

So has anyone here actually thought that this could be, you know, a level editor game? Because that's what it looks like to me!

That was normally my first thought when I heard of the game, and I still believe it might be the game's main gimmick. Kind of like the "Powered Up" of the new generation.

Keiji Inafune has confirmed that there will be tons of playable characters. Not just the Mega Men. Characters will include guests from other Capcom games such as Street Fighter, so don't count Ryu out yet. Here's a promotional image of the revealed Mega Men as well as a look at some of your other character choices.

lib287585.jpg

lib287584.jpg

I think I see Aurthur in there :D

WOO-HOO! Boxart man's playable! And is that meant to be American NES Mega man next to him? 'Cause I think that's Japanese Rockman next to Ryu.

Some of the recent pieces of artwork (in addition to the trailers, themselves) have only further proven my point that this is going to be nothing more than a mediocre Mega Man 2 fanservice cash-in title. The only thing even remotely appealing about the extended trailer, was the fact that a Spark Man remix was playing in the background.

lib287584.jpg

For some reason I think I can see Cut Man, Crash Man, Flash Man, Stone Man, Elec Man and Frost Man in there...

Edited by Blaziken

I don't get the playable "Megaman" character. Really, like, why is the Megaman I'm farmiliar with called "Rockman" (Yes, I know Rockman is his Japanese name, but hear me out), and the official "Megaman" in this game some angry asshole? I don't understand, I feel like "Rockman" should've been "Megaman" and had Capcom call it a day.

So is the "Megaman" character like, a joke? I don't remember ever seeing an ANGRY Megaman in any of the game. Maybe the Gameboy RPGs, but that's about it. I don't get it.

I'm stickin' with Rockman if I get this.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call it a joke (bad boxart Megaman is a joke), maybe more satire and some light ribbing.

And even though in the actual game Mega/Rockman looked the same, the western boxart always went out of its way to try to make him look less cute and more tough. When it wasn't horrifying ape-man Megaman, it was creepy smirking dwarf Megaman (and be very glad they went with Angry Eyes rather than this, for "Mega Man"). Same thing with the cartoon, where Megaman was a muscular teen rather than a stubby boy. I'd say it's poking fun at that particular trend in general, not any specific version of Mega Man.